Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
smurf47

Drives: Yaris KSP90
KSP90 with code U0129 and many things not working?

I have a KSP90 with big problems.
Not working: PS (light is on and it is not functional), Power windows, key reminder and other stuff to.
Engine is starting and running just fine, but the code comes as soon as the ignition is on.
I know it is related to the canbus system, but I don’t know where to start searching.
I have tried connecting a known faulty ABS actuator, that on another car gave a different code. On my Yaris it still gives me U0129. It is the same with the actuator plug not connected.
I have the top of the instrument panel of, but there is no sign of anything strange.

Any idea’s?

Best regards Ulrik

Last edited by smurf47; 05-15-2011 at 12:53 PM.
smurf47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf47 View Post
I have a KSP90 with big problems.
Not working: PS (light is on and it is not functional), Power windows, key reminder and other stuff to.
Engine is starting and running just fine, but the code comes as soon as the ignition is on.
I know it is related to the canbus system, but I don’t know where to start searching.
I have tried connecting a known faulty ABS actuator, that on another car gave a different code. On my Yaris it still gives me U0129. It is the same with the actuator plug not connected.
I have the top of the instrument panel of, but there is no sign of anything strange.

Any idea’s?

Best regards Ulrik

U0129 indicates that the combination meter is not communicating with the skid control ECU. If you have another car to swap parts with, try swapping the combination meter. If that doesn't do it, then you will need to check the Skid control ECU's wiring for damage.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
smurf47

I have now swapped the ABS Actuator with a brand new one. The problem is still the same. I will try to find a similar car, and swap the meter unit.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
smurf47

The meter was not the problem :(
Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
The meter was not the problem :(
OK. If it's not the ABS ECU and not the meter, then it must be something in between (i.e. the wiring). I would very carefully inspect the wiring to the ABS ECU, paying particular close attention to the twisted pair of wires, which is the CAN bus wiring.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
smurf47

I will start checking wires.

What about the ECM unit, can the problem come from the ECM? And can I just swap it, if I find a KSP90? The meter was from a 1.3, but the spare part number was the same.

Last edited by smurf47; 05-18-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I will start checking wires.

What about the ECM unit, can the problem come from the ECM? And can I just swap it, if I find a KSP90? The meter was from a 1.3, but the spare part number was the same.
It could possibly be the ECM. ECMs can be swapped without causing any issues, as long as the ECM is for a KSP90 with the same transmission type.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
smurf47

I have not had much time to look at my Yaris the last few weeks:(
I have measured the canbus system, but can’t really find any errors. Then today I disconnected the D33 connector from the main body ecu and the lock clicked. Now the front left power window works, but only the left one. I checked for DTC´s and it was the same thing, U0129:( I put back the connector in the body ecu and the power window did not work again.