Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2015, 02:36 AM   #1
jackmilas

Drives: Yaris Verso 1.3 2000 automatic
My "new" 15 year old Yaris Verso

Last month I purchased a 15 years old Yaris Verso from a private owner in Berlin. Nicely looked after with a few scratches here and there. It's 1.3 vvti with automatic transmission. When I test drove it I was impressed with how the engine, transmission and suspension worked smoothly. It's only 135000kms. For the past year the owners almost didn't use it and when I arrived battery was almost dead after over a month of not using the car. I thought it might need replacing but after recharging it the battery is perfectly fine.

After I bought it I started learning as much as possible about maintenance. I decided that since the car was very inexpensive to buy I won't be spending on regular service in expensive Toyota dealership.

I already installed daytime running lights (LED) and reverse parking sensor. All of that for less than 100 EUR.

The next step for will be to replace transmission fluid, engine oil and filters. With the transmission I want to replace the fluid 2 or 3 times within next 5000kms to flush as much old fluid as possible. It smells sweet and the color doesn't look bad but it's slightly darker than new fluid.

Currently the engine oil is 10w40. I will be replacing it with 5w30.

Here is the link to my spritmonitor car profile: http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/725585.html
jackmilas is offline   Reply With Quote