Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
nimuntak
Nikki Alanna

Drives: 08 Meteorite Metallic Hatch
Build thread! '08 Yaris Hatch

Hi, I bought this car back in December of 2011. When I bought it one thing ran through my mind.. how am I going to modify this thing so it looks like mine. Me being a girl afterall needed to add few girly touches to this car; not that the car doesn't look girly enough overall, but I wanted to make it stand out.
It's been fun with this little thing. Here are a few photos I have taken for my build journey!

Okay, enough of the boring stock photos of my car, here are the mods I started doing (in order of modifications!)

I like the look of badge-less hatches, so I simply removed the 'yaris' and 'toyota' to give it a cleaner look.

Wheels in my opinion are the most important part to a car. They enhance the overall look. I decided to go with some Axis OG Sakuras (in pink of course). 'Sakura' in Japanese means cherry blossom. The center face of the wheel resembles a blossom figure. Wheel size is the standard OG Axis size, 15/8. This was the day I brought my little blossoms home!

The lovely gents at Urban X mounted my wheels for me. I chose at 195/45 for the wheel to give it a bit of stretch.

I decided to go with the JDM Yaris badge. The 'Vitz' logo is more aggressive and adds a slight uniqueness to the appearance of the front end.

Since my model doesn't come factory with fogs, I thought i'd buy a set and install them. Also, adding a more aggressive look to the front end.

It was a difficult decision to whether I should order lowering springs, or coil overs. I tossed the choices back and fourth. I put in an order for Tein S-tech springs, but after short realization I noticed it might not drop my car as much as I'd hope it would. I cancelled that order and instead I ordered Tein Street Basis coil overs to give me the option to adjust the ride height and have a stiffer suspension so there is less body roll.

Here's a picture of the day my coil overs were installed.

Hours later after coils were installed... wheels went on!

The final mod I have recently just added was the tiny lip added onto the front bumper.

And finally after all of these pieces put together, heres a shot of the way it's looking today!

Hope you enjoy my photographic journey!

- N

Last edited by nimuntak; 05-13-2012 at 08:00 PM.
nimuntak is offline   Reply With Quote