Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #55
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
you didn't hook it up right.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #56
JustDidIt

Drives: '08G2T Prius
Anyone have anymore input on this device? Know if anyone has tried this with the 1NZ-FXE?
JustDidIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:37 PM   #57
Barneyncp93

Drives: Vios NCP 93
Camcon in fact is the best investment for vvt-i and i-vtec

For vvt-i and the like, a piggyback that can control cam timing is what you need.

Certainly, a piggyback is just a piggyback. It will help to maximize. Without changes/upgrades, the best you can do with it is to play with AFR.
But for vvti, when you upgrade any of parts relating to airflow, you need to change the cam timing to maximize it. The ignition timing wont help much.

Why cam timing needs to adapt to changes in flow? For non vvt-i (vvt or worse), for example, the cam timing around 6000RPM is the same as previous RPMs, say from 4000 RPM. The setting is not optimal since we know that the cam needs to retard bit by bit with higher RPMs, understanding the exhaust needs more time to expel out the gas so that the intake will flow okay.

However, in vvti, the initial/standard timing is almost perfect, so that we know the rpm 6000 has already less advance in cam timing than rpm 4000.

And when we upgrade the exhaust, the vvti needs more advance timing than the non vvti . Many people take off the intelligent system because they think it is better not to have the vvti!! They are correct if the timing can not be moved. The vvti will be an obstacle to the better flow especially on the RPMs most people talk about, peak HP RPMs.

But how about if you can move it?

I only have experience working with Camcon. (I am not a PE employee)
I have seen cars making 15-20% increase before and after camcon, but the exhaust needs to be so strong than standard. We know it is not because camcon has the magic. Camcon only opens the block caused by the wrong intake timing. So the better you have exhaust system the more you need Camcon (or other piggyback that has the same cam timing function).

You can go here to the link of dyno chart to see the stronger power only with the Catback ezhaust and the cam timing changes. (AFR is not utilized yet). The air filter is still standard.

https://www.facebook.com/HastaWS/pho...type=1&theater

or

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/att...1&d=1426303892
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vios camcon freeflow colletor.jpg (122.9 KB, 80 views)
Barneyncp93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:57 PM   #58
marion2

Drives: Yaris Sedan YRS
I do have a 2nz-fe on my Yaris Sedan here in the Philippines and I just want to clarify after I have upgraded my intake, headers and exhaust and use a Camcon by P.E. would there be a significant gain after we tune it or is this only applicable on a 1nz-fe engine?
marion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:33 AM   #59
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by marion2 View Post
I do have a 2nz-fe on my Yaris Sedan here in the Philippines and I just want to clarify after I have upgraded my intake, headers and exhaust and use a Camcon by P.E. would there be a significant gain after we tune it or is this only applicable on a 1nz-fe engine?
This will work fine with the 2NZ. Both motors are the same except for 200cc of displacement.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote