Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #37
SiliconRane
Dr. Trunk Monkey

Drives: 2007 Red Yaris
I had a Carbine System installed in my Yaris W\ power Locks and a 2 Stage Impact Sensor and an added Radar field sensor. Cost me about 300.00$ It came from the factory originally with No alarm and No power Locks. Got it done by the dealership at a local car audio shop. Has worked great for me thus far.
SiliconRane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #38
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
i have a question for you guys.
My gf want to get me a Keyless and Alarm system, but she don't want to go to best buy or circuit city because due to alot of problems...Will not works for long time-theft will break in very easy, and sometime if it's too hot or too cold the alarm either will stop working or turn on by itself.
But when it's come to dealer, do they install their original Toyota Brand like Camry or Corolla that come with Factory Remote Control? Or they just throw in some aftermarket brand? I am really don't my where i go, as long i get my Keyless and Alarm System, but i need some of your advice.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #39
vacantj

Drives: Yaris 4Dr sedan
When I bought my Yaris it was the base model sedan with the power option and I negotiated with them and they threw the alarm/keyless entry but it was made by Chapman with two buttons on the control ARM - DISARM - I was disappointed I thought it be the toyota one..
vacantj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #40
bigdoglover

Drives: 2007 red lb
i also am looking to have keyless remote installed-i just emailed my salesman and am looking at best buy and circuit city but i am a little afraid to let bb or cc install because of potential problems. i can't wait to hear what the dealer will charge for it
bigdoglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #41
bigdoglover

Drives: 2007 red lb
my salesman says they don't do dealer installed keyless entry-i have to go somewhere else for it.
bigdoglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #42
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
After market at the dealer 245.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #43
phenylhydride

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to phenylhydride
Hi, I just bought a Yaris sedan with the power package (includes power locks, etc.), but without the keyless entry. I've been doing some research into getting one without paying the dealer ~$200 for some aftermarket one or going to a retail store like Best Buy. From the FSM I see that there is a "Door Control Receiver" module that connects to the ECU, but found no way of determining whether this comes only with vehicles that have keyless entry from the manufacturer (I didn't want to rip panels off if it's not necessary). Anyway, I found the site keylessride.com which has a service where you can enter your VIN and it tells you which product (fob) will fit your vehicle; try out this service for yourself! After entering in mine it says that all Toyota Yaris's come with Keyless Entry capability (they must mean the Door Control Receiver), and that all I need to do is purchase the fob (it's the kind embedded into a key), program it, and it'll work. Their uncut key is ~$200, so I then found that the Scion 2006 models also have the same FCC ID and are readily available on ebay. I found one of these for $30, and am waiting to get it so I can program it. I guess the upshot is that if the information I got is correct, then buying one of these aftermarket systems and splicing into these wires is unnecessary because we may already have the factory receiver in our cars! Let me know what you think.
phenylhydride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:38 AM   #44
Super_BQ

Drives: 2006 New Zealand Model
Factory FOB

phenylhydride,

Please let me know ASAP when you get the remote. I'm looking for a 2nd one for myself as the wife uses the factory keyless all the time.

However, our problem is the Yaris is an Australian/NZ model (we live in NZ) and need to find out if the N. America FOB remotes are the same units as what we have (remote built-in with the key).

There's a programming sequence to add the remote - Let me know how it goes.

BQ
Super_BQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #45
phenylhydride

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to phenylhydride
Unfortunately it's not working. I was worried about this; when I go through the sequence of key in ignition, door close, and lock to on steps it doesn't activate the system to take more transmitters (aka it doesn't enter "add mode" (or any mode for that matter)). I suppose that the website that I found that said that all Yaris's come equipped with the door control receiver module were WRONG. You can bet your bottom dollar I'll be asking them why they said that. Anyway, sorry I can't help with commenting on whether that transmitter works or not. =(
phenylhydride is offline   Reply With Quote