Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #1
Flailan
Toyota driver since 1981

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Water/Alcohol injection plate

I have found some pictures on the net of the TRD system but plan to build my own design of injection system. First I have done this on some on my other cars for a couple of reasons 1. To raise the octane of regular gas at the pump. 2. To keep the combustion chamber clean. As this really isn't for performance but is recommended for anyone running a turbo or supercharger to lower the combustion temperature I would like some input on injecting higher alcohol levels as a poor man's NOS. Some of my previous systems ran off manifold vacuum they only worked at idle and just kept the engine clean. The real systems required a pump (in trunk) and all necessary switches, wiring and tubing to supply fluid proportional to rpm for proper injection. Any comments on doing this with a plastic intake manifold relating to fluid temperature? I have plans to build an aluminum intake with the larger throttle body and am reading the threads now because I am to cheap to pay the big bucks for a couple of horse power.
Flailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
Flailan
Toyota driver since 1981

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Also what car am I looking for at the junk yard for intake manifold and throttle body to start with?
Flailan is offline   Reply With Quote