Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #91
bairjo

Better late than never...just installed a Prius wiper stalk on my 2010. For shits and giggles I threw together a video of my install. I know full well that CTSotts directions and photos are outstanding in explaing this but I like making videos to show how easy his instructions are to follow. Sometimes photos alone don't show that. I am looking forward to ordering his rear wiper module in the next few months. Thanks CTSott for all your efforts. Also I almost forgot, I have an extra Prius wiper stalk if anyone is interested in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jicAgDNE4Is
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #92
steelvulture

Drives: 2012 Yaris
Do the parts listed in the main post also work for 2012+? If not, are there any parts that would work for 2012+?
steelvulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #93
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvulture View Post
Do the parts listed in the main post also work for 2012+? If not, are there any parts that would work for 2012+?
I am about 90% sure that the same parts will work for the 2012+. The stalk looks the same as the 06-11 and the connectors are the same and have the same pinouts (although for whatever reason the yellow and blue wires on the left connector have the opposite colors, but same functions as the 06-11).
Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #94
D&D
It's Quacktastic!

Drives: '07 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
No. The Prius headlight switch has different connectors.
Does the Prius headlight switch physically fit in the Yaris though? Could we possibly get a Prius headlight stalk connector and swap the Yaris pins into it for it to work?

Just wondering if any of this is possible since a Prius headlight switch with fog control can be found for half or less than half the cost of the Yaris stalk with fog control.

D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #95
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&D View Post
Does the Prius headlight switch physically fit in the Yaris though? Could we possibly get a Prius headlight stalk connector and swap the Yaris pins into it for it to work?

Just wondering if any of this is possible since a Prius headlight switch with fog control can be found for half or less than half the cost of the Yaris stalk with fog control.

I believe the stalk would fit, but the function is very different as the Prius headlight stalk is an input device for the body ECU, which then does the light control switching. It most likely could be made to work, but may require adding a couple of relays.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #96
ricepower

Drives: Yaris Y Sedan
Send a message via MSN to ricepower Send a message via Yahoo to ricepower
Any cross reference p/n's for the yaris sedan wiper stalk? It seems like they are the same with corolla and camry.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #97
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Well that was easy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=321349220635

Cheap, good condition, took less than ten minutes.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #98
duende_80

Drives: Toyota yaris D4D
Hi all, floated this topic because when I use the English to Spanish translator and not be 100% effective I wanted to ask you something.

According to the translator yaris have intermittent speed rear wiper, but in mine if you have intermittent speed at position having command and continuously when water flows out of the back glass.

A greeting.

Spanish:

Hola a todos, refloto este tema ya que al usar el traductor ingles a espaņol y no ser efectivo al 100% os queria preguntar una cosa.

Segun el traductor los yaris no tienen velocidad intermitente en el limpiaparabrisas trasero, pero en el mio si tiene velocidad intermitente en la posicion que tiene el mando y continua cuando sale agua por el cristal de atras.

Un saludo.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #99
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by duende_80 View Post
Hi all, floated this topic because when I use the English to Spanish translator and not be 100% effective I wanted to ask you something.

According to the translator yaris have intermittent speed rear wiper, but in mine if you have intermittent speed at position having command and continuously when water flows out of the back glass.

A greeting.

Spanish:

Hola a todos, refloto este tema ya que al usar el traductor ingles a espaņol y no ser efectivo al 100% os queria preguntar una cosa.

Segun el traductor los yaris no tienen velocidad intermitente en el limpiaparabrisas trasero, pero en el mio si tiene velocidad intermitente en la posicion que tiene el mando y continua cuando sale agua por el cristal de atras.

Un saludo.

With the factory wiper switch the Yaris does not have a rear intermittent setting. It is either ON, OFF, or in the water spray mode.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #100
duende_80

Hello CTScott, our operation is off does nothing, in on doing intermittent wipe and spray the water makes continuous, also has another position to just spray the water, so my question is the intermittent wipe.

Ours is this command:

And I'm going to buy is this:

I want auto function because I want to put a rain sensor.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #101
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Hello CTScott, our operation is off does nothing, in on doing intermittent wipe and spray the water makes continuous, also has another position to just spray the water, so my question is the intermittent wipe.

Ours is this command:

And I'm going to buy is this:

I want auto function because I want to put a rain sensor.
With ours the rear does not have an intermittent mode, just the front does. If you install a Prius wiper switch there is an unused position which can be used to control an intermittent add on module.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #102
duende_80

Quote:
With ours the rear does not have an intermittent mode, just the front does. If you install a Prius wiper switch there is an unused position which can be used to control an intermittent add on module.
The question is that mine does not have the continuous function unless you pull the water sprayer.

I put a video I made this afternoon with the operation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN5kz8EkJag
Old 08-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #103
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
The question is that mine does not have the continuous function unless you pull the water sprayer.

I put a video I made this afternoon with the operation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN5kz8EkJag

Interesting. Check the wiring going into the wiper switch to see if someone installed a wiper delay module. In the ON mode they normally run continuously, like yours does in the spray mode.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #104
duende_80

Quote:
Interesting. Check the wiring going into the wiper switch to see if someone installed a wiper delay module. In the ON mode they normally run continuously, like yours does in the spray mode.
The truth is that if someone has installed a module or something has been in the actual assembly of toyota since we bought the car new, the truth that I dread plug and non-plug and play like your tutorials.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #105
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
The truth is that if someone has installed a module or something has been in the actual assembly of toyota since we bought the car new, the truth that I dread plug and non-plug and play like your tutorials.
I just realized you are in Spain. For some crazy reason I had assumed you were in Puerto Rico (with a US spec Yaris). Now, I am thinking that the European Yaris has something different about the internals of the wiper switch that causes the delay in ON mode.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #106
duende_80

Quote:
I just realized you are in Spain. For some crazy reason I had assumed you were in Puerto Rico (with a US spec Yaris). Now, I am thinking that the European Yaris has something different about the internals of the wiper switch that causes the delay in ON mode.
If could be that the European version instead of intermittent and continuous scan so serious safer backwards that you would lose, continuous sweep.

What most interests me is that it is compatible with the car and can put without problems that do not match the wires to the main functions.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #107
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
If could be that the European version instead of intermittent and continuous scan so serious safer backwards that you would lose, continuous sweep.

What most interests me is that it is compatible with the car and can put without problems that do not match the wires to the main functions.
I just looked at the European wiring diagrams and there are two versions (with intermittent and without intermittent). The intermittent function is built into the wiper motor assembly, not into the switch.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #108
duende_80

Quote:
I just looked at the European wiring diagrams and there are two versions (with intermittent and without intermittent). The intermittent function is built into the wiper motor assembly, not into the switch.

CTScott Hi, I could not answer before as I have been out all day and gone to buy the command of clean, but the joy did not last long.
In my car the rear wiper works perfectly, the two positions, intermittent and continuous, but have been to test the front and the front turn signal does not work and if I give the water sprayer expels water only and do not move the clean, I guess it has something to do with the four wires to a connector that brings greater.