Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
Sometimes i miss paintball

a few years back i owned an online paintball retail store and because of it had access to pretty much anything paintball related. I build a couple autocockers that were a ton of fun to shoot

I was cleaning out my photobucket of pictures i dont need anymore and found these videos. other than the crappy loaders i had on the guns they really threw some serious paint.

The funny thing is tons of paint isnt and never was my style. by the end of the hobby for me i was playing pump and putting the spray and pray kids to shame :)

My gun (eagle body, ebladed, eclipse pneumatics)

My wifes gun (Rare mini vertebrate with eblade and i think they were a mix of ANS and WGP pnuematics)

i havent played since i sold the business :(
Old 10-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
i played paintball when i was like 12. good times. i only had a tippman
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

it really doesnt matter what you have as long as it works. paintball is loads of fun. nothing like running around hunting your friends lol
Old 10-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Mateo

Drives: Blazing blue 08 LB
I played for a few years. Had a Tippman 98 custom that I done lots of work on. Then got a electric gun and never played. Got out my old guy last weekend to mess with it. Those are the type of auto cockers I always dreamed of lol
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

if i were to get back into it hands down i would buy another phantom. i had a couple of really sick phantoms

my wife on the other hand didnt like pump so i'd probably get her something that had some more fire power.

me... i like to take my time and make the shots count
Old 10-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Tiny, you are just like my friend. He's super weird and liked the phantom. He would be crawling around like 20 minutes to get his shot. He loved it. lol
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

i'm not a passive player by any means. but the phantoms are sooooooo oooo accurate that i would be able to hit things 1st or second shot. and they are super quiet too

i like distracting. shoot in one spot until the opponent ducks down .. then run to a different spot. when the person looks and starts shooting at where you were.. you blast them in the face. lol

i felt bad sometimes . the gun was so dead on that i was known for shooting hands, heads and feet. sometimes you can see feet underneath buildings and i'd pelt them from 30-40ft away lol
Old 10-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

even when i used my cockers i wouldnt spray often. the only time i would shoot fast is to get someone to duck down so i could advance on them . but i always hunt for that inch or two sticking out from behind stuff :)
Old 10-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
i've still got a couple of markers that i haven't used in months(a phantom stock-class and an 04 wgp prostock that i converted to pump). used to play with friends of mine(they all shot semi), but nobody wants to play anymore. i don't know - it seems like the whole industry has sort of 'farted-out'. i checked out a few paintball magazines the other day at a bookstore just to see what was new and i really wasn't impressed! i guess the whole arms-race in the industry(who can make the fastest marker) was exciting - until kids(and adults too- i'm in my mid-thirtees) realized it meant more money for paint, more bruises, and more unsportsman-like conduct. i'm still keeping my pumps because i'm hoping to get back into it someday. i did like that pump paintball is making a comeback(mainly for economic reasons and tradition). i noticed that tippmann is re-releasing the sl-68II(my first marker) :happy:
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

yeah thats one of the main reasons i went with pump cheaper to run c02 and you use a bag of paint a month lol

i had dealer accounts with phantom so i had him build me his an hers vertical feeds with the fixed stocks. and i made a custom hanger for a 9oz tank that was the same length as the stock. so it was a nice tight perfectly ballanced gun. I wish i still had pictures kickingaround i'll have to look

i liked rocking a hopper I was able to use a vert feed clamp ring around the hopper feed to secure it right to the body. worked awesome.

pump is definitely where its at. its how it started and how everyone fell in love with the sport.

luckily i saw the downturn coming and sold my business before the economy sunk . got out at the right time :)
Old 10-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #11
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

sweet i found pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6109.jpg (53.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6086.jpg (68.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6108.jpg (52.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #12
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
great looking markers!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Last time i paintballed. Was the last time i paintballed. I had to use the crappy rental ones. And then since i was in the newbie area they turn down the power of the gun. So when you shoot it actually curves. It had no accuracy at all.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #14
Mateo

Drives: Blazing blue 08 LB
those are some epic pumps, I never had a chance to play with a pump but always wanted too.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote