Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
revolution

Drives: 2009 JDM Toyota Vitz
Anyone know how to do Auto Folding Mirrors?

My Vitz RS has the Power Folding Mirrors, but there is a button you have to press to get them to fold in. Anybody have any ideas of how to wire them so they automatically fold in when i switch off ignition and fold out when i start the car? I think it would also need to work with the button at the same time in case of city driving and avoiding oversized vans and trucks........

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be really grateful!
Keyless-Go,8 Airbags, Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD, Reverse Camera, Nokia Bluetooth Kit, Pioneer 6.5" 230W Split System in Front, 6000K HIDs in Headlamps, 6000K HIDs in Foglamps, Afe Intake, 17" Advanti Toro Rosso Alloys with 205/45/17 Yokohama R1 Tyres, 40mm Modellista Lowering Springs...
revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
is it also power locks? just thinking if so then you could maybe wire them so that when you lock/unlock the doors, the mirrors could move in and out respectively. that'd kinda be what you want i guess. cause you are gonna have to push the lock button anyway. idk. wouldn't know how to do that but ctscott probably does. maybe he'll pop in here with a suggestion.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That's got to be some scary city driving to have to fold in your mirrors on a regular basis in traffic.

Looking at the EWD for the folding mirror, the switch assembly reverses polarity to the mirror to open or close it. The easiest way to have it still work with the switch, but also work automatically with ignition power would be to use a power window auto up/down module to do it.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
That'd be a sick upgrade though. I've got a small little garage, I could use that.