Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #19
YarisFan007

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaerinRhoe View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]It would seem that Home Sweet

I thank the Lord for keeping me safe!
+1

Sorry to hear about your Yaris... Glad to see you're still here : )

-->Matthew 6:19-21<--
YarisFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:33 PM   #20
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
I worry about the same happening to Sprocket, I will roll it out of the driveway and into the street in front of our house when I need to get my Jeep out of the garage. The folks across the street drive a huge pickup and I fear they'll not be looking for my car when they back out of their garage. I think if this happened to my Yaris, I would be sick to my stomach!

Oh, and I had a Yaris rental in Tampa when I was down there for work. It was a sedan and before I got my car, I picked it up at the airport and was able to take any car in the subcompact lot. There was only the one Yaris in the back corner (they must be pretty popular) so I snagged it. That was my "test drive" and I really liked the car a lot. A month or so later, I had one myself (but a LB)...
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:49 PM   #21
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
There's an Enterprise office at this body shop so I'll be going there.

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #22
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Glad no one was hurt, and that insurance is taking care of everything.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #23
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

So, I called the lady's insurance company at 7:30am this morning (Monday) to arrange for a tow truck to come get my car and take it to the body shop. They tell me it'll be about an hour for one to get there. An hour and a half passes and nobody shows up or calls. I call the tow truck driver with the number provided by the insurance company and he tells me that he had a flat tire and had to wait for someone to come and change it.

The tow truck finally shows up at my house at 10:15 and the guy loading it didn't seem too concerned with only strapping the car down on one side. I asked him about it and he was all "sure, sure, will be fine, just follow, will be fine" and I'm thinking bad things will happen. As he's driving and I'm following behind him, I notice that the chain holding the front of the car keeps going slack every time he goes over a bump. I start thinking more bad things about what he's doing to my suspension.

We get to the body shop, he unloads the car, I go in and get all the paperwork started and go over to the Enterprise location. Now remember, this was called in on Saturday afternoon. I also called the rental agency this morning (Monday) to make sure they'd have a car for me. Well, they have no car for me. They might be able to find one by about 12:30 or so but I'm out of luck until then.

Then my luck changes and a guy comes in to return a rental and pick up his personal car. It turns out that this is the exact 'class' of car that I need for what the insurance will pay for so I'm rolling a Mazda 3 while my car is in the shop.

I want my Yaris.

S.R.

Last edited by SaerinRhoe; 06-01-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #24
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

I talked to the guy at the body shop and he said the damage is all the way into the intrusion beams (no real surprise there) so they have to replace the entire door. All parts are coming from Toyota and I'm pleased about that. He said the door should arrive today and the glass might take until Friday to arrive so hopefully that means I'll have her back sometime next week.

S.R.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #25
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

YAY! I got my Yaris back today.

Everything is fixed except for 1 piece of interior trim that they somehow managed to mess up when they installed it. It looks like something sharp was pressing against the bottom of the trim piece and discolored it with stress marks.

They're ordering a new trim piece from Toyota so it should be here in a couple of days.

At this point, the repair and labor charged to the lady's insurance company is $2,068 and some change but it looks good, sounds good when opening and closing the door and it feels so darn good to have my Yaris back!

Wow, ok, sorry for that folks. I just got a little excited there.

I'll post pics as soon as I get back to the house tonight.

Y'all be safe now, ya hear?

S.R.

P.s. Gas mileage in the Mazda 3 averaged 27mpg for the tank (14.5g) and a half that I had it.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #26
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
I'm curious... If you credit "the Lord" with keeping you safe then who do you credit with allowing/causing your car to get hit?
would you rather he credit Obama? or Satan?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #27
manborn
are u still 34/39?

Drives: flint mica yaris s sedan
that's why i started parking in the driveway instead of the street
manborn is offline   Reply With Quote