Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #55
nester
I made a post!

Drives: 2006 Scion tC-t
Send a message via AIM to nester
We have no smog or emissions here.

Not sure about the blitz box.. I would recommend a 5psi wastegate spring, along with a boost controller.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #56
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester View Post
We have no smog or emissions here.

Not sure about the blitz box.. I would recommend a 5psi wastegate spring, along with a boost controller.
I live in Las Vegas so Im not sure if they'll let me have it installed in my car and their quite strict here like SOCAL... once I got my Corolla S Smog checked with a SIMOTA CAI and Fujita filter without a CARB exempt sticker, they told me to take it off and just reintall it after the check because it didnt pass coz of that...
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #57
ROCKLANDTOYOTA
JOE GIRTH

Drives: YARIS 3DOOR
182/184 is what kind of 1/4 mile numbers?????
Old 03-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #58
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
more than likely its going to be mid-low 14's and possible high 13's in perfect conditions with slicks and a very experienced driver......id be happy with sub 15 1/4 mile times, especially keeping the killer gas mileage and the ability to stomp on most civic, an acura rsx type s, and some other cars.....

i like the thought of runnin 5psi with the ability to up it when you want 2.......i think 5psi with a solid tune would be perfect for longevity's sake, enough passing power, and also the ability to up the boost whenever you want 2......

i think that would be a great option

and thanks for the answers on the automatic........i think the tranny cooler would be a good idea just for piece of mind......i had one on my previous car along with a tranny temp gauge and the cooler dropped temps an average of 20-25 degrees......

this kit, boost controller, and an a-pillar with boost, tranny temp, and oil pressure gauges...........man that sounds like a beautiful thing lol.........
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #59
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
I think a custom pod cluster inside the driverside glove box with a custom plexiglass cutout to see them.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #60
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
hey guys just another quick installment since you guys are wondering how fast the yaris is... I havent been to the track yet because i havent had a chance to go, however, I was out messing around with my friends last night one drives a stage 2 srt 4 the other a ws6 with an exhaust. We did from a roll and from the line with the srt 4 and from the roll with the ws6. The ws6 had a jump on me off the roll because i hadn't built boost yet. But after I did I caught back up and passed it. As for the SRT4 It was a very close race, my buddy "claims" he mis shifted second.... but I didn't hear anything and I wound up beating him... so just to give you some performance ideas on the car... Either way win or lose to either of those cars just keeping up with them would give you mad respect... haha I can't wait to take it the the track and get some real numbers.

p.s. I was still on stock rubber while they both have rims and sticky tires.
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #61
07typeS

Oh man

I think I need to stop reading this thread. Cause everytime I hear something like that last post, I can feel my wallet opening up even more lol. Id be more than happy to just keep up with an srt-4 let alone a stage 2. And speaking of ws6's, there was one sitting outside my house lastnight, dark blue, tinted, and when he started it up I could tell their might have been some forced induction. Talk about a beautiful thing lol.

But seriously, have we come up with any permanent numbers on the kit? and what exactly comes with the kit, I mean a full list. I am curious to what parts I would need outside of the kit, such as gauges, a possible boost controller, tranny cooler(need to research to see how feasable this would be), and other miscellaneous parts. I think if the kit were to come out in the low to mid 3's you would have a lot of inquiries, including myself.

id definately like to hear some track stories, on and off slicks. The only thing that worries me with the slicks is what was mentioned before with the axles. One good hook up and your axles arent up to the task, well you know lol. But all the more to get some beefier axles, I love breaking shit, Cause I know ill get to replace it with somethign bigger and better lol
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
Old 03-05-2007, 10:53 AM   #62
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I first want to say...I HATE being a hater but that last claim raises the flag.

Sorry, bout this. In my years on various forums, this is the ONLY time I called B.S..

There are TWO big reasons why, first, the SRT "stage 2" weighs only 300 pounds more than you and and is making 95 more WHP than your 180...if indeed it DOES make what a stage 2 with OR without turbo toys SHOULD make you wouldn't have a chance...ESPECIALLY after third gear. The stock SRT will hit a rev limited top end at 155 mph @ 6000 rpm. A stage 2 SRT will beat (depending on the driver) an STi and EVO. You realize what you're saying here without anything to back it up...

The WS6 is pretty much the same as a Camaro SS with 320 Hp and 345 Tq. The stage 2 would have had a tough time with that one itself. The WS6 runs a STOCK quarter of mid 13's. And you're telling me you just caught up to it and had a tougher time with the Stage 2 SRT? The WS6 only weighs 3400 lbs, which is about the same weight as an STi.

I don't know what you're doing with your E-manage, so I refuse to speculate on your top end but something tells me it isn't the 155 or 162 of the stock SRT and the stock WS6 respectively.

The second reason I'm calling B.S. is with a race like that, and seeing as how you put so much money and time into it...you DIDN'T bring a video camera?

That WILL shut my mouth...if I see what you just claimed on a good daytime shot of video.

I hate being a hater, read it again, I HATE BEING A HATER! But this is too far fetched for me at this point.

Last edited by sqcomp; 03-05-2007 at 12:33 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #63
BobRoss
I've made a post!

Drives: Dodge SRT-4
I'm gunna have to call BS too.

Why?

A comment was made about 'building boost'.

Quote:
The ws6 had a jump on me off the roll because i
hadn't built boost yet. But after I did I caught back up and
passed it. As for the SRT4 It was a very close race, my buddy
"claims" he mis shifted second.... but I didn't hear anything and
I wound up beating him...
Earlier in this thread someone commented on the
fact there should be minimal to no turbo lag so......

How LONG did it take to build boost?

and

Did they wait for you to catch up?

BTW.......0-50 and 20-80......Isn't a race.

For example:

A v6 mustang pulled up next to me and
revved......I had my girlfriend in the car and didn't want
to race and scare the bajeezuz our of her. He preceded
to stage his stang and TOOK OFF at the light.......

I figured, ahhh....What the heck and jumped on it and he
already had about 2/3 car lengths on me.

I caught him at about the 1/4 mile mark of the road but
he had already let off. I was doing about 70.......

So....In other words, it took almost 1/4 mile to build MY boost
and catch up because I went from a dead stop.

...and...

NOT A RACE because he already 'gave up'
(Ricer mentallity tells me that guy probably
brags about whooping an SRT..hehe)
BobRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #64
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Are their any plans to pull the internals down the road to check for adverse wear and tear? I am interested to see how the 1NZ handles that much power in this chassis.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #65
forpinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboyaris View Post
hey guys just another quick installment since you guys are wondering how fast the yaris is... I havent been to the track yet because i havent had a chance to go, however, I was out messing around with my friends last night one drives a stage 2 srt 4 the other a ws6 with an exhaust. We did from a roll and from the line with the srt 4 and from the roll with the ws6. The ws6 had a jump on me off the roll because i hadn't built boost yet. But after I did I caught back up and passed it. As for the SRT4 It was a very close race, my buddy "claims" he mis shifted second.... but I didn't hear anything and I wound up beating him... so just to give you some performance ideas on the car... Either way win or lose to either of those cars just keeping up with them would give you mad respect... haha I can't wait to take it the the track and get some real numbers.

p.s. I was still on stock rubber while they both have rims and sticky tires.
"REMINDS ME OF INITIAL D 1ST STAGE!"

a 140HP Trueno beating a 350HP Skyline R32...

I'll believe it, if its a manual transmission on the Yaris Sedan... but still the A/T gets a better top speed... did you take out the REV limiter on it???

BTW... I have a BIG HATE ON AMERICAN BRAND CARS.... so seeing your post makes me happy!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #66
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
Quote:
The second reason I'm calling B.S. is with a race like that, and seeing as how you put so much money and time into it...you DIDN'T bring a video camera?
With what hand would you have liked me to videotape with? And an srt 4 weighs closer to 2800-3000 pounds which makes it a little more then 200lbs heavier then my car.

Quote:
Earlier in this thread someone commented on the
fact there should be minimal to no turbo lag so......
was that someone me? or was it an employee if ZPI? no so therefore they couldn't really tell you how the turbo kit performs... no matter what there is always lag. As ZPIracing's post reads the turbo has lag until around 3000 rpms. So yes there is lag to the turbo.
Sorry I didn't videotape the race for you, when I have someone in my passengers seat I will be sure to videotape it so you guys have proof. Until then you can be skeptical. But i have no reason to fabricate the truth.
And as for the top speed. We only did like a quarter mile race. I still have the factory speed limiter so yes clearly eventually they would have passed me for sure, but not right away.
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #67
fu_im_from_texas

Drives: Liftback
Send a message via AIM to fu_im_from_texas
get used to it

turboyaris,
You better get used to hearing the sound of crying. No respectable WRX STi, SRT, WS6, (or any other catchy 3 letter car) is going to like the idea of getting stomped by a $13.9K econo-box. They've been holding their chests out for years cause they've more hp, more torque…blah blah blah…It really doesn’t surprise me to hear them wimper…cool mod…enjoy your car…let the crybabies cry…
fu_im_from_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #68
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Hey, I'm no hater. I REALLY enjoyed seeing a Honda CRX doing 11 second runs and keeping even with a modded C5 Vette. The vette blew up 3/4 of the way down the 1/4 mile. You should have heard the cheers as that little CRX came down the return path.

I'm down with the idea...hell I OWN a Yaris. I traded in my SRT for the Yaris. I also know reality and the SRT is under 2900 lbs... and a power to weight of better than 1:10.5 on the SRT's 275 whp on a PROPER stage 2 with toys is much better than the 2500 lb 180 WHP at 1:13.8 of the Yaris. Even is the SRT had the Stage 2 with no water injection it is still better than 1:10.95. The power to weight on the WS6 is 1:10.625...still better than the Yaris.

All I'm saying is that your claim DOES NOT ADD UP. The numbers aren't there.

You're on the opposite coast, I can't test your claim. But I'm sure if I'm ever out at Atco or you're here at Woodburn we can do that.

Oh and a camera mount only costs $35. Think about it next time. I want to be silenced!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #69
forpinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Hey, I'm no hater. I REALLY enjoyed seeing a Honda CRX doing 11 second runs and keeping even with a modded C5 Vette. The vette blew up 3/4 of the way down the 1/4 mile. You should have heard the cheers as that little CRX came down the return path.

I'm down with the idea...hell I OWN a Yaris. I traded in my SRT for the Yaris. I also know reality and the SRT is under 2900 lbs... and a power to weight of better than 1:10.5 on the SRT's 275 whp on a PROPER stage 2 with toys is much better than the 2500 lb 180 WHP at 1:13.8 of the Yaris. Even is the SRT had the Stage 2 with no water injection it is still better than 1:10.95. The power to weight on the WS6 is 1:10.625...still better than the Yaris.

All I'm saying is that your claim DOES NOT ADD UP. The numbers aren't there.

You're on the opposite coast, I can't test your claim. But I'm sure if I'm ever out at Atco or you're here at Woodburn we can do that.

Oh and a camera mount only costs $35. Think about it next time. I want to be silenced!

THINK OF THE CLOSE RATIO TRANNY OF THE YARII!!! THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!

BUT YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT....
Old 03-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #70
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Pretty much the same shift points as the SRT. I know you can max out 1st on the SRT at a little above 30, second is at 60, third is at 90 and 4th is at 120...on the stage 1. Stage 2 has 250 more rpm that it can use at a 6500 rpm redline.

Speaking from experience on the SRT, 1st gear is almost useless if you get excited. You have to be calm on first gear or you'll have NO traction. Second gear you can lose traction if you have a stage 1 + mods and definately a stage 2.

I suppose I can see the 180 WHP S/C vehicle keeping up with a missed second gear. Second gear is LIFE in the SRT. This is where you'll get your maximum acceleration. Third gear however is the one missed most often...and the one that kills the SRT transmission.

Again, I'm NO Yaris hater. I'm just trying to justify a vehicle that doesn't have the HP/weight beating another one on a run like that. I suppose a missed second gear...like was mentioned...is a good reason.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #71
ZPIracing

Drives: Scions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I first want to say...I HATE being a hater but that last claim raises the flag.

Sorry, bout this. In my years on various forums, this is the ONLY time I called B.S..

There are TWO big reasons why, first, the SRT "stage 2" weighs only 300 pounds more than you and and is making 95 more WHP than your 180...if indeed it DOES make what a stage 2 with OR without turbo toys SHOULD make you wouldn't have a chance...ESPECIALLY after third gear. The stock SRT will hit a rev limited top end at 155 mph @ 6000 rpm. A stage 2 SRT will beat (depending on the driver) an STi and EVO. You realize what you're saying here without anything to back it up...

The WS6 is pretty much the same as a Camaro SS with 320 Hp and 345 Tq. The stage 2 would have had a tough time with that one itself. The WS6 runs a STOCK quarter of mid 13's. And you're telling me you just caught up to it and had a tougher time with the Stage 2 SRT? The WS6 only weighs 3400 lbs, which is about the same weight as an STi.

I don't know what you're doing with your E-manage, so I refuse to speculate on your top end but something tells me it isn't the 155 or 162 of the stock SRT and the stock WS6 respectively.

That WILL shut my mouth...if I see what you just claimed on a good daytime shot of video.

I hate being a hater, read it again, I HATE BEING A HATER! But this is too far fetched for me at this point.
I am not trying to be a dick here I think you are a very smart guy and this thread you have brought up some great points but on this you are wrong.

I am not sur eif he won or lost but that does not really matter. The Yaris weighs in at 2293 stock. A srt-4 is closer to 3k and a WS6 is well over 3k at a 1000lbs more weight the car would need 100whp more to beat the yaris in a race. If they are rated at 320whp this will put it around 270whp using a 15% drivetrain loss. The Yaris made 180whp so to say this would not be a close race is way off. Using the tried and true 10whp=100 pounds this would put the cars side by side. Using the Calc linked below with the inputted weight and 210whp (same 15% calc as above) for hp you will see it estimates a high 12's 1/4. This would be hard to achieve on stock open diff but mid 13's are a real possibility.

http://www.turbofast.com.au/Drag.html

It is hard to believe that addind a turbo to a 1.5l makes it hang with V8 power but it is true. Weight is everything in racing and we do not have very much.

I am not sure about the SRT-4 but I would say driver and tune has a lot to do with it, I agree this is a much harder race to pull off and if he did driver error has a lot to do with it. SRT owners world wide hated us after the video below they said a Scion could never pull a SRT, this SRT was pretty modded no idea what.

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/g...eos/srtvtC.wmv

We are all on the same team here there should be no lying on the part of anyone. I agree video is needed in cases such as these.

-Kenny
ZPIracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #72
07typeS

Yea i agree with the last sentance above. Whats the reasoning behind hating on another car, if its fast its fast. If another car is faster then its faster. I know if I had a modded car and it had decent power amounts and some lil 4 banger came on and shut me up i wouldnt be pissed. Id make im pullover so we could talk and figure out what hes got done.

I dunno maybe this is just cause im a car lover, and dont just stick to one maker. Id love a 2007 blown mustang gt, a hemi magnum wagon, a new modded infiniti g35, new acura tl type s, a chrysler 300 srt8...i could go on forever.....its just a love for cars.....

but im with you guys and ofcourse im gonna be bias for the car i own and want it to excell more than another.....i love seein that tc smash on the srt-4......but trust me i got mad respect for a heavily modded srt-4........those things sound killer, as does any boosted car.....

i dunno, i just dont think theres a reason to argue over all this.....

Last edited by 07typeS; 03-05-2007 at 11:09 PM.