Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #19
Yaris2910

Drives: yaris sedan 2007
how about the header that is selling on ebay?

any comments non dc header type.....
Yaris2910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #20
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Did you take the time to read my first post in this thread?

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #21
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
Loren - thank you for the write up. I'm interested in a set and now I'm researching the best place to buy from. Besides that, what would you recommend for the rest of the exhaust system? Is it even worth replacing the rest? I'm looking for more torque and hp, but not at the expense of increased noise or decrease in fuel economy.

Thanks for your opinion.
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #22
gmodder
Riceman43

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3door
Where can i get one of these in the US..
gmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #23
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
I'm still running the stock exhaust because I don't think there's much torque to gain and it's not worth it to me to put up with all the rattles and squeaks and exhaust noise of a custom exhaust, or the poor quality of a typical cheap aftermarket exhaust. When I'm at the track, I sometimes wish the car was louder, but I've gotten used to it. Any other time, I like it being quiet.

Now, don't get me wrong, there may not be much low-mid range torque to gain, but there probably is some high-end HP to gain by opening the exhaust up. Maybe as much as another 3-5 HP. It's all in how badly you want it.

Gmodder, try Google.

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #24
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
it's not worth it to me to put up with all the rattles and squeaks and exhaust noise of a custom exhaust, or the poor quality of a typical cheap aftermarket exhaust.
Exhaust note ok, but the exhausts I sell do not rattle or squeak and they are not of poor quality.

Meanwhile... DC Sports was acquired by another company and there are no Yaris headers in production at this time. IF you can find a company with one in stock, you'll be very lucky indeed.

Summit Racing confirmed that they are "special order", and that they have no idea when that means they might be able to get one, if ever.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #25
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
Cali Yaris - of the header(s) you sell, which would be comparable to the DC Sport version? For my situation I would prefer one that helps with low end torque. I do not take my car on the track.

Honestly I have not spent the time reviewing hp and torque dyno sheets from the various companies. Fit and finish is important as well. Thanks!
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #26
gmodder
Riceman43

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3door
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Exhaust note ok, but the exhausts I sell do not rattle or squeak and they are not of poor quality.

Meanwhile... DC Sports was acquired by another company and there are no Yaris headers in production at this time. IF you can find a company with one in stock, you'll be very lucky indeed.

Summit Racing confirmed that they are "special order", and that they have no idea when that means they might be able to get one, if ever.
So which one that you have for sale do you recommend...Only running the Tanabe Medallion everything else is stock. Except for the AFE
gmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #27
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I ran the Tanabe Medalion you have also, I really liked that exhaust. I used the Megan Racing header, worked great. Never heard of one cracking or failing. As for fit and finish, it's a nice piece. It's also back there behind the motor where no one can appreciate it.

Opening up the exhaust with a header and such will net you a few horsepower - I honestly think there is very little difference from brand to brand on our little motor.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #28
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
i agree....theres not much to work with here. pipe sizes will all b relatively the same, and if you want a stock replacement then you definitely should be more concerned with quality than performance...

performance wise....about the only thing you can do is a custom long tube header. move the cat back, extend the wire harness, heat shield the cat and go a complete custom exhaust from there.

it's not like a v-8 car where you have shorties, mids, longtubes, cut-outs, e-cut-outs or whatever else is out there. u got one option, and thats' short for now.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #29
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Somewhat OT, but I have heard from a few people that headers can make your exhaust note cound like crap. Has anyone installed a header and noticed their exhaust sounding much more "ricey" ?
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #30
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:

I just wanted to throw this out there, ebay motors is selling the DC header for our Vitz....pricey but enough in stock. I just cant see myself paying $270+ shipping on it at the moment... I really really want one though~
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #31
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
Quote:
The stock header also pinches the tubes right before the collector -- totally restrictive.

I made 15 whp increase (on the dyno) from intake, header, pulleys and axle-back exhaust. Peterpoop, I think you are incorrect that the header didn't account for any of that gain.

what intake?
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #32
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
For anyone who may be looking for this header... You may want to look here...
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...661#post366661

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #33
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

or here, for $269 shipped and in stock:
http://www.shop.microimageonline.com...1&categoryId=9

Quote:
I just cant see myself paying $270+ shipping on it at the moment... I really really want one though~
Agreed. There is nothing magical about the DC sports header, the Megan Racing is every bit as good for nearly $100 less. And that's coming from a vendor that carries both.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #34
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Yaris owners now have TWO awesome vendors from which to purchase the DC header!!!

NST + MI = FTW

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #35
DerFlosser

Drives: Yaris
how difficult is the installation?
DerFlosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #36
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

It's not difficult and uses regular tools. Reaching behind the motor to get at the bolts is a little tedious but doable. Better if you can get up in there from underneath as well (for the two bolts that connect to the midpipe.