Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-09-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
MrMunger
I've made a post!

Drives: 2005 - Mazda 3 GT
"Wiggle Room" to expect

Hey guys,

New to these forums. Currently looking to purchase a 2010 4dr Sedan in Ottawa, Canada and I have a few questions:

1 - What type of wiggle room I should expect on the dealers part? There are a few Toyota rebats on right now depending if I pay cash or finance but I'm just wondering what type of discount on top of these I should be expecting.

2 - I would also qualify for the $500 recent grad discount that Toyota always has. Is that amount paid directly by Toyota or is it usually partially absorbed by the dealership?

I was under the impression that since 2011 are arriving next week, they would want to get rid of the old stock but that is not the feeling on got when I went in today.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
MrMunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
I don't think there's much wiggle room at all, I got them down an additional $400 back in June. But I think because they're giving the free maintenance for 2 years and I also got 0% financing for 5 years. Plus it's the cheapest model of Toyota so that's also another reason.
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
3dr5speedblk
StickShift

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB
You get your best deal with cash!!

For me they knocked off a 1000 bucks right away with there UPFRONT pricing And $500 cash from toyota on yaris I guess they want to move them to make room for the 2011s
So 1500 off sticker would be good! Don't buy dealer add ons, paint sealant
rust proofing etc...... some dealers will really twist your arm!
Go to www.cars.com and search new cars find a dealer with the car you want
And go there to get your best deal!! don't be afraid to leave if you can't get the deal you want!! These cars are coming in by the boat load everyday!!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dr5speedblk View Post
Go to www.cars.com and search new cars find a dealer with the car you want
And go there to get your best deal!!
Note that the OP is Canadian. Site is useless to him.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMunger View Post
Hey guys,

New to these forums. Currently looking to purchase a 2010 4dr Sedan in Ottawa, Canada and I have a few questions:

1 - What type of wiggle room I should expect on the dealers part? There are a few Toyota rebats on right now depending if I pay cash or finance but I'm just wondering what type of discount on top of these I should be expecting.

2 - I would also qualify for the $500 recent grad discount that Toyota always has. Is that amount paid directly by Toyota or is it usually partially absorbed by the dealership?

I was under the impression that since 2011 are arriving next week, they would want to get rid of the old stock but that is not the feeling on got when I went in today.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

can i suggest look into the scion xb and xa theyre cheaper since they just got in canada..dont get me wrong my yaris i love but if the xb was here 3 years before i would have gone for xb cost me the exact same amount vs what i paid for rs yaris.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote