Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2023, 06:04 PM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Skinheads curse me out and throw a beer bottle at me

Just this past weekend I drove my Lexus IS250 C to Cobleskill again. Yesterday I was coming home on I 87 which goes from Albany to New York City at about six or seven in the morning. There is very little traffic on that day at that time. I had the top down and was cruising at about 65 miles an hour.

A beat up Mustang passed me doing about 75. They were four people in it and with the windows down they all yelled “FUCK YOU!“ As they Passed. This was followed by a beer bottle thrown in my direction which missed by about 20 feet.

Old 05-16-2023, 10:32 AM   #2
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
thankyou for reminding me why i love the wet coast
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 12:02 PM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
This isn’t my only run in with skinheads. In 95 I rode my bicycle from Philadelphia to Cooperstown New York. Just north of New York City for skinheads in a jeep passed me going in the opposite direction. They cursed at me too. And in the rearview mirror that hangs on my glasses I saw them do a 180 to come back after me! I had a mountain bike so it was no big Deal to go straight down an embankment the jeep couldn’t follow. Even if they could have I was able to get out of sight very quickly just in case. Sunday morning there was no one on the road if they wanted to make trouble I’m not sure I would’ve got out of that.

You of course had better hope there’s no tsunami and that Mount Saint Helens behaves itself!

How about earthquakes? If California falls into the ocean, would that affect you?
Old 05-17-2023, 12:46 PM   #4
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
screw cali, and i dont consider it part of the "wet coast"..well maybe the north 50 miles or so..once the giant redwoods stop its not the wet coast LOL

as far as helens...i was little but fondly remember climbing onto the roof of the garage to watch the show....and then spent a month playing in the ash..it behaved much like ultra fine sand..you could even make sand castle out of it pretty easily

also, being just on the other side of the coast range tsunamis arnt an issue.....mt hood would be a bigger concern but as its been said before, helens is now a perminant "vent" for most of the cascade mountans
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 10:57 AM   #5
"A"
Get rollin'

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
I commute between Hoboken & Coney Island, Brooklyn; I ride my bicycles, ebike, scooter, motorcycles, drive, I ride the subways, sometimes even take the ferry boat.
I've been doing the same commute for close to 10 years, have yet to meet a "skinhead" in NYC metro.
Maybe it's because I stay clear of NYC metro for weekends.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote