Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
luckydlb

Drives: 3dr Black Yaris Liftback
installing new speakers...bracket question

will these brackets fit both 5 1/4" and the 6 1/2" speakers?

i know im dumb...lol..
luckydlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
In a liftback, 6.5" (front) and 5.25" (rear) speakers come stock... I think. Double check those sizes, but at any rate, you can cram larger speakers in the rear or smaller in the front if you just make a spacer for them. John (bigsky2) wrote the tutorial on speaker brackets. Its in the manual.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
luckydlb

Drives: 3dr Black Yaris Liftback
well i was wondering if those brackets are a one size fits all...or u have to buy specific ones for each different size speaker......im installing new speaker.
luckydlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
the spacers/brackets are one size fits all for each specific size of speaker, in other words a 6.5" spacer will fit almost all 6.5" speakers.

be prepared to do some "jimmy rigging" on your front speakers. on my 07 sedan they were 6.5", however, the speakers are held in a plastic housing and riveted to the door panel. you will need to get at least a half inch spacer plate so the speakers dont hit the window and you will have to drill your own mounting holes.

i recommend putting dynomat directly behind the speakers in the door and using dynomat around the spacer plate so its air tight, just fog the dynomat with some black spraypaint so it doesnt stand out once the door panels are back on. it will sound good and look stock to keep theives away from your car.