Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
clutch engagement : seat position ...

for us who have a hard time with the clutch . I've found that the seat positon helps with the engagement . Those who are around 5 foot 9 inches tall may find that sliding the drivers seat all the way back and then moving it forward 2 clicks makes for better clutch pedal engagement . Has anyone experienced this ? If not , give it a try and let us know the results .

Last edited by gid; 12-17-2008 at 07:12 PM.
gid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
Rich k

Drives: 07 3dr white Yaris 5spd stock
Send a message via AIM to Rich k
I'm 6'-0" and i've tried the seat every which way. 1 click from the back is waaaaay to far back for me, i never feel like i am close enough to any of the controlls to operate them from back there. I sit straight up and maybee 2 or 3 clicks back (i should know this by now). I'm basically pressing down on the clutch pedal rather than pushing it forward. I'm sure this position would drive some people crazy if they tried it, just like beeing way back drives me crazy. Its funny if i go one click further back than i normally am i feel like i have to really go thru a lot of extra effort and concintrate on extending the leg and toes to get the clutch engaged. I know that the extra 1" further away couldn't make that much of a difference, though it feels like it.
Rich k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
I haven't had an engagement issue since installing the TRD exhaust. It's much easier to feather the clutch when you can actually hear some engine noise.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote