Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #37
dlinkwit27

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdium View Post
As in it says, it's written on the damn thing. On the seat, the A pillar, and the steering wheel...

I can take pics so you can see what I mean if you want...

As for my concern for others, see the comment about removing safety equipment being population control...
If you are talking about the manual, it's full of shit. I read the same thing, and went to talk to my dealer to ask about it because i thought I could get a better deal on my insurance, and it turns out that the LB, even package B, does not come with side impact airbags. It only has the Driver and Passenger front impact airbags.

Also, for those worried about the force of the airbag deploying, and how they can be used for fun to jettison things into the air, you should rather worry if you do not. They deploy with such force in order to inflate in the milliseconds that exist before you come into contact with the steering wheel. It's effect is simple physics

Force = mass * acceleration
and
acceleration = change in velocity / change in time

it is easy to see then that by increasing the time it takes for your body to go from (let's say) 35 mph (~56 Kmh) you decrease the acceleration, which in turn, reduces the amount of force that your body experiences.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #38
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
Just hit up Francis or Logan at Aspec, they sell them for ~ $5 (same people you got the e-brake knob from) They can mail it to you on Monday.

(626) 618-1100
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:23 AM   #39
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
i'm sort of lost on the aspec site because every time i click on the hub adapters it says "coming soon"
Old 07-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #40
03Z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
i'm sort of lost on the aspec site because every time i click on the hub adapters it says "coming soon"
Just give them a call on Monday. They don't always update the website but they usually have plenty of the Yaris hubs in stock (same as Scion/Corolla).
Old 07-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #41
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
your last concern is for -others- safety, you just like to come in here and crawl up people's ass every time you make a post

if you think that was ridicule then I think you should look up the definition of that word, I'm just stating the obvious

you're a shit starter and you have been from day one, guess we have to have a few of those

you even refer to yourself as Mr. Attitude
Mr Attitude was given to me by Red Yaris, originally it said 'Everybody Wants to be Me'

If I'm crawling up your ass, you might need to clinch it tighter. I'm not intentionally doing it. I was responding to a couple posts from people that feel that an airbag is more dangerous than not having one. I have an inside perspective because my girlfriend it a paramedic who sees bad stuff daily, and she thinks airbags are lifesavers (not the candy). I'll believe her...
Old 07-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #42
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinkwit27 View Post
If you are talking about the manual, it's full of shit. I read the same thing, and went to talk to my dealer to ask about it because i thought I could get a better deal on my insurance, and it turns out that the LB, even package B, does not come with side impact airbags. It only has the Driver and Passenger front impact airbags.
Here's where I'm confused I guess. The options list says seat mounted side curtain airbags. My front seats have lil tags hanging off of them that say airbag equipped or something like that. But I didn't get the full safety package, no antilock or power options. Is that tag lying to me? Or is there a different safety feature set available in the North West?
Old 07-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #43
yrsdrgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33 View Post
Just give them a call on Monday. They don't always update the website but they usually have plenty of the Yaris hubs in stock (same as Scion/Corolla).
alright. how about the quick release? are those universal or is there one specific for the yaris? I'll probably call them up for a price quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #44
03Z33

Quick release is universal. They have two types of hubs, normal and short. The short is better fittment for me with the quick release and a 30mm dished steering wheel.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #45
yrsdrgn

the short hub and quick release makes the steering colum longer than the stock length for the driver right? cuz i just want it to be a little closer to me when i'm driving so i dont have to shove my seat so close to it.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #46
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
What's the point of this mod again? Decreased looks, decreased safety, or just to spend money...
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #47
yrsdrgn

iono how it decreases the look of the car if you drop in racing seats and other stuff into it. decreased safety maybe but i doubt it...spend money....depends. that's just my opinion
Old 07-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #48
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
What's the point of this mod again? Decreased looks, decreased safety, or just to spend money...
The steering wheel in this car has a cheaper feel than any other car I have ever driven. I ordered a wheelskins leather cover for mine. I hope it turns out looking a little nicer and feeling a bit better.

I'm really jealous of my friend's matrix the steering wheel is great in that car.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #49
yrsdrgn

or you can go and get a steeringwheel hub adapter, a quick release and a steering wheel brickhardmeat. that'll make your matrix buddy jealous hehe...unless he laughs at you and the fact that you don't have an airbag
Old 07-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #50
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
or you can go and get a steeringwheel hub adapter, a quick release and a steering wheel brickhardmeat. that'll make your matrix buddy jealous hehe...unless he laughs at you and the fact that you don't have an airbag

haha, I have looked at some really nice steering wheels and settled for the wheelskins for now to keep the airbags, I ordered it friday and it looks to be pretty nice, I hope it comes out looking "finished"

I ordered it friday so hopefully I get it and have it on soon, if I'm not pleased with the look and feel I'll probably go aftermarket
Old 07-15-2007, 08:49 PM   #51
yrsdrgn

hehe then we'll wait for friday for your final decision =P
Old 07-16-2007, 02:26 AM   #52
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
how did u remove ur steering wheel?
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 AM   #53
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona54 View Post
I wonder what your insurance company will think if they become aware that you have disabled or worse removed the airbag. And, will they cover you in case of an accident.

Somehow, I think you could be in for a mess of trouble.

Sorry, but what's up with some of you guys... wanting to disable DRL's and airbags?!
As hard as the headlight bulbs are to get to I quickly disabled my DRLs. They are not neccessary in my opinion. Just Toyota reacting to government overregulation. I dont need headlights on in broad daylight.

As for the airbag Im not touching it. Its the only protection you'll ever have in a frontal collision.

Here's the last Yaris owner that removed his airbag. Im not into this fashion statement.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #54
yrsdrgn

That's why it's good for show cars. normal daily driven cars with aftermarket steering wheels must take caution but hey, it's a risk many are willing to take and that's why it's one of the last mods on my list.