Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
SLIK4
Michael

Drives: 07 Silver Yaris Sedan
TRD parts?

im considering adding a trd air intake and maybe the trd muffler aswell. im not interested in extreme performance changes just something to personalize my car. how much growl do u get with the trd muffler and what kind of changes can i expect to see? thanx for the help!
SLIK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
No real changes in HP overall. you're dealing with a 90ish whp car. So a couple whp at best. Intakes, any brand, seem to add a very nice sound to the Yaris. As far as the muffler I don't know. But keeping the cats and resonator will keep it from sounding too ricy.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
I asked someone about their TRD muffler today but I can't get an answer. This is an expensive mod for just -sound- but the Megan would be nice to hear since it is 220. The Tanabe Touring sounds excellent.

Last edited by brickhardmeat; 07-01-2007 at 07:55 PM.
brickhardmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
^ Always there to help people out aren't you?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
yes, that or leave some snide remark
Old 07-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #6
WRBlue

Drives: Yaris 3 Door, 04 WRX, 69 Lotus
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticorex View Post
No real changes in HP overall. you're dealing with a 90ish whp car. So a couple whp at best. Intakes, any brand, seem to add a very nice sound to the Yaris. As far as the muffler I don't know. But keeping the cats and resonator will keep it from sounding too ricy.
A couple whp on a 90whp car is pretty decent. Better than a couple hp on a 300hp car . Cause that all you can expect on any exhaust on any car, a couple hp.

Sure older cars, or older turbos, or diesels CAN get more gains, but they are the exception. Turbo's and diesels am exhaust usually goes hand in hand with more boost - less backpressure from the exhaust = more boost on non-computer controlled turbos.
WRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #7
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I purchased my exhaust from someone who had it on their car for dyno testing purposes for a aftermarket company. He said it added 2+hp. I love the sound, and it did help performance a little. Combined with a NST pulley I ran a 17.356 on the quarter mile.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
KS SOLO

Drives: too many 2 list
I was a little dissapointed in the TRD muffler, my Mazda factory add on was much louder, people ask me all the time if my car is running :) I think I would go with something else actually. Love my TRD intake and get lots of nice comments. Do I see changes in power, not really noticable but the intake does make a nice whooshing sound!
KS SOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #9
localnet

Drives: 07 Dodge Ram 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIK4 View Post
im considering adding a trd air intake and maybe the trd muffler aswell. im not interested in extreme performance changes just something to personalize my car. how much growl do u get with the trd muffler and what kind of changes can i expect to see? thanx for the help!
I put the TRD cai and exhaust on mine. I think it sounds pretty darn good for a four banger. Surprisingly it has a nice throaty sound to it. And the TRD exhaust has the right look as far as the tip goes. It has an oval shape to it, not the obnoxious coffee can look that I see on many imports. It fits the car perfectly.

Mike
localnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #10
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
let me repeat - the trd exhaust IS loud! if you have no muff on there at all aka a fart can that would be extremely loud, but so you all know, it is definately loud, especially with the windows down!!
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote