Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
hangman41

Drives: Blue '07 Toyota Yaris
Can you recommend a new stereo?

My daughter has a 2007 Yaris and it has a stock stereo. For Christmas she is looking for something under $200 that has Blutooth, cd player, radio, and an iPod docking station.

I have found several on Amazon (single and double DIN) but when you run the little app they have (at the middle , left side after finding a stereo) to see if that stereo will fit they all say "no".

Then it gives a link to see what stereos do fit and it says that there are none available.

Any suggestions on a model that fits and has these options?

Thanks in advance.
hangman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
check http://www.crutchfield.com they usually have good stock
YamilR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
I grabbed the Kenwood Excelon KDC - X794 For under $200 The X994 will be a lil bit over $200 but will have the Bluetooth

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...ivers/KDC-X794

And what does she have the Hatch or Sedan ?

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
Clintondmb

Drives: '08 3DrLB.
I can not recommend crutchfield enough. While I am lucky enough to live just a few miles from one of their retail location I would still encourage anyone to buy a stereo form them online over a brick and mortar store like Best buy. They include all the wiring harnesses and mounting hardware to adapt the head unit to the oddly shaped bezel in the yaris. They do this for any car but I didn't realize how oddly shaped it was until I took it all apart to install the new one.

Here's the Head unit I bought. I can't say enough good things about it. it plays MP#. ACC and WMA files. It has USB for Ipod or anything that will work as a USB drive. I use it with my blackberry that has an 8GB microsd card in it. The USB charges the blackberry while playing files off the card. This is great for when using the phone for it's GPS feautures.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT65...I.html?tp=5684
Clintondmb is offline   Reply With Quote