Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-12-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
YarisBueller
Administrator

2007 Yaris Pricing Info !

Toyota Motor Sales, USA is excited to announce pricing for the all-new 2007MY Yaris Sedan and Yaris Liftback. Pricing will be made available to the public in conjunction with the Yaris debut at the 2006 Greater Los Angeles Auto Show on January 4th, 2006.

As Toyota’s most affordable passenger car, the Yaris will feature contemporary exterior styling and an upscale interior. It will be one of the most economic and youthful passenger cars Toyota has ever offered in the subcompact category. With surprising design, astonishing value, Toyota quality, and good handling and maneuverability, the Yaris will be a smart choice.

In keeping with our heritage of offering outstanding value along with legendary Toyota quality and reliability, Yaris pricing will start at:

Model # Vehicle Transmission MSRP
1421 Liftback M/T $10,950
1422 Liftback A/T $11,850
1441 Sedan M/T $11,825
1442 Sedan A/T $12,550
1451 Sedan S grade M/T $13,325
1452 Sedan S grade A/T $14,050

By mixing an affordable price with a fun and upscale image the Yaris will be separated from the competition and become the car of choice for practical and intelligent consumers. The debut of the unique Yaris Sedan, the sporty, stylish Sedan S grade, and the distinctive easy-to-drive Liftback will make a big splash into the Entry Subcompact segment.

2007MY Yaris Standard Equipment Highlights
The all-new Yaris Sedan and Liftback offer outstanding value with a high level of standard equipment unmatched by the competition. The standard equipment includes:

Air conditioning
Advanced driver and front passenger airbags
Electronic power steering with tilt steering wheel
Color-keyed mirrors, bumpers, and door handles
Driver and front passenger vanity mirrors
Extensive storage compartments including front and rear cup holders, front side pockets, a driver under tray, a console box, and map pockets
P175/65 R14 tires on steel wheels with full wheel covers

The Yaris S is designed to appeal to buyers looking for a four-door with sportier styling. The S grade will offer all of the standard equipment listed above, plus an impressive array of additional standard equipment including:

Front and rear under bumper spoilers
Side rocker panels
Unique S badge
AM/FM/CD with MP3 capability and a mini-jack port
60/40 split fold down rear seat with fold-down center armrest and cup holder
P185/60 R15 tires on steel wheels with full wheel covers
Rear defroster

Powering all Yaris models will be a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) that will have impressive fuel economy. Mated to either a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission with gated shifter, the engine will produce 106 horsepower and 103 ft.-lb. of torque. EPA fuel efficiency ratings for Yaris will lead key competitors at a very impressive 34 miles per gallon in the city and 40 miles per gallon on the highway.

The Yaris Competitive Advantage
The Yaris Sedan, S Sedan, and Liftback all offer outstanding pricing and value versus key competitors. The Yaris Liftback with the Power Package versus a similarly equipped Aveo LT Hatchback has a $925 MSRP advantage. The Yaris Sedan versus the 06MY Kia Rio LX Sedan has a $745 MSRP advantage. And we have more comfort and convenience features!

The base grade Ford Focus ZX3 Hatchback with manual transmission has an MSRP of $13,450 without air conditioning. Our Yaris Liftback with manual transmission is exceptionally priced at $10,950 with standard air conditioning. The difference is an amazing $2,500 competitive advantage!

Hyundai Accent GLS MSRP is $13,305 for their base car, while our Yaris Sedan customers will enjoy an MSRP of only $12,550. And the Hyundai Accent does not have standard air conditioning!

With Toyota’s reputation for high quality and reliability the competitive advantage is clear.

2007MY Yaris Optional Equipment Highlights
Enhancing the overall Yaris driving appeal, impressive value-added optional equipment packages are available. Yaris options include a Convenience package that adds a AM/FM/CD with MP3 capability with audio mini-jack, a rear window defogger, 15-inch steel wheels with full wheel covers, 60/40 split fold down rear seat with fold-down center armrest and cup holder (Sedan only) and a rear wiper (Liftback only). This package is “conveniently” standard on the Sedan S grade.

With the Yaris Power package, drivers and passengers will enjoy power locks, windows and mirrors plus all the equipment in the convenience package. For the Sedan, it also includes a tachometer, upgraded trim with integrated audio, cruise control, and ABS. For the Liftback, it adds a 60/40-split rear seat that slides, reclines and folds completely flat.

Vehicle Transmission MSRP*
Liftback Convenience Package M/T & A/T $ 630
Liftback Power Package** M/T & A/T $ 1,290
Sedan Convenience Package M/T & A/T $ 750
Sedan or Sedan S Power Package** M/T $ 1,710
Sedan or Sedan S Power Package** A/T $ 1,785
*Dealer margins for the above packages will be 10%
**Power package price above includes required 15” steel wheel upgrade (Accessory SV)

In addition to the packages listed above, the Yaris will also offer optional seat-mounted side and front and rear side curtain airbags, anti-lock brakes, 15” alloy wheels, rear spoiler, fog lamps, and keyless entry.
YarisBueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
I know this has been brought up. But there seems to be no radio with the standard features. Or is that so standard they don't have to include it.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
There are 3 radio options. 1 of them is 4 speakers without a radio. 1 of them is a standard CD player. The 3rd is the cd/mp3 player.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
There are 3 radio options. 1 of them is 4 speakers without a radio. 1 of them is a standard CD player. The 3rd is the cd/mp3 player.
Is the radio a standard or optional equipment. I'm planning on getting sirius or XM satellite radio system anyway.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:23 PM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

The radio/cd player is what is standard. The 4 speakers with no radio seems to be a no cost option type of thing.
Check this thread for specifics.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16
Old 01-31-2006, 11:40 PM   #6
flash

Drives: 95 Corolla 275K, 01 Corolla LE
so with the MP3 audio mini-jack, once the iPod is plugged in are you still navigating on the iPod or with the radio? Not that it makes a huge difference, plugging in will sound a whole lot better than an FM transmitter...
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #7
yarisnewfrontier

Drives: silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash
so with the MP3 audio mini-jack, once the iPod is plugged in are you still navigating on the iPod or with the radio? Not that it makes a huge difference, plugging in will sound a whole lot better than an FM transmitter...
Once you plug an iPod into the Aux Jack ...........You must still use the iPod to navigate...........The Aux Jack just lets you utilize the car speaker system......

Welcome...........
yarisnewfrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #8
flash

Drives: 95 Corolla 275K, 01 Corolla LE
still beats the transmitter... thanks! can't wait!! I know there's a few out there... maybe bmw, that navigate via radio
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Yes a few automakers are starting to add it, BMW being the first, and it is available in a honda model or 2.

It is also available in some aftermarket radios, but that can obviously get very expensive.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #10
yarisnewfrontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash
still beats the transmitter... thanks! can't wait!! I know there's a few out there... maybe bmw, that navigate via radio
You're welcome
Old 02-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #11
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel
so...
a fully loaded M/T liftback should be about...
13000 US dollars...?
correct me if i am wrong...
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #12
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhcchen
so...
a fully loaded M/T liftback should be about...
13000 US dollars...?
correct me if i am wrong...
The base price for the hatchback manual is 10,950 and the auto is 11,850.
Add the convience package which is 630.00 and the power package which is 1,290.00 you have how much a loaded hatchback will cost. I guess you have to have the convience package to get the power package so you have to add the two together.

Plus the destination charge. Which is 540.00 here in montana.(which is nothing but a kick back of money to someone).

So hatchback with manual fully loaded would be 13,410.00 u.s. dollars

And the hatchback with auto fully loaded would be 14,310.00 u.s. dollars

Last edited by foober; 02-09-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #13
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

You alse need to add the destination charge as well, which is usually around $500.

Ok, Toyota calls it a process and handling fee, and it is $580.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #14
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
You alse need to add the destination charge as well, which is usually around $500.

Ok, Toyota calls it a process and handling fee, and it is $580.
Right, I just remembered that on my jog after I posted my post above. THanks for reminding me.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:24 PM   #15
tifosi360

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
So, it would go like this: $10950+580/ dest. charge. $1290 for Power Package...Does this include the Convenience Package? Or, that is an extra $630? If that is the case...this little car become quite expensive. 10950+580+1290+630+300 (ABS)+630 (Side Airbags)=14380 for a fully loaded Yaris Liftback. That is Honda Civic territory. I just hope there will be wiggle room for the pricing. I am curious to see if you'd be able to get this car at invoice after a few months.
tifosi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #16
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi360
So, it would go like this: $10950+580/ dest. charge. $1290 for Power Package...Does this include the Convenience Package? Or, that is an extra $630? If that is the case...this little car become quite expensive. 10950+580+1290+630+300 (ABS)+630 (Side Airbags)=14380 for a fully loaded Yaris Liftback. That is Honda Civic territory. I just hope there will be wiggle room for the pricing. I am curious to see if you'd be able to get this car at invoice after a few months.
A valid point here i.e. if the Yaris is priced just a little bit higher than it should be, it will venture into the Civic's territory. It is tightrope walking.

Last edited by swng; 02-10-2006 at 09:03 PM.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #17
yarisnewfrontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
A valid point here i.e. if the Yaris is priced just a little bit higher than it should be, it will venture into the Civic's territory. It is tightrope walking.

But wait a minute..... you are talking about a hybrid car that gets up to 40 mpg.... they are asking twice that for a Prius and it only gets 20 more mpg... and it has been the biggest selling vehicle in Europe for four years.... if it gets anywhere Near that in the States- invoice is a long way off unless someone's not doing their job....
Old 02-15-2006, 07:33 AM   #18
nwdixieboy

Drives: ecoh
Any idea what the power package costs extra with power doors, windows, cruise control?
nwdixieboy is offline   Reply With Quote