Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
kaymm

Drives: Yaris Liftback 3dr (Silver)
3dr liftbacks

I'm looking to get a 5spd manual. It has a tachometer right? How long did you guys wait when buying one? I heard there were long waits for one. I just want a base model with AC.
kaymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
jsurles

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymm
I'm looking to get a 5spd manual. It has a tachometer right? How long did you guys wait when buying one? I heard there were long waits for one. I just want a base model with AC.
You know, I bought my 3d LB witha 5 speed. I can't remember what all it had as far as 'packages', but I got the upgraded stereo, rims/tires, umm.. dunno what else.. I have manual windows and locks.. but I was shocked to find that I did NOT have a tachometer.. I didn't even ask about it (I had ordered it) because I figured every stick has a tach.. When I went to pick it up, it was a shocker to me.. actually, I didn't even notice really until the next day.. haha!

Anyway, if you want a tach, make sure it has it in there
jsurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
kaymm

you got it in Texas? From what I read, the US models don't have a tach for some odd reason. Where as I heard that the Canadian one has them. I'll have to go check one out soon.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #4
BensVitz

Drives: 2001 Mazda P/U
No tachs in the liftback... only the sedan.

Ben
BensVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
kaymm

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs
All Canadian Liftbacks (Hatchbacks...) Have a Tachometer Standard. Period.
Yes, that's great. wonder why they changed it for the US? And is this a digital tach?

According to this article, it mentions a tach. And on toyota.ca, it mentions a tach too. I just wanna know for sure. I have to see for my self when I go for a test drive.

http://www.autonet.ca/Spotlight/Test...7/1414613.html

"There was one big problem with the interior though. Just like the Echo, the tachometer, speedometer and fuel readout sit in a central cluster above the instrument panel. It's a great idea that takes little time to get used to and makes for safer driving (as your eyes aren't leaving the road so much), but in the Yaris, the gauges all face straight back, whereas in the Echo, they were tilted toward the driver (makes sense, right?). It was sometimes difficult to see precisely how fast I was going in the Yaris. It's a little thing, yes, but it's the little things that set these little cars apart.?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #6
kaymm

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs
No it is Optitron Analog...European/Aussie models get digital...
Even better, I'm not a fan of digial tachs. but even if it was digi, it's better than nothing.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Yarisseller

Drives: A lot full of new Yaris's
waiting list on a three door

Hey just noticed your post... Three doors are quite hard to get cause no one is ordering them....Live in winnipeg by chance?
Yarisseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #8
Yarisseller

Drives: A lot full of new Yaris's
They also all come with Tachs.....
Yarisseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #9
kaymm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarisseller
Hey just noticed your post... Three doors are quite hard to get cause no one is ordering them....Live in winnipeg by chance?
no in bc. yeah I don't see to many 3drs here.. I see a ton of 5 drs.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:03 PM   #10
riceboy

Drives: icebox
I got one.. it took about a month.... you may be able to find one incoming... but 3 dr and no ac... g/l... I don't think many dealers would have ordered it in that particular configuration... and if you're lucky enough to find one, you'll probably have a hard time getting the color you want... the only real option is to put money down and have them order one and have it built for you... the only problem is that this could take maybe 6mths????
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:42 PM   #11
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymm
no in bc. yeah I don't see to many 3drs here.. I see a ton of 5 drs.

We're just substandard here, we get Bush, no tachs, diesels or 5 doors.....oh and we get none of the substandard medicines sold in Canada (tongue in cheek)
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote