Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #37
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
And people without licenses drive every day. I got hit by an 85 year old man several years ago who's drivers licenses had expired 4 years prior, and he'd had 3 wrecks since! Thank god he still had insurance though,lol. He was driving the wrong way on interstate 70 in MO and right as I crested a hill, there he was! I swerved but we still hit headlight to headlight at 70MPH. Spun around twice and the dog who was laying by the back of the little datsun 210 came thru the front seats and bounced off the dash! He was OK though. I was pissed!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #38
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Well, I'm glad the forefathers of America had the backbone not to lie down on their flanks with their tails tucked...guess the grit they showed then keeps us from giving our "pledge to the Queen" today. And I've also had a dealing or two...once when I was trying to get into Canada, to spend those nasty American tourist $$, the gentleman informed me that I'd have to pay to get in, and when I asked what the "fine" would be, he asked "How much money do you have?" ...wrong answer
United States was never able to Convert/Conquer Canada and Canada won one war.

Also - not protecting Canada or anything here seeing as I'm from Spain. But guess what - Spain was led by kings etc and we owned the world basically at one point.

Another arguement that doesnt make sense.

Inb4 - That was then this is now.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #39
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
United States was never able to Convert/Conquer Canada and Canada won one war.

Also - not protecting Canada or anything here seeing as I'm from Spain. But guess what - Spain was led by kings etc and we owned the world basically at one point.

Another arguement that doesnt make sense.

Inb4 - That was then this is now.

Not sure what the ancient history lesson of Spain's defeat had to do with Canada bending knee to England's queen today, unless it's tied to Spain's defeat at the hands of the English fleet centuries ago

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 10-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #40
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper

Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
Wow, this topic turned somehow into US vs. Canada! I will say that I like Canada. Does that help? :)
Old 10-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #41
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post

Not sure what the ancient history lesson of Spain's defeat had to do with Canada bending knee to England's queen today, unless it's tied to Spain's defeat at the hands of the English fleet centuries ago
Lol, Spains defeat. Thats why our religion and language still is influenced, and we still have gold etc that we got from years ago.

America doesn't even have it's name anymore, the forefathers were badasses. Now the one protecting its name are just jibber jabber.

Btw we defeated their navy, which is why we broke free of them and started conquering, Persians invaded Spain England helped Spain get them out - once cleansed noble blood marriages were made to try and form peace, Spain was unreliable allies because we didn't like England it was using eachother and getting along both ways, then Spain beat them.

I like how youre turning two superior countries in comparison as if you know I proved you wrong.

Tough luck.

EDIT:

You didn't even understand the initial point of what I said forget my arguement.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:21 AM   #42
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
1st Toyota's experiences at the Canada border are not unique, the US border guards also have way too much power, and use it whimsically. Both scenarios are wrong.

As far as "lying down with our tails tucked" is concerned, good luck with that one the next time the IRS comes for an audit; they NEVER leave without a large part of your soul. We are taught from an early age a few basic principles: killing people is wrong, and the government is civil. Sure, we have the usual number of tax cheats, but they are universally vilified, and our taxmen don't have the power that IRS people have (much as they would LIKE to!). We dumped the barbaric death penalty thing decades ago, as it doesn't work, period. Our "bended knee" to the Queen is justified: we get along with the Brits, and enjoy the pomp and tradition of such a relationship, something that is reserved for carpetbaggers and their descendants in the US. We are not as oppressed as you would believe.

And yes, we are proud of our social conscience. We see no reason for people to die in the streets for lack of a simple survival program, or basic health care. I would ask the reverse: you are proud of allowing people to die so that some billionaire doesn't have to part with money that he is unable to spend in his lifetime? If you see that as an advantage, then I do feel sorry for you...
Old 10-23-2010, 05:30 AM   #43
1stToyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
Lol, Spains defeat. Thats why our religion and language still is influenced, and we still have gold etc that we got from years ago.

America doesn't even have it's name anymore, the forefathers were badasses. Now the one protecting its name are just jibber jabber.

Btw we defeated their navy, which is why we broke free of them and started conquering, Persians invaded Spain England helped Spain get them out - once cleansed noble blood marriages were made to try and form peace, Spain was unreliable allies because we didn't like England it was using eachother and getting along both ways, then Spain beat them.

I like how youre turning two superior countries in comparison as if you know I proved you wrong.

Tough luck.

EDIT:

You didn't even understand the initial point of what I said forget my arguement.
lol. I'm sure Napoleon and Theodore Roosevelt was real impressed with Spain's badassness.

edit:

I could say the same.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 10-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #44
1stToyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
1st Toyota's experiences at the Canada border are not unique, the US border guards also have way too much power, and use it whimsically. Both scenarios are wrong.

As far as "lying down with our tails tucked" is concerned, good luck with that one the next time the IRS comes for an audit; they NEVER leave without a large part of your soul. We are taught from an early age a few basic principles: killing people is wrong, and the government is civil. Sure, we have the usual number of tax cheats, but they are universally vilified, and our taxmen don't have the power that IRS people have (much as they would LIKE to!). We dumped the barbaric death penalty thing decades ago, as it doesn't work, period. Our "bended knee" to the Queen is justified: we get along with the Brits, and enjoy the pomp and tradition of such a relationship, something that is reserved for carpetbaggers and their descendants in the US. We are not as oppressed as you would believe.

And yes, we are proud of our social conscience. We see no reason for people to die in the streets for lack of a simple survival program, or basic health care. I would ask the reverse: you are proud of allowing people to die so that some billionaire doesn't have to part with money that he is unable to spend in his lifetime? If you see that as an advantage, then I do feel sorry for you...
The sleeper cells in Canada must feel right at home.

btw, I'm fine with the IRS. Just sold my home and the realtor fee was 3x what the IRS asked for when I sold the business for 3x what the home brought. :)

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 10-23-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #45
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Wow, this thread just proves how completely lacking in understanding Canadians really are.

So you guys think the government is the only thing that can do anything, so that must mean all Canadians are pretty helpless.

Most Americans think the opposite, individuals can do anything, government will screw everything up every chance they get.

If someone cannot take care of themselves why should they even be allowed to live, never mind having the government steal other people's money to support them. Last time I checked, there were thousands of charities willing to help with donated money, not stolen money. That sounds better to me.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #46
SailDesign

Drives: .
‎"For those who understand, no explanation is needed.For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible."
Old 10-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #47
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Can't nail in these guys heads.

Btw Napoleon wasn't French in the first place, he came from an African island I believe and was then conquered by the French leading it's people to be colonized as French.

And lol USA didn't have the balls to get into World War at first, btw Spain was going to be in the war aswell til they realized Germany wass retarded at the time being if you're trying to imply MURRICANS AIN SCURR.

You guys are basically trying to prove you're men with the whole 'we protect ourselves' crap. Prove the stereotype more, thats why your countries jobless and asking the government for help because obviously you guys can take care of yourselfs.

so much fail. I giveu p lol.

btw the initial point was USA apparently badass couldn't conquer the biggest pussies being Canada if they even tried. And Spain apparently ruling the world- I was implying countries who give a knee to a Royal do get somewhere.

I haven't seen USA do anything except stick their nose in other countries poopshutes.

Personally I don't even like the queen, we arent looking at direct points here just barely outside of the box the ideas revolving around the point.

You guys be trollin'. Because no one said directly that the USA is crap just pin pointing its faults that you guys deny while shitting on a whole country.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #48
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
The problem with drinking in public places a lot of the time has to do with Joe Jerkoff who has one too many Bud Lights and decides to let the asshole side of himself come out. You know, those loud people who you'd just like to punch out. Around the world, drinking at sporting events has caused riots and other violence, and yet it's not banned.
you're an idiot..
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Closed Thread