Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #19
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Flat-out, Chino is right. If you're racing anywhere raw top speed matters? Go get the top-end manifold. Don't waste yours or Richards or my time signing up here for the mid-range. The mid-range intake is (at best) useful if you're playing around in areas where your speed will vary between 20-55mph constantly so you can avoid downshifting to 1st all the time and your RPM's simply can't be guaranteed to stay high enough to benefit from the top-end intake.

Once again, it has nothing to offer at the top-end compared to the top-end-optimized intake. And again, at best this can be thought of as useful for playing around in overly-tight canyon's or extremely twisty courses in parking lots. My use and situation is far more specific than the general 'more peak performance please!' group that the vast majority can happilly fall under.

Not drag racing.

Not 1/4 miles.

Not stoplight-challenges.

Not actual track days.

If you're looking for any of those? Go grab the top-end version. Yes, I'm honest that my prefered intake may not get made, but I want everyone to be happy with what they get rather than make people unhappy just so I can get my relatively custom-purpose part cheaper. I'm a niche, I'm hoping there's enough to justify a production-run for the niche I'm in, but I'm okay if it turns out there's not enough to justify it.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #20
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
im still in for this one
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #21
kou

Drives: 08 lb
i hope they both get made.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #22
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
interested but strapped for cash right now lookin into December before i have the funds. I am not racing my car i just want a more peppy feel to it thats why i opt for this one. there is no where in my town that i can really open up the engine to rev up past 4k and then wat... slow down so i dont get pulled over. pff
I am not taking my car so i can race honda fits or any of that mess. When i step on the gas i want to feel it without my car roaring past 5k for the whole world to hear. All these mods i am doing is to suit MY driving style and for MY enjoyment. those that feel that this intake will suit them best jump on it so we can get it made :)

P.S too lazy to punctuate.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #23
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
so, some people are switching if TEN want the mid-range version?

After Richard is in the production cycle for the top end version for at least ten?

What if there aren't ten people left for the top end version then?
Isn't that a little out of integrity for our commitment to the producer?

Just trying to make sense of it -- help me out.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #24
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
so, some people are switching if TEN want the mid-range version?

After Richard is in the production cycle for the top end version for at least ten?

What if there aren't ten people left for the top end version then?
Isn't that a little out of integrity for our commitment to the producer?

Just trying to make sense of it -- help me out.
I'm monitoring both lists. So far there's 13 signed up for the top-end model, 2 of which may switch to the mid-range model. One more could switch without impacting the 10-count for the top-end model. If any more try to switch, they'll have to find someone to take their slot on the top-end model before I'll add them to the mid-range model, unless Richard wants me to handle it some other way. That's also why I put big, massive red flags saying who was also signed up for the top-end model and may switch. As I said just above, I'd rather my model not get made than screw anyone over.

I'll update my first post with this information so it's more obvious I'm really not wanting to screw over Richard or anyone else here. He said to make a list of those interested in the mid-range model, so I am. :-)
Old 11-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #25
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
yah. kinda lame if the guys bail out on the top end. but I guess richard will have to sort this mess out.

for the record, i'm still on the high end! heck yah!
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #26
pinoypizzaboy

Drives: 08 toyota yaris LB
I just hope Richard doesn't stop production because of switchers. I also want this manifold but already signed up for the other 1. Cmon now guys
pinoypizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #27
ZING

Drives: Yaris '09,GTi '09, BMW 3.30ci
The top end doesnt work on the 1.3L, does this one?
ZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #28
bdc87
HISTORY REPEATED 11/04/08

Drives: 07' MM Vitz LB
Send a message via AIM to bdc87
Well I would need to see the two dynos before I've made my mind up, could we get that?
bdc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #29
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoypizzaboy View Post
I just hope Richard doesn't stop production because of switchers. I also want this manifold but already signed up for the other 1. Cmon now guys
i highly doubt he'll stop production of the high end. that is what was decided first. even if the two guys bail, we'd have 11 people on the high end list. and i am sure there are 2 other people out there that would want the extra two if they were to be made.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #30
kou

i will on your midrange.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #31
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
I think that once you guys get your high-end intakes in AND dyno your cars for proof, none of this "it feels more powerful" stuff, more lurkers will come forward asking if they can buy one.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #32
PETERPOOP

well they continue to be lurkers because i ain't paying no money for a dyno! i will FEEL the power! muaha
Old 11-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #33
kou

video is probally all you will get from me.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #34
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
The top end doesnt work on the 1.3L, does this one?
No - it's almost exactly the same design.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #35
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
No - it's almost exactly the same design.

That's right. And even if it fits, you probably don't want this...

The manifold was designed and tuned for an SPECIFIC engine the 1.5L 1NZ

So, even if the manifold fits on the 1.3 (which I suspect it will) the performance of the unit on that engine is a complete unknown. It will be an expensive risk to take imho.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #36
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I don't know why the two dyno charts can't be re-posted -- they were up before.