Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #37
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Got Mine. Can't wait to install. Hopefully this adds a little juice!!
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #38
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
I see that the Megan header comes with a new gasket (at least it's in the picture), does the DC?
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #39
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
The DC does not come with a gasket, but the Megan does!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #40
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
you can reuse the gasket just fine.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #41
Herbicidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
The DC does not come with a gasket, but the Megan does!
OK, so the DC header has free shipping (plus I would need to buy a gasket), the Megan does not have free shipping, so shipping and sales tax (uggh!) in CA. to 95747 for the Megan would be how much? Still trying to decide...

This may be an early b-day present to myself.

Thanks!
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #42
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicidal View Post
OK, so the DC header has free shipping (plus I would need to buy a gasket), the Megan does not have free shipping, so shipping and sales tax (uggh!) in CA. to 95747 for the Megan would be how much? Still trying to decide...

This may be an early b-day present to myself.

Thanks!
dc, hands down...
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #43
Herbicidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngrsll View Post
dc, hands down...
Got your vote marked in the DC column.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #44
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
the Megan does not have free shipping
sure it does!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #45
Herbicidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
sure it does!
Just look'n at your web site my brutha! Other items say "Free shipping" or "Free shipping on this item!", just not for the Megan header.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #46
bikegerm

Drives: 2007 Meteor LB
exhaust gasket

So do we or don't we need to purchase another exhaust gasket from toyota when we install the DC?
bikegerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #47
Herbicidal

I suspect that would be the correct course of action. The mating surfaces may be slightly different and it's probably cheap insurance against leaks.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #48
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Just look'n at your web site my brutha! Other items say "Free shipping" or "Free shipping on this item!", just not for the Megan header.
Well... if you bought it, you'd see there was free shipping on that too.

but I do thank you for the catch, I've added the extra text now!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #49
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I personally would never re-use a header gasket, but that's just me.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #50
Keith Tinari
Scrubble with a poke.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXDEMON View Post
Somewhat OT, but I have heard from a few people that headers can make your exhaust note cound like crap. Has anyone installed a header and noticed their exhaust sounding much more "ricey" ?
header design (UEL, EL) can change the tone an exhaust has, but in this case the only thing that would really change the sound of this car is overall pipe diameter and status of the catalytic converters. When the pipe diameters dont all match up together and bottle neck you get that ricey farting with helium in your butt sound, when you lose your cats you get a raspy tone and that sounds worse when you couple it with a exhaust with uneven pipe diameters. You should try and stick to the same diameter piping as much as possible to maintain a smoother flow.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #51
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Talk about a thread revival!

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #52
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kngrsll View Post
dc, hands down...
Agreed. You can tell just by the pics/design that the DC is a waaaay better header.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #53
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Tinari View Post
header design (UEL, EL) can change the tone an exhaust has, but in this case the only thing that would really change the sound of this car is overall pipe diameter and status of the catalytic converters. When the pipe diameters dont all match up together and bottle neck you get that ricey farting with helium in your butt sound, when you lose your cats you get a raspy tone and that sounds worse when you couple it with a exhaust with uneven pipe diameters. You should try and stick to the same diameter piping as much as possible to maintain a smoother flow.
That explains why so many hondas sound like crap Another question. Is anyone running this header with a nitto midpipe + axleback. I am afraid of dropping some torque due to lack of backpressure
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #54
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
if you don't mind spending the extra $100 then get the DC...

FYI, the yaris header is really tiny , the most you'd get out of it just a matter 1 or 2 hp gain perhaps from one brand to another ....

just my 0.2cent...
vten is offline   Reply With Quote