Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-20-2010, 01:27 AM   #37
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
The big reason for light penalties for drug dealing seems to be the fact that the market is so huge. If drugs were decriminalised, the profit to criminals would disappear, just like it did with alcohol so many years ago; why must we re-learn this lesson, at such great expense??

Legalize already.
Who cares what people do in their own homes.
Plus, we could really use the tax money.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #38
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Legalize already.
Who cares what people do in their own homes.
Plus, we could really use the tax money.
In their homes isn't an issue; behind the wheel, however, could be.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 AM   #39
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
In their homes isn't an issue; behind the wheel, however, could be.
Nobody said anything about driving.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #40
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitntodwnsize View Post
people like this should be well paid, for they have an important job, but i think $200k/yr should be the limit. how much money do people really need? as for the jet thing, that should be reserved for the president and other high security risk persons. others can fly 1st class and get driven in limos much much cheaper. why doesnt the idiot move to dc already? gah!
Agreed about the pay, she deserves it, and compared to the menial, D-average, law-breakers getting paid millions to travel/run with the ball and chirp their sneakers, playing games for a living, it's a real bargain.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #41
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Agreed about the pay, she deserves it, and compared to the menial, D-average, law-breakers getting paid millions to travel/run with the ball and chirp their sneakers, playing games for a living, it's a real bargain.

She is 3rd in command

if Obama and Biden cannot be president.

BIG responsibility. More than all of you combined can muster.

You think that being the 3rd most powerful person in the USA, is reason enough for her to get whatever access she needs to anything ? I think so.

After Obama, these are the most important people:

Order of Presidential Succession

* The Vice President Joseph Biden
* Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi
* President pro tempore of the Senate Robert Byrd
* Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
* Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner
* Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
* Attorney General Eric Holder
* Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar
* Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
* Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke
* Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis
* Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius
* Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan
* Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood
* Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu
* Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
* Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki
* Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #42
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
I don't know about that... I can muster quite a bit...
Old 01-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #43
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
She is 3rd in command

if Obama and Biden cannot be president.

You think that being the 3rd most powerful person in the USA, is reason enough for her to get whatever access she needs to anything ? I think so.

After Obama, these are the most important people:

Order of Presidential Succession

* The Vice President Joseph Biden
* Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi
* President pro tempore of the Senate Robert Byrd
* Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
* Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner
* Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
* Attorney General Eric Holder
* Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar
* Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
* Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke
* Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis
* Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius
* Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan
* Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood
* Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu
* Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
* Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki
* Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano

^^^I'm on that list.
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #44
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
I don't know about that... I can muster quite a bit...

Good one!!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #45
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
WND Exclusive OBAMA WATCH CENTRAL
Taxpayers pay $101,000 for Pelosi's in-flight 'food, booze'
Speaker's trips 'are more about partying than anything else'
Posted: January 29, 2010
12:20 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Part of the tab for alcoholic drinks on a congressional trip arranged by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

It reads like a dream order for a wild frat party: Maker's Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey's Irish Crème, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey … and Corona beer.

But that single receipt makes up just part of the more than $101,000 taxpayers paid for "in-flight services" – including food and liquor, for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's trips on Air Force jets over the last two years. That's almost $1,000 per week.

Documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by Judicial Watch, which investigates and prosecutes government corruption, show Pelosi incurred expenses of some $2.1 million for her use of Air Force jets for travel over that time.

"Speaker Pelosi has a history of wasting taxpayer funds with her boorish demands for military travel," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said today. "And these documents suggest the Speaker's congressional delegations are more about partying than anything else."

Pelosi, D-Calif., recently joined President Obama on a Judicial Watch list of Top 10 corrupt politicians because of her "sense of entitlement," the group said.

"Politicians believe laws and rules (even the U.S. Constitution) apply to the rest of us but not to them. Case in point: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her excessive and boorish demands for military travel. Judicial Watch obtained documents from the Pentagon in 2008 that suggest Pelosi has been treating the Air Force like her own personal airline," the evaluation said.

And WND reported almost a year ago that Pelosi was shown to have been erratically canceling and rescheduling flights, as one would with an on-call taxi service.

Do the tone-deaf lawmakers in D.C. make your blood boil? Read all about Washington and its politics of corruption in "Breach of Trust."

"We have ... folks prepping the jets and crews driving in (not a short drive for some), cooking meals and preflighting the jets etc," said one Department of Defense e-mail then.

Another official sent an e-mail questioning a series of Pelosi's requests for aircraft.

"Any chance of politely querying [Pelosi's team] if they really intend to do all of these or are they just picking every weekend?" it stated. "[T]here's no need to block every weekend 'just in case'..."

The e-mail noted that the speaker's office had "a history of canceling many of their past requests."

Yet another e-mail exchange at that time revealed Pelosi's demand that jets pick her up at Travis Air Force Base rather than San Francisco's airport.

"She lives about 1.5 hours from SFO and much closer to Travis. … Whether it is the best use of assets is not the question. But instead is it worth upsetting the speaker. …"

Said another, "This is a battle that we are bound to lose if we tell the speaker('s) office. In the end, this is what will happen. I wish that I could say this is a one-time request, but we know it will probably happen again in the future."

Yet another indicated a deep level of frustration:

"Here is the laydown: there are five G5s. Two are broke. Two off on CODELS. One slated for priority White House… we should keep on G-III for now for Tuesday afternoon and start sacrificing goats and chickens."

Judicial Watch said the newly obtained 2,000 pages of documentation show Pelosi's military travel cost the U.S. Air Force $2,100,744.59 over two years – including $101,429.14 for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol.

Among the newest highlights revealed:

* Pelosi used Air Force aircraft to travel back to her district at an average cost of $28,210.51 per flight. Of 103 Pelosi-led congressional delegations (CODEL), 31 trips included members of the House speaker's family.

* One CODEL traveling from Washington, D.C., through Tel Aviv, Israel, to Baghdad, Iraq, May 15-20, 2008, "to discuss matters of mutual concern with government leaders" included members of Congress and their spouses and cost $17,931 per hour in aircraft alone. This flight included the purchase of the long list of alcoholic drinks.

* According to a "Memo for Record" from a March 29-April 7, 2007, CODEL that involved a stop in Israel, "CODEL could only bring kosher items into the hotel. Kosher alcohol for mixing beverages in the delegation room was purchased on the local economy i.e. bourbon, whiskey, scotch, vodka, gin, triple sec, tequila, etc.

Pelosi's office could not be reached for comment. The answering machine said the office would be closed until Monday, and the mailbox was full, so no messages could be left.

Judicial Watch Inc. describes itself as a constitutionally conservative, nonpartisan educational foundation that promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law.

I'm just sayin'
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #46
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Come on... Let's reduce our carbon footprint so Queen Pelosi can have her airplane. Walk to work. Make your children do homework in the dark. Cook with solar. Shower once a week. Let's all do our part.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #47
kargoboy

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan/'03 Protege
It's amazing to me that some of you believe the stupid crap that's posted on the internet.
kargoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #48
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kargoboy View Post
It's amazing to me that some of you believe the stupid crap that's posted on the internet.
it's amazing to me that you could be led around like a sheep
Old 01-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #49
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobselectric View Post
"Speaker Pelosi has a history of wasting taxpayer funds with her boorish demands for military travel,"

"Politicians believe laws and rules (even the U.S. Constitution) apply to the rest of us but not to them. Case in point: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her excessive and boorish demands for military travel.
A) www.thesaurus.com - use it(not you, the propagandist who wrote it)
B) if you read the snopes I lilnked, pelosi isn't even in charge of requesting her plane, someone else is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobselectric View Post
Judicial Watch Inc. describes itself as a constitutionally conservative, nonpartisan educational foundation that promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law.

Do the tone-deaf lawmakers in D.C. make your blood boil? Read all about Washington and its politics of corruption in "Breach of Trust."
"We promote transparency, accountability, integrity, and whoever will give us money to push their book... woops, I mean transparency, accountability, and integrity, that's it"

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #50
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
The only self apointed, worship me queen is Sarah Palin!

I grow weary of right wing sound bites and outright lies, the only purpose of which is to say hooray for their side.

For those interested in the truth:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/...ane/index.html

Although, there are some who prefer the fantasy, igorance and imaturity of lies!

Last edited by RedRide; 01-30-2010 at 08:47 PM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:58 AM   #51
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Newt Gingrich refused a private plane and flew commercial airlines. Why can't Queen Peolsi?
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #52
RedRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
Newt Gingrich refused a private plane and flew commercial airlines. Why can't Queen Peolsi?

I guess Ignorance really is bliss.

It is a security issue that she has nothing to do with.

For one thing, Pelosi has received too many death threats from right wing extremists for her to routinely fly from CA to DC on comercial flights.

She is the third most important person in the US government.

The decision for her to fly military AC was made by a a security chief who has been in place for the past 11 years and neither Pelosi nor the Obama administration has anything to do with it.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:03 PM   #53
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

[QUOTE=RedRide;438022]

For one thing, Pelosi has received too many death threats from right wing extremists for her to routinely fly from CA to DC on comercial flights.

AH-HA HA HA HA-

Besides, CNN- now there is fair and balanced reporting.

Sorry kids, I'm done with this one- been there, done that, got the t-shirt, as they say.

If you all believe that this administration has the best interests of the country at heart, then go in peace... just let me finish by saying "I told you so..."
Old 01-31-2010, 05:12 PM   #54
RedRide

I rest my case.