Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-04-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
steptoe
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.4d TR
Judt bought 1.4d

Just bought a Toyota Yaris 1.4d TR after our Zafira is giving up. Been a very reliable car and pulls a caravan like a tractor but its getting tired now plus ECU needs repairing which means injection pump has to come off as its a later model. Cheers Vauxhall ... and I can't be bothered is the truth not lack of spanning capability. I prefer stripping big motorbikes. So much easier

Downsized as grandkids are bigger plus daughter has a little runaround of her own now

Any suggestions, only one outstanding recall suggesting optional safety check but that's it. Read about the oil level going up due to regen not being carried out fully if used around town a lot but we use motorways on regular runs of 50 mile plus so that shouldn't be any issue, plus I can always whip the EGR valve off and clean it if I'm bored one day

Read about the water pump so I'll be watching that, seems a damn site easier than the Zafira water pump which wasn't hard either just time and a huuuge serpentine belt to take off and re-route

Oh and no luck on tracking down a manual specific to the diesel. Can the petrol models Haynes do to give an idea or are they totally different chassis. Hayes seem to be moving towards electronic manuals and pay as you go videos. I could buy an online membership for Toyota to access their TIS manuals but I've had a look today for an hour memebership and its not ideal. Used TIS manuals before with no issues but Toyota's seems a nightmare to navigate easily or pay a big wad of money for an electronic version. I think not

Thanks

Last edited by steptoe; 01-04-2018 at 01:21 PM.
steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:25 AM   #2
hichamaziz
Banned

Drives: my car is the best
me also i think not
hichamaziz is offline   Reply With Quote