Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
bairjo

Landfill Semi Truck 1 Yaris 0

Well yesterday was not a good day for the Yaris. Feeling all good about myself on the way to work on I77 south when bam! I knew one of these days it would happen, but I was hoping not today. One of those semi trucks hauling out of state trash to one of our wonderful landfill tourist attractions lost crap out of the back of trailer due to its unsecured tarp. I had no choice but to run straight over one of those plastic corrugated drainage pipes as it bounce down the freeway. The thing was about 6 or 7 feet long and ended up lodged under my car and stuck in front of the rear wheels. You could imagine the noise as it was dragging on the road and tires at the same time. I had a hell of a time pulling out from under the car. The Yaris is in the shop now....front bumper cover, wheel wells and that flimsy plastic cover under the engine or shot. At least that's what I could see, waiting for the shop to call back with their prognoses of anything I didn't see. Landfill truck....long gone.

The thing I really want you all to take away from reading my thread is this. My insurance adjuster informed me that I had $500 deductible and I being dumb did not question it. However, my wife spoke to a friend who is a State trooper and he told her we better double check what the adjuster was saying. Turns out he was right. The insurance rep was trying to pull one over saying it was a collision claim, when it was actually a comprehensive claim....only $100 deductible. The dude tried to say he misunderstood me on the phone...Bullshit. So if you ever hit something that is bouncing down the road like I did....remember it is not a collision claim. That trooper saved us $400...
Until I get my Yaris back I'm driving a fully loaded Fusion rental....nice car.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Interesting and thanks for posting that information!
Old 11-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Thanks for the tip!
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Of course you should send the bill to the state.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
bairjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Of course you should send the bill to the state.
Well I'm not sure I understand why the state would pay for this...please explain a little more your last post.....I am interested.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote