Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #91
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
ZPI should put as much effort into the ill fitting exhausts, as they did a full turbo setup..
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #92
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
What if they did?
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #93
Snake

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Thank you snake. They don't believe you. I do since I've owned one and I'm still in the SRT mix with my good friend's SRT. Lots of tourqe off the stage 2, often a good bit more than 330 ft lbs and 275 Hp. The power to weight numbers favor the stage 2 heavily. I'd think it'd be a good way to make $50 on a run at the track...especially when they'll claim a 12 second run off stock bagel sized tires. Mmmm'kay.

$50? nah we need to wage more, I only run for a G or more, have to compensate incase I break an axle on the SRT considering they cost 1200 for the set, have to cover the expenses lol

lol just playin man
I've actually raced a modded SRT vs my Yaris from a dig
I stuck with him till about 45 but once he hit boost, I couldnt even see the neon lol

By the way, the funniest race ever in the yaris was on the highway, from 55+ to about 115, the yaris actually kept up with a highly modded Dodge Dakota R/T we couldnt stop laughing (and I know this car runs consistant low 14's at the track, friend of mine in the dakota was pissed)

not bad for 103 hp crank but guys face it, your comparing a little bubble car to an SRT, lay off the crack, I dont care if you drop a turbo 2zz into that little bubble, your still not going to be able to play with stage2 srt's the guysin the 2zz mr2 spyders cant even match that, and they are lighter and faster than the yari
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #94
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
There's good juju here now...

I remember my flying wedge. Ahh, the old 1985 MR2. Gutless wonder BUT...it could corner pretty damned well! Speaking of the MR2 I would REALLY like to get my hands on the newest gen and track that car out. I've seen one that was all done up for autox. Roll cage, no interior, killer suspension. Heck, that's truely all you need for an autox car. Usually those damned courses are too short to REALLY need the power. Track days on the other hand...that MR2 could use another 100-150 ponies. That would scream!

I still remember a turboed 95 MR hanging with a nicely modded Supra, somwhere around 600-700 HP. Those turbos were SCREAMING!

...sorry, I think I wet myself...
Old 03-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #95
firefly1_0
What the...?

Drives: '06 Blazing Blue 3 door RS.
what turbo is that? T-25? bigger, smaller?

...and the engine is way smaller.

silly ricer, useless wings are for penguins...
firefly1_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #96
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Who are you talking to?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #97
firefly1_0
What the...?

Drives: '06 Blazing Blue 3 door RS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Who are you talking to?

gee let me think...

there is a guy here that TC'ed a yaris, i post up asking what turbo was used...

who do you think?

...and the engine is way smaller.

silly ricer, useless wings are for penguins...
firefly1_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:27 PM   #98
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
evo 3 14 g sorry i have been too busy to come online in a while
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:29 PM   #99
Wenis

Drives: '03 SRT-4, '05 VIBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester View Post
Is this the dyno for the car in question? That is one odd looking dyno... It looks like the torque takes a nose dive up top, but inreality it only dips about 30ft.lbs. from peak to redline. Not bad

I was going to call until I started REALLY looking at the torque curve, I could see this Yaris beating an LS1 and S2SRT-4, probably capable of low 13's.
Wenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #100
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
and people smirked at me for wanting to boost a 1.5L to 5 or 6psi and hoping for 150 crank hp...

P.S. I wonder how long that yaris will take that boost without upgrades to the fuel system...I am waiting to throw boost at my yaris 'till I find out from peoples mistakes as to how much boost the car can safely hold and still go more than 50k miles,lol.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #101
turboyaris

the stock fuel system should work fine, it isn't being overloaded in anyway, the only thing upgraded was the injectors for obvious reasons, but they are 330cc i believe so they shouldnt over work the fuel pump. 5k down with no mishaps on the kit still getting my good gas mileage as well.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #102
turboyaris

as for the dyno chart its a little confusing because we couldnt get the printout to look how we wanted. The numbers themselves on represent the HP numbers although the numbers were very similar, within like 6. It was the new mustang software and it had just been installed and the owner of the dyno hadn't had a chance to learn the software, but all said it gives you an idea of the power curve at least.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:57 PM   #103
Wenis

Drives: '03 SRT-4, '05 VIBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboyaris View Post
as for the dyno chart its a little confusing because we couldnt get the printout to look how we wanted. The numbers themselves on represent the HP numbers although the numbers were very similar, within like 6. It was the new mustang software and it had just been installed and the owner of the dyno hadn't had a chance to learn the software, but all said it gives you an idea of the power curve at least.
Yeah I figured it was some type of operator error... basically the torque curve is exaggerated, it makes it look like the top end "boost taper" is worse than it really is. It's all good though, the curves cross where they should and the hp peak of 180 at 5843rpm does come out to be roughly 160lb ft of tq, which IS what the graph shows. It all adds up

I was going to call BS since it looked like you had NO top end what so ever, and there's no way in hell you'd have been pulling on a WS6 with crap for top end, but with a little math I corrected the "curve" and saw you should still be pulling up top, just not as hard as you are in the mid range rpms. I bet it's a blast to drive... can't wait to see some vids!
Wenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #104
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
I have to admit it, even though I wont be boosting my Yaris 'till it is paid off, I still wish I could.

I won't lie...hearing that BOV whistle that loud and hearing the turbo spool made me spooge my pants.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #105
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
Kinda been lost from YW.com this week, but congrats ZPI for giving the yaris a breakthrough in the aftermarket world finally. Guys we should all be happy that now we have a turbo kit which means there are more mods to come. Just like axle upgrades and other internal upgrades more companies are gonna want to benefit from this product. And where there is a market there will be competitors!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #106
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
mmhmm i love that sound but I still do go for Turbo Blow Off Sound lmao!!
ricey!!

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote