Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #1
dutchbro8
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Rear Hatch Problem

I have a 2007 3dr. The hatch will no longer close because the latch has itself close and therefore won't let me close the latch. It's been suggested to me to slide in a screwdriver to release a spring or rod that will allow the latch to be released again but I haven't been able to do that yet. Any suggestions?
dutchbro8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That's all you need to do - Stick the screwdriver in the latch's hole and then push the open button on the hatch while pulling the screwdriver through the slot to rotate the latch to the correct position.

I sometimes manually flip mine in that position when I haul something that sticks out the back. I latch the lock and then hook a bungee cord there. To put it back in the correct position I just use the bungee hook as the screwdriver.