Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
350HP on 2ZZ-GE?

OK THIS ONE GUY ON TOYOTA NATION WHO LOVES AMERICAN CARS IS PISSING ME OFF WITH HIS SRT-4...

His saying that I cant even get close to 240HP with a Turbo/modded 2ZZ-GE with $4grand? is this true??? he always say a larger displacement is always better and lighter LOL!... "what about the EVO didnt he know its only a 2liter?

also... his saying that a Corvette with "him as a driver" will rule a drifter car in Japan with K. Tsuchiya driving it in the tight zig-zags very easy...
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
forpinks

just keeping it new....
Old 03-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Okay...I love the SRT-4. I traded mine in for my Yaris S. My close friend has an identical SRT-4 like the one I had. He's nicely modded and going higher with a stage 3.

I HATE A-holes who do what this guy did. He knows NOT what he's talking about on the drifting subject.

He is correct in theory that there is no replacement for diplacement. There are A LOT of way to make displacement though. Remember when dealing with jerks on this type of topic, there are TWO prime rules!

1.) Power to weight ratio

2.) Power to the ground

FWD platforms are usually owned off the dig by AWD and RWD platforms. FWD has less parasitic loss due to less moving parts in the drivetrain (laymen's terms).

Remember, a turbo is a displacement adder in effect.

Also remember there is ALWAYS someone bigger, badder and better than you are. Keep it humble and you won't have any true haters. If that doesn't succeed, tell the douche that you have a twin turbo Cobra or something...and that you're potential for power will always be greater.

Oooh! Or you could go buy something like an 82' Honda CVCC and slap a 302 in it...*mmmwwwaaahhahahahaha*!!!!!! I've seen it once before and it was very quick!
Old 03-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
forpinks

dude you had the SRT-4 before right? whats its 0-60 time? and is it true that it doesn't have a rear power window? thats messed up...
Old 03-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

0-60 and 1/4 mile times depend on the driver. I've personally seen everything as bad as a 17 second (MASSIVE wheel spin) down to a 13.8 stock. Yes, the rear windows are crank. I never had anyone in back anyway so I didn't give a crap.

My best kills were an S2000, a 350z, the Mustang GTand a modded WRX. I never really went looking for trouble. Most people left me alone because I took my wing off...it looked like a grandma car. What I loved was the civics who would honestly try to race and get absolutely slapped silly. I've said this before about the SRT-4, second gear is LIFE! First gear is absolutely useless...IF...you get overly excited. Second gear is when you start laying down the most serious boost. This all of course depends primarily on the modifications to the wastegate actuator and the PCM.

What else do you want to know about the car? Weak points?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Obviously if the guy who likes American cars and is on Toyota Nation he must be a troll...not to say you can't like both but if he is just trying to look for trouble then DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #7
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
Why can't you guys spot a wind up when you see one...... let it slide, he is obviously trying to get you guys worked up.
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
SRT-4 own man, I love them Ive thought many hours on trading in my car and picking up a used one.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:11 AM   #9
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
First of all, that guy really has no idea what his is talking about. Very basic knowledge if that. Second of all, I'd like to point him towards the BMW Sauber 2.4 liter V8. Naturally aspirated putting out over 700 hp. Also I'd like to point out the Mazda 757 rotary engine. 2.6 liters putting out over 700 NA hp. Don't listen to that there is no replacement for displacement bullcrap. It's called technology and tuning.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:00 AM   #10
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsteverino889 View Post
SRT-4 own man, I love them Ive thought many hours on trading in my car and picking up a used one.
Steverino get rid of that Godawful grunting picture of you, it looks like you have to take a poop, no one wants to see that!
Black Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #11
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
reminds me of shrek...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #12
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
reminds me of shrek...
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #13
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Come on now Jdub...

Do you think technology and tuning only applies to small engines? You'll take your small displacement, high rev engines and I'll slap you with a top fuel NHRA engine with TEN TIMES that much horsepower. Seriously? Are you so ONE SIDED to think that R&D is only performed on smaller powerplants?

The IS NO replacement for displacement. By adding a turbo, a supercharger or nitrous you are in effect increasing displacement of the engine block. When you START with a bigger engine, in most cases, you have the POTENTIAL for more horsepower than a smaller engine especially if like modifications are made (generally speaking). Basic knowledge yes, is it wrong though? Follow with some hard evidence that says a smaller displacement engine will have more potential for power than a larger one? The moment you do...you realize you're going to get smacked right back down.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the F-1 racing engine that you're referring to! It's called efficiency! That is awesome.

And if you're going to point out a rotary for an example, don't use the 757. The 757 was a FAILED platform...not an engine. The 13G rotary is what you're probably referring to. It LOST way back in 195, 86, 87 and even in 88 with the 20G rotary...oh wait! Even in 99 it ate it's own lunch with the 13J rotary. That was on an "improved" 767 Mazda platform.

The first roatry win in LeMans was resulted from the switch from a turbocharged rotary to a N/A rotary that was 3500cc. That in fact did win in the 787B platform. I can post the minor specs of the 787B for everyone to see if you want. It'll show that while being at 700 hp it was "only" producting 448 tq. This is typical of a rotary engine...no torque. If you think that that 787B won solely because of it's engine, you'd be wrong. It only weighed 1831 lbs and used a borrowed tranny.

Anyone want to get the specs for the Audio R10 TDI? Oh wait...that's not a small displacement engine...so it must not have any technology or tuning. What an idiot.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #14
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Steverino get rid of that Godawful grunting picture of you, it looks like you have to take a poop, no one wants to see that!
Quote:
reminds me of shrek
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #15
Vic-2NZFE

Drives: Yaris 2NZFE
SRT-4 Rules, not more than a yaris though

It's a Vitz!
Vic-2NZFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #16
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
reminds me of shrek...
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #17
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post

Ive been waiting all week for a comment like that, you made my day. And NOOO i will not be taking the pic of its an excellent portrait of myself. Thats how i look when spades comments in my posts
Old 03-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #18
C2AUTOSPL

Drives: 240sx, 00 Celica
THere are turbo kits available for the 2zz but HP will be a bit conservative since it has very high compression.

Supercharger is available for the 2zz but its priced over 4G's.
Loma Linda, CA 92354
T: 909-796-8189
E-mail: info@c2auto.com
AIM: wide180sx
C2AUTOSPL is offline   Reply With Quote