Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-24-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
Maintenance light AKA oil change light

well i'm about to hit 30k miles on my 2012. yes before some of you get on me i'll its been awhile since i been on here

anywhooo since the free oil changes have ran out from my toyota care, my question is would a jiffy lube or shell rapid lube beable to turn that maintenence light off after the oil has been changed or is there something more to it ?

hell do any of you know how to turn it off? i'm currently about 7XX miles above my scheduled oil change. i wanted to wait til i hit the 30k miles mark

thanks for any info guys !!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:39 AM   #2
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
well i'm about to hit 30k miles on my 2012. yes before some of you get on me i'll its been awhile since i been on here

anywhooo since the free oil changes have ran out from my toyota care, my question is would a jiffy lube or shell rapid lube beable to turn that maintenence light off after the oil has been changed or is there something more to it ?

hell do any of you know how to turn it off? i'm currently about 7XX miles above my scheduled oil change. i wanted to wait til i hit the 30k miles mark

thanks for any info guys !!
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ntenance+light
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Does this work on the 2012 model? all those posts are from 07...
Old 02-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Does this work on the 2012 model? all those posts are from 07...
Yes. 3rd gen uses the same procedure as 2nd gen did.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
funny we dont get that in our country on Toyota cars....and im so glad too.
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
We don't have TPMS neither.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:47 PM   #7
DJYojimbo

Drives: 2012 Grey Toyota Yaris SE
we also don't have built in navigation, backup camera, side mirror indicators, or awd. Thats what i would have gotten for my SE version in other countries haha!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #8
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
I agree. I find it slightly irritating, and sort of 'nannyish'.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #9
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJYojimbo View Post
we also don't have built in navigation, backup camera, side mirror indicators, or awd. Thats what i would have gotten for my SE version in other countries haha!!!
Wow. Is the 5-speed manual (or a 6-speed manual ) available those items (except the navigation --tolerable, but not preferred) on an SE in any other country? If a USDM model with such features existed...and it got better fuel economy than a Subaru Impreza....I'd forfeit the better turning circle of a new non-SE Yaris and get that instead of the non-SE Yaris or the Subie.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #10
CPALK719

For some reason with all my years in owning import vehicles, the U.S always gets the watered down version of these vehicles and the other countries get the fancy ones WE dream of....
Old 02-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #11
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
For some reason with all my years in owning import vehicles, the U.S always gets the watered down version of these vehicles and the other countries get the fancy ones WE dream of....

cant agree more this
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #12
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Quote:
Reason being, the subcompact hatchback only exists in the US as something to sell to people who would otherwise buy a used car. So as soon as you've paid that off, you're supposed to buy a couple of model lines higher and growner-upper. There's more money to be made in the sale of larger vehicles.

Joke's on them, I bought the Yaris used and got the MP3 player/navi/radio/BT phone hookup that was available on Euro models.

On the other hand, at least we're not getting the anemic entry level Euro hatchbacks either. One liter, 69 HP? Thanks, I'll pass.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #13
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Reason being, the subcompact hatchback only exists in the US as something to sell to people who would otherwise buy a used car. So as soon as you've paid that off, you're supposed to buy a couple of model lines higher and growner-upper. There's more money to be made in the sale of larger vehicles.

Joke's on them, I bought the Yaris used and got the MP3 player/navi/radio/BT phone hookup that was available on Euro models.

On the other hand, at least we're not getting the anemic entry level Euro hatchbacks either. One liter, 69 HP? Thanks, I'll pass.
on this.

In my opinion, the US always gets the minimal features but the cupholders and the cruise control SHOULD be an available option if not standard. Sunroof is usually part of the top trim.

Euro ones can get the smallest engine or the most economical ones (diesel), and at the same time get all the extra convenience features. (auto Climate control? check. 1.8L gas for a subcompact? check. auto-adjusting HID headlights? check) they also usually come with more chrome on the design.

Australian ones get the best features (similar to euro top-end models) and engine options of diesel.

Japanese usually get the best features (as euro) like sunroof and power retract mirrors but usually no anemic engine or diesel option.

Asian versions get the usual power options (necessary convenience options) like power mirrors and power locks, but usually no more than the standard convenience options. (no auto-adjusting headlights, no auto CC)

Unfortunately for us yaris owners, only the Philippines and US are LHD ones which are active in YW or maybe active internationally lolz. that's a bummer when it comes to "interior-exchange options."
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #14
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
^ Most of Europe are LHD...
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #15
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
It's ambivalent.
I can speed like mad in town (seldom got overtaken at a traffic light ) and still get 38MPG.
On a level road (sadly they aren't where I live), 50MPG are possible without big effort.
dj92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #16
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
That's what I mean, and that's what jcboy elaborated upon.

In der Stadt fahre ich übrigens normalerweise so um die 40 bis 60 mph und kriege immer noch 35 mpg ;)

Und meine Radioblende kam von Taxi-Einkauf Bayern.

Anyway, yeah, it's always greener on the other side. I could always drop in the 1.8 liter engine from a Matrix ;)
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:11 AM   #17
frambach

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
my question is would a jiffy lube or shell rapid lube beable to turn that maintenence light off after the oil has been changed or is there something more to it ?
They'll be able to do it, no problem.

Now, ask yourself if you trust what they are putting in...?

A recent API testing has revealed that 1 in 5 bulk motor oils do not meet API standards.
http://www.api.org/news-and-media/ne...ance-standards

Changing the oil on the Yaris is easy. It is my recommendation that you do it yourself with a high quality oil and oil filter. That way, you know it's done right and you aren't worried about the quality of products being used on your vehicle.
frambach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #18
mirapatec

Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB
The dealerships do charge a little more for the oil change and multi-point inspection instead of going to some other service facility. However, I would like to think that the dealerships have all the necessary equipment and knowledge to do the job correctly. Plus, I get a print-out copy of the authorized work for my records. Not that I plan on selling my Yaris anytime soon, but a thorough log of all work ever done might help a potential buyer to know proper care was taken of the vehicle.

mirapatec is offline   Reply With Quote