Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #19
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07liftback View Post
Hey, thanks alot for the write-up!

Are sedan and hatchback window regulators interchangeable? According to an ebay listing, the seller states that they are but I just wanted to confirm.

Do you also have a link to where you purchased your switches/relays? Is it possible to use a stock toyota relay for this? Where did you wire the relay to for the signal? I was thinking about wiring the relay to the cluster and it's main 12v to the battery directly.

Sorry for all the noob questions and thanks again!
Sedan and 5 door liftback ones are interchangeable. 3 door liftback ones are unique.

I purchased the switches from a1electric.com

You can not use a stock Toyota relay, as it would require changing the body ECU (since the relay lives within there) and the body ECU is within the under dash fuse panel.

An aftermarket power window relay is your best option as it directly wires to the window motors. For where to grab ignition switched and high-current power, see my remote start DIY below:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860
Old 03-30-2014, 02:06 AM   #20
07liftback

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Thanks for the quick followup!
07liftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #21
edavidrock

Drives: Yaris
2010 Totota Yaris Sedan without Power locks and windows

Hi Scott,
I recently bought a after market power windows and locks kit for my yaris. I am planing to install it by myself. I can install everything but I don't have knowledge about how I can get the main power and the ground. Could you please give some advice for that?
Also when I opened the rear door I saw round unused prong plug after removing rubber bush that was connected to the body. Those plugs are in both side. Can I use this plug or wires to install the power window kits. Is it just installing the fuse so there will be power to these wires?

Thank you
edavidrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #22
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by edavidrock View Post
Hi Scott,
I recently bought a after market power windows and locks kit for my yaris. I am planing to install it by myself. I can install everything but I don't have knowledge about how I can get the main power and the ground. Could you please give some advice for that?
Also when I opened the rear door I saw round unused prong plug after removing rubber bush that was connected to the body. Those plugs are in both side. Can I use this plug or wires to install the power window kits. Is it just installing the fuse so there will be power to these wires?

Thank you
Look at my remote start DIY for where to grab power in the under dash fuse panel and ground at the various chassis ground bolts.

I would need to see a picture of the connector you found. You may be able to use the wires, but the non-power body ECU won't supply power to them, so you would just be using the wires.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #23
edavidrock

Thank you very much. I found the document. Is it the thick black wire or blue wire?
And is there specific way to connect these wires? Do I have to cut the wire?

Also I will send you a picture of the connector later that I am talking earlier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (100.7 KB, 135 views)
Old 11-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

The red wire that the arrow points to. That is an empty connector for a fusible link, but a 1/4" spade terminal fits perfectly onto it.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:54 PM   #25
edavidrock

thank you very much!
Old 11-15-2014, 12:25 AM   #26
edavidrock

Hi Scott,
My yaris rear doors don't have any holes to take wires out from the inside the door. What do you recommend me to do? Can I drill a hole?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #27
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by edavidrock View Post
Hi Scott,
My yaris rear doors don't have any holes to take wires out from the inside the door. What do you recommend me to do? Can I drill a hole?

Thanks
Hmm. I have never dealt with adding it to a 5 door Yaris. If you drill the door and frame you will need some type of a wire boot to prevent water from entering either side.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #28
edavidrock

hi Scott, here is the picture of the unused prong plug after removing rubber bush that was connected to the body. Can I use that?
And third picture shows the fuse and plugs under the dash boar. Could you please let me know which one is the +12v?

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plug1.JPG (80.9 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg plug2.JPG (56.5 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg under the dash board.JPG (93.8 KB, 126 views)
Old 07-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #29
ricardocanedo621

Drives: 2008 Yaris 2 dr Liftback
Is it possible to use OEM switches to control the windows and aftermarket power locks?
ricardocanedo621 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power windows