Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #55
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
oxy let me know what u do. and ill be giving them a call with a possible order retraction if they dont offer to throw me a bone.

they just got a nasty email from me telling them to get there shit together and something better be done to keep the customers happy otherwise they are going to have trouble selling their product on here with all the nagative reviews that will be going around....
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #56
OxyG3nE

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via AIM to OxyG3nE Send a message via MSN to OxyG3nE
i just called( was able to understand) i didnt had much information about the fitting that PetersRedYaris had to do .... they only said they will look for it.. they said my exhaust should be sent wednesday next week. they have to "built" it.. i tought it was "ready to ship" anywya as long as i get something for my money lol... i didnt want to complain about the email because i dont want to lose my $$ lol (i know im a pussy)
OxyG3nE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #57
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
I think if they are given the link to the post, with the pictures/issues mentioned, they can make the needed adjustments.

Example, the need for longer bolts can be corrected, if they move and weld the collar down at the end of the tubing. Then the stock hardware can be re-used, OR they can keep their design as is, and just INCLUDE longer hardware.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #58
OxyG3nE

maybe PetersRedYaris can contact them to tell what the problem is.. and then he send the picture etc.. he is the only one to have install this exhaust for now i think?
Old 03-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #59
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Here are pictures of the fitment issues and some suggestions for how to solve them.

First, the flange does not meet the mid-pipe squarely as shown.

Second, the pipe is routed to close to the suspension. I can't even fit my finger between the space.

Third, with the new exhaust hanging in place, look how far the stock exhaust must be lifted in order to bolt the two together. By pulling the midpipe up to meet the new exhaust, rubbing issues become an issue on the fuel tank heat shield in more than one place.

Last, the flange on the new system can completley take in the stock exhaust seal thereby allowing metal to metal contact between the two mounting flanges.

I think by shortening the flange slightly the seal would be allowed to fit inside it but not be engulfed by it. As far as the the two flanges fitting together squarely, without lifting the midpipe, and the suspension clearance; I think taking an inch or so out from the seam I'm pointing to and rotating that same seam, would allow the new flange to be lower, more square, and allow for more suspension clearance.

Cosmetically, I think it would look nice if the end tailpipe was shortened 1-1.5 inches. Just a thought.

These are just suggestions, I'm not an exhaust guy. ZPI needs to solve these issues ASAP.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #60
PetersRedYaris

ZPI offered me $50 in store credit for my troubles, but I think they should throw me a lightened pully for free. I think it's fair since I was forced to be the Guinea Pig and pay for return shipping ($20). What do you say ZPI? Respark Yaris World's interest in your products!
Old 03-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #61
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Store credit?? You actually PAID to send it back???

If you are "happy enough" just keep it, and go on your way... forget them.

I on the other hand would be explaining the situation to the CC company, and getting my money back in full.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:20 PM   #62
07typeS

im with chris07lb.... if you sent them pictures of your issues, I cant imagine why you would be the one to pay for the shipping charges...thats not your responsibility, it should be theres.......

they definately should be refunding you more than some BS 50$ credit, i think a lightened crank pulley is the least they can do for all the trouble you went through......and dont settle for anything else.....

i got an email back from sean at zpi and he couldnt understand why I was upset, I got no emails, he told me it was going to ship out early this week, its now thursday and was no email by mid day.....he then said there was fitment issues that they were workin out, no email about that.....then he said fabrication would resume on tuesday of next week due to ESPN filming in which i replied that it wasnt my problem what they had going on. i said and i didnt get an email saying it wasnt getting shipped out til next wednesday by latest...

i swear im border line asking for my money back or demanding a pulley for the lack of customer service they have had.
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
Old 03-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #63
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

There is no free lunch.

Get your money back, cancel your order, or just deal with it.

They know they dont have to make good on anything.. their poor customer service proves this. No way do I see them giving out free pulleys for lack of customer service.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:35 PM   #64
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

When did you start hearing a responce from them??

I bumped their exhaust thread with a direct link to this post, and also emailed them of the issues with the links.

This was earlier this afternoon.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:04 PM   #65
OxyG3nE

i bought the exhaust from them because they are supporting vendor of the web site... i tought this would mean they prove they are good seller.. i dont know if anyone can sell here .. i had the same answer that 07typeS thats the welder was gone for week.. i dont care for this part .. but at least i want it to fit right.. i ask myshelf how they build it to fit exactly ? they have a mould? ....if they dont modify it and it get to be like PetersRedYaris i wont buy again from them for sure...
Old 03-16-2007, 12:11 AM   #66
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
Let me get something straight here. So you had problems with the exhaust, it doesn't fit right, doesn't really satisfy you. Your first experience with this company was negative. So why would you want to put another one of their products (pulley) on your car? I don't know about you, but I would not touch anything of theirs with a ten foot pole in the future.
YarisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:16 AM   #67
PetersRedYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisGuy View Post
Let me get something straight here. So you had problems with the exhaust, it doesn't fit right, doesn't really satisfy you. Your first experience with this company was negative. So why would you want to put another one of their products (pulley) on your car? I don't know about you, but I would not touch anything of theirs with a ten foot pole in the future.
Good call! I think I will try and just get a full refund including my shipping cost to return it.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #68
RossP

Drives: MK I Vitz 1.0l F Package
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123234

Don't mean to cause shit or anything but this may be worth a read. Can't say i'm impressed
RossP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:02 AM   #69
07typeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossP View Post
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123234

Don't mean to cause shit or anything but this may be worth a read. Can't say i'm impressed

gees, if I was that guy id be gettin a little more crazy for a 2400$ turbo kit....he was very patient with them, a little too patients.....and id make them eat the lawyer fee's......no offense to any company just starting out, im sure its rough....but there money problems arent our problems....

ill be patient since its only a muffler....but we will see....
Old 03-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #70
OxyG3nE

for 2400 $ ? i would take a long car ride to louisville... and have a little face to face talk :p and there is no reason for us to lose our $$ right now.. im sure we will get our exhaust.. but im not so sure its going to fit better than PetersRedYaris lol
Old 03-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #71
MWill517

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan Barcelona Red
This thread looks almost like one found here:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/archive/****.html

Looks like this is common business operation for ZPI.

(I retract these statements as ZPI has made good on this)
(not that my opinion matters on this subject)

Last edited by MWill517; 03-19-2007 at 08:51 AM.
MWill517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #72
OxyG3nE

look at the date ... 2005 :p so ill give them a chance ... and the other thread is 6 month old..