Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #19
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Garm, they were trying to get your sticker. Stupid me, stuck it on the inside so they had to break my glass
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #20
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
I find that car thieves now atleast are somewhat kind as they break only a rear small piece glass thats the least expensive instead of like the drivers side one.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #21
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
well dude lets figure... Why would they break into an expensive car... that MORE THAN LIKELY.... has an expensive ass alarm and has much more security measures than our car.... And also.... People with expensive cars dont leave things out in the open.... And for the banana... it might of been a homeless guy who doesnt give a fuck about getting in trouble.. nothing to lose and hes hungry

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:24 AM   #22
texkid
The one with cheese on it

Drives: '10 Corolla S
Going to have to agree about the Banana-Homeless theory. One cop told me that while at a restaurant a bum purposely threw a rock into his patrol car just so he could get arrested, get shelter, and a warm meal. The cop told him, "will heck, couldn't you just tip over the trash can instead?"

As far as luxury vehicle thing. Yep, most of them don't leave stuff in view. However, there are few occasions where some ditz, blonde, trophy wife will leave her Louis Vuitton in the front seat of her <enter over-priced luxury car> while she goes in to the Starbucks.

Last edited by texkid; 06-05-2009 at 02:36 AM.
texkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #23
twowheels

Drives: '09 Meteorite Metallic 3 dr MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
i wonder why they won't take down the big window instead.

to OP: Yarii with power locks would not have unlocked by pressing the button. Security feature Toyota put to disable the unlock button once the door is closed.
I found that one out recently... had the Yaris parked in the garage with the windows open and wanted to open the back hatch... pushed the unlock button, but it wouldn't unlock until I opened the door -- I was surprised.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #24
The little red pill
Taking care of Bubbles

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB "Bubbles"
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
I find that car thieves now atleast are somewhat kind as they break only a rear small piece glass thats the least expensive instead of like the drivers side one.
Hate to give you the bad news, but theives don't give a cr*p about a car when they break into it. The small window makes the least amount of noise when breaking. Also due to the smaller surface area and tighter tension (less flex), they are easier to break with minimal effort = less noise.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #25
A-tron

Drives: Black hb
That sucks man. Just a pointless break in. Ppl piss me off.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #26
DefStarYaris

Drives: '08 Liftback and Mountain Bike
Send a message via AIM to DefStarYaris
I had the window itself replaced at an auto glass place and I'm gonna buy and install the weather strip myself later when I can afford it.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #27
YarisFan007

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris HB
Grrr! That makes me mad. I remember when some idiot broke into my sister's Nissan240sx by breaking the rear quarter window to pull the manual lock and stole her stereo.
So sorry to hear that happened to you DefStar, I hope karma comes back to those idiots and eventually get what they deserve.
Get fingerprints and maybe the police can make a match.
YarisFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #28
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
I'm sorry that happened ... that sucks. :(
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #29
msfire671
ONE LOVE...YARiS LOVE!!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Send a message via MSN to msfire671 Send a message via Yahoo to msfire671
yah i had one too...i had a nissan sentra...some idiot stole my sound system...but hey it was a piece a crap system anyway! and with guam's police...they're to damn lazy to do any finger printing...i had a nice quiksliver sticker and yup destroyed! hey def star did you happen to check out a junk yard? it would probably be cheaper.
msfire671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #30
Bombdotcom
I love my boyfriend

Drives: I ride in my boyfriend's Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Bombdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to Bombdotcom
aww, poor tiny window..
Bombdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:36 AM   #31
twowheels

Drives: '09 Meteorite Metallic 3 dr MT
I had a '68 Plymouth Satellite a long time ago that had those triangle wing windows that you could open. Some idiot used a pair of scissors to get in under the weather stripping and pry the locking lever open to get in. He stole one of my front speakers (mounted under the dash) by breaking a very difficult to replace plastic bit, broke my rear 6x9 speakers by grabbing the tweeter and mid portion and trying to pull them up through the top of the rear tray (idiot), and stole the stereo, but left behind the knobs and faceplate (not a removable faceplate, it was a long time ago when stereos had a thin plate that had all of the words printed on it)... he must have been interrupted because he left the passenger door open and left his scissors and other stuff behind. Cops didn't care. A week later a neighbor had her tank siphoned and they spent a long time talking to her about it -- guess she looked better than me {a guy}.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #32
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisFan007 View Post
Get fingerprints and maybe the police can make a match.
Most likely it would just be a waste of time because the probability of a match is very slim, and since nothing was stolen out of the car the potential charge would just be criminal damaging. The fine for that probably wouldn't cover the cost for the department to send the fingerprints to be analyzed so it would be a loss of money on their part, especially when businesses are cutting their budgets thin already.

Sorry to hear that someone tried to break into your car though Def Star
Greenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote