Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2015, 02:59 AM   #1
!yaris!

Drives: '07 Toyota Yaris 4 door
TRD cold air intake question.

Does anyone know why Toyota put a stop sale on their TRD cold air intake, part #PTR03-52070? I finally got my car paid off and have some extra cash to get those parts I wanted and now they (dealership) say I can't get it because of a stop sale. When I asked why they (dealership) couldn't tell me. So I tracked 1 down but now they say they wouldn't even install it because of the stop sale.
!yaris! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Don't know.. Is there a reason why you want the TRD version? The AEM is cheaper... just a thought..

The dealership does not have to put it on. Any shop can put on a CAI, you probably can with a 10mm socket, flat head and Phillips screwdriver. Its really easy.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #3
2009Toyotoad

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
If that the one with the bypass filter inline, I've got a question on that. I bought what must have been a demo on E-bay last year. but It didn't come with the sleeve for the throttle body connection. What size coupler/sleeve do I need and where do I find one. Darn this is still sitting in the box.

BTW, I don't know If I can after your question but TRDsource.com has a new style CAI on there website. looks very plastic but you may want to check it out, If TRD is what you really want.
2009Toyotoad is offline   Reply With Quote