Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Area > YarisUniverse
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
kargoboy

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan/'03 Protege
ALL-NEW PRODUCT LINE: DISC ITALIA ROTORS and PADS

Special Introductory Sale, PM for pricing

Drilled/Slotted and Slotted Rotors

Disc Italia is widely recognized as one of the world's highest quality racing brake rotor manufacturers. They are made from unique high carbon steel castings which reduce noise, and vibrations caused by the brake system, and are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Their drilled and slotted cast rotors provide a bold, aggressive appearance. The bi-chamfered holes help prevent stress cracking which occur in lower quality rotors, and improve air circulation throughout the brake disc; this allows for the disc to operate at cooler temperatures than a traditional brake rotor. The end result is a rotor that outperforms and outlasts the competition while providing smooth, consistent braking throughout the life of the rotor. Disc Italia brake rotors are compatible with stock calipers, and pads, and do not require any special modification to install.

Titanium-Kevlar Pads

The Disc Italia Titanium Kevlar brake pads are designed for today's most demanding drivers. They provide very high friction co-efficient levels & increased braking performance. Disc Italia pads [although not required] are optimized to perform with drilled or slotted rotors. The unique Titanium coated fibers strengthen the pad, giving it increased pad life ensuring you receive a long-lasting smooth operating brake pad, and provide the pad with greater resistance to brake fade. The Titanium Kevlar formulation emits extremely low levels of brake dust ensuring that your brake pads run virtually dust free. All this is achieved without the pad being overly aggressive on your rotors. Each pad sets include integrated constrained layered anti-squeal shims, and the backing plates come with a corrosion-resistant black powder-coated finish. Experience the future of brake friction materials, experience Disc Italia.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24-drilledslotted.jpg (108.4 KB, 332 views)
File Type: gif 24-sloted.gif (34.1 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg TKred_box_new.jpg (116.1 KB, 330 views)
Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
What is the difference between the drilled and slotted discs? (apart from drill holes and slots) Do they perform differently?

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
Old 11-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
different heat dissapation? aesthetics sometimes if its bad quality rotors like on ebay ones
Old 11-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
kargoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
What is the difference between the drilled and slotted discs? (apart from drill holes and slots) Do they perform differently?
Heat and moisture dissipation under hard braking. If you track your car it's definitely the way to go. If you just like to engage in some spirited driving
the slotted only would be enough, although a lot of people just like the look. The addition of slots and holes will take a toll over time on your pads.
The Titanium/Kevlar pads are designed to work with these rotors and discourage
premature wear.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
sweeet..
Old 11-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
if you do decide to get some drilled or drilled and slotted, get good stuff like these, stay away from no name brands or cheapo ones. they will warp and/or crack.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
kargoboy

As soon as I get enough money together I'm getting them for my Protege.
My wife doesn't drive the Yaris hard enough, lol.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
kargoboy

Bump!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
MaxT

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
I purchased a set of the Italia slotted rotors and the pads. Quality is excellent. I do not race so the slotted rotors do not necessarily help but they do look very good through my wheels. The stopping is much better and I attribute that to the new higher quality pads. Well worth the cost.

Installation was easy if you have confidence in replacing brakes. You have to remove two 14MM bolts to get the calipers off to replace the pads. There is a couple other steps in replacing the pads. The original pads have two removable shims on each pad. The new Italia pads have one permanent shim installed on each pad. I took the outside stainless shim off of the original pad and clipped it on the new pads to make the same size pads. You also have to remove a small spring clip from the top of each original pad and attach it to the new pads. Again easy if you are conficent changing brakes, otherwise get help or pay someone.

If you are replacing the rotors you must remove two 19MM bolds holding the caliper cradle on. The rotor should them almost fall off. One side did for me but the other had slightly rusted into the wheel axle but a rubber mallet got it off. Toyota also puts two drilled and tapped holes that you can thread a bolt into to push the rotor loose if needed.

I love the look and feel of the brakes. I'm going to change the lines next because I think that will make the biggest difference due to pressure loss. If you need new pads or rotors, I highly recommend these. If you live in South Georgia or North Florida, I'll gladly help.

Max
Old 12-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #10
kargoboy

Thanks for the nice review!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
kargoboy

Bump!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #12
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxT View Post
I purchased a set of the Italia slotted rotors and the pads. Quality is excellent. I do not race so the slotted rotors do not necessarily help but they do look very good through my wheels. The stopping is much better and I attribute that to the new higher quality pads. Well worth the cost.

Installation was easy if you have confidence in replacing brakes. You have to remove two 14MM bolts to get the calipers off to replace the pads. There is a couple other steps in replacing the pads. The original pads have two removable shims on each pad. The new Italia pads have one permanent shim installed on each pad. I took the outside stainless shim off of the original pad and clipped it on the new pads to make the same size pads. You also have to remove a small spring clip from the top of each original pad and attach it to the new pads. Again easy if you are conficent changing brakes, otherwise get help or pay someone.

If you are replacing the rotors you must remove two 19MM bolds holding the caliper cradle on. The rotor should them almost fall off. One side did for me but the other had slightly rusted into the wheel axle but a rubber mallet got it off. Toyota also puts two drilled and tapped holes that you can thread a bolt into to push the rotor loose if needed.

I love the look and feel of the brakes. I'm going to change the lines next because I think that will make the biggest difference due to pressure loss. If you need new pads or rotors, I highly recommend these. If you live in South Georgia or North Florida, I'll gladly help.

Max
nice write up but do you have pictures of finished product????
Closed Thread