Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
Stiv

Drives: Yaris TS 1,8L
What to spend money on

I'd like to buy NSTSSK09-2 In Cabin Short Shift Kit.
This components are so light weight that the shipment price is the same if I also buy Cable and Cage Bushings.
All 3 items may be to expensive at this time.
So can someone please tell me if bushings really make that much of a difference. And if i had to chose one of them, what would it be, cage or cable?
Thanks in advance
Stiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
I have the engine short shift kit and cable bushings. Bushings improved the feel even more, making it firmer in my opinion.

I was told the Cage bushings don't have as much of an effect, but still would make it feel different obviously.

So if you were getting the Cabin Short Shift kit and only had to pick the one bushing, i'd go with the Cable Bushings.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
Stiv

Drives: Yaris TS 1,8L
Thanks, and btw. you have PM :)
Stiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
I have a TS and I have the original SSK and the shifter busshings.

Both the SSk and the bushings that go on the engine bay.

Those are more effective and esaier to install.

Is a great mod?

Also, do you know that NSt just released this week their Underdrive crank pulley for the Yaris TS? Mine is on transit to me right now!
That's also a great mod and if you are pying shipping to your country you might as well get the pulley to.

Where are you buying your stuff from?

Microimageonline.com carries all these parts and the will ship any were in the world for real cheap!
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Yes we will. I would leave out the cage bushings if necessary -- least effect out of the complete set.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Just to be different i have the SSK-02 in cabin short shifter and cage bushes
cage bushes do make a minor differrance in the they stop all movment
of the cage it self , still a good mod though if you are doing the SSK-02

The short sifter love it

and i purchased it from THE MAN above , Thanks Garm.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote