Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
lol you're the one that brought up the state's rights thing. Noone else ever even mentioned that.

I brought up gun rights simply because the whole "most $x do $y" isn't a valid argument for actually doing something.
I would just suggest that you read the thread. Yes, no one said "state's rights" but, it was certainly implied.

My position is simply if your local laws require a front plate, just put one on and don't be an @$$ about it.

Now.... I'm not getting into a juvenile pissing match with anyone but, flame on if you must. I will not respond.

Last edited by RedRide; 06-03-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
They're all garbage, more government intrusion into our life. Normally I don't run one just to spite them and local cops don't even care. But the wife keeps getting bothered by Barney Fife on the way to work 1 small town over. They got nothing better to do it seems.

Well if I do end up having to drill holes, is there at least a professional looking one? One of those black ones that the plate rests in. Typically, they look like they sort of mold to the bumper cover itself. As if they are part of it. And usually are made out of black plastic.
I agree, more government intrusion. Unfortunately, here the local cops do care. I had California plates here for 2 years and had those plexiglass covers over the plates. When I got Texas plates, I bought a new plexiglass cover for the new plate. IIRC, it was that same day that I got pulled over......because the plexiglass covers aren't allowed in Texas . I asked the LEO why does Wal-Mart sell them here if they aren't legal. He rattled off a whole bunch of things that Wal-Mart sells at their stores in Texas that people aren't allowed to posess in Texas .
Old 06-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #21
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
Because it's stupid. There's already a plate on the back, why do you need one on the front? If you start making the big bucks one day and buy a nice Lambo are you going to be all excited to take a powerdrill to that mufugga because some dickhole politician thinks you need to be identified more easily?

Most industrialized countries don't have gun rights either, and all of those guys can kiss my M-11's ejection port.
^^^^^ This.... x 1000.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
I'm not trying to fan the flames... but I don't understand this...

Rear license plate: "Eh, no big deal."
Front license plate: "WTF?! Why's the government infringing on my rights and intruding in my affairs?!"

And to OP:
Did you get one of these when you got the car?

(the black plastic license plate frame on the front bumper)

Granted, you'll still be making holes in the bumper, which, if you want to take the front plate back off, can be filled in using the same screw and bolt caps like so:

I don't think you are going to get any more useful suggestions from anyone here, further than what was already suggested in your previous thread...

Old 06-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
I would just suggest that you read the thread. Yes, no one said "state's rights" but, it was certainly implied.

My position is simply if your local laws require a front plate, just put one on and don't be an @$$ about it.

Now.... I'm not getting into a juvenile pissing match with anyone but, flame on if you must. I will not respond.

1. Have you read all the statutes for your town, county, state, and the U.S. Code and follow all of them to a T (even if they are 150 years old and make no sense re modern society but were just never repealed). If not, then pot meet kettle.

2. Since when is exercising civil disobedience being an a**. It sounds as though he has a much clearer view of the spirit this country was founded on than you do.

3. Juvenile p****** match ? He didn't start it, you did.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #24
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post

1. Have you read all the statutes for your town, county, state, and the U.S. Code and follow all of them to a T (even if they are 150 years old and make no sense re modern society but were just never repealed). If not, then pot meet kettle.

2. Since when is exercising civil disobedience being an a**. It sounds as though he has a much clearer view of the spirit this country was founded on than you do.

3. Juvenile p****** match ? He didn't start it, you did.
Bullshit, he did. Read post 6. Thread closed since it turned into a political pissing thread. Grow up.
Closed Thread