Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
Air Conditioning Problem

Has anyone had a problem with their air conditioning at all? The other day I went to my car after getting off work and because the morning weas cool, it was on the defroster mode when i turned the car on. When I tried to switch it from defroster to normal vents it didnt sound like it switched over but i had assumed it did. Later on in the day i got back in the car, noticed a little different noise and went to turn the airconditioning up and all of a sudden i got this almost high rpm motor noise, like the shaft was spinning super fast because it lost its fan blade or a pump thats suppose to be submerged in fluid but you pull it out into air.... thats the difference in sound.

Has anyone experienced anything like that?

I am going to take it into the dealership but am curious how they are going to look at it with the aftermarket stereo installed... any tips with the stereo before i take it in?
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote