Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
Chickon

Drives: Mazda RX-8
No Option Combination #B for Manual Liftback????

Its not for me, my gf needs a car and shes paying out of her own pocket so ....

Anyway, I checked the Toyota site, and for the Liftback,

How come the Auto can pick Option Combination #B and Manual cant ?

Is it a site problem ? or the Manual CANNOT get Power Window/Locks/etc.(#B)

if thats the case, I dont even think she will even get it, I mean come on, NO POWER WINDOWS ?

Thanks
Chickon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
I don't have the answer but would suggest you get on Toyota's web site and when you go to the Yaris build, you can also chat live with a Yaris "expert".....

Good luck.

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #3
Chickon

I did that and, the Yaris "expert" told me to go call a Toyota Dealer ....

DUH

They really think I never thought of that? but Im kinda sick of these dealer kept asking me about "whats your number" "are you going to get one today?" kind of questions (before I have a chance to ask them for options)
Old 05-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #4
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Are you a COSTCO member?

Try going through their buying service- accessible thru COSTCO website. They will refer you to local Totyota dealer on the program.

We dealt with Fleet Manager and right upfront were offered COSTCO deal of MSRP less $500 on a stick-shift liftback. Drove it off lot less than 2 weeks later.

Did a similar deal to get our new 4Runner Sport V8 in late Feb for Invoice + $500.

We were never hassled and fleet mgr was very accomodating about it all once he figured out we were serious buyers. He has enough business that he works on an appointment only basis.

Just an idea for you.

Lou
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:18 PM   #5
Chickon

Bullshit.

I just went to a dealer today. and as I've guess. Theres NO power Package for the Liftback.

I was like what the, who the HELL WANTS TO ROLL THE WINDOWS UP NOWDAYS , COME ON ! NOT LIKE I CANT AFFORD IT !

sigh ...

Thanks for the Costco advice tho. I knew about it quite a while ago, but I always annoy the dealers until I get couple hundred below invoice so ... hehe

Thanks ;)

but ... now I probably have to find another car, cuz theres no POWER WINDOWS !

Thanks Toyota !
(P.S: if theres some aftermarket upgrade I dont mind but ...)
Old 05-18-2006, 01:20 AM   #6
chuchu

Drives: 97 Impreza
Maybe I'm missing something, but when I went to Toyota's site, under options for the LiftBack, it shows power windows, etc.. available under power package 3.

Power Package [3] -- includes power door locks, power windows, power outside mirrors, 60/40 split, reclining, sliding, fold-flat rear seat, AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability and auxiliary audio jack, rear window wiper, rear defroster and 15-in. aluminum alloy wheels
chuchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:17 AM   #7
Chickon

The thing is the Manual Liftback does NOT come with POwer Package. This is the stupid part.

At least its not going to be out in my area. I have no idea wth those region manager thinks, who the FUXK wants a car w/o Power Window nowdays ...
Old 05-18-2006, 08:56 AM   #8
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
I think there is only 1 LB owner on this board that has the power package. It is available on the LB, it is just very rare.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:10 AM   #9
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Its all according to the location you are at. If you put in a NY or CT zip code when you go to build the Yaris on toyota.com the B package will not show up. If you go and put in a PA or even Maryland zip code you will see that they do offer the B package with the Yaris LB manual. You can then go ahead and order it. A dealer in PA has offered to order me one the way I want. Still waiting to see one in person first. Even if it isn't the exact one I want. I want to see the car before I do anything.
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #10
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
We are the only U.S. M/T LB owners with a Power Pkg??? Got to be someone else!

We are going to the dealership tonight for an open house for recent purchasers (free food, free oil chng certificate) so I will inquire how many loaded LB's with M/T have are being shipped in to this area (PNW).

Now have over 800 miles on our Yaris. Went for ride to several nearby rural towns (forested areas with curvy roads). It ran sooooooo smooth - shifting, acceleration, braking, etc. The A/C also works really well - it's been in the 80's & 90's here.

Lou
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:44 PM   #11
Chickon

I live in New York. and I asked 2 NY dealers that they cant order it if its not on Toyota's website , dont know if they bs or not but ...

Anyway, if, lets just say IF I do have to order one from Maryland? whats the process ? Do I have to register over there ? I've never shop a car outside of NY before so I have no idea what do I have to do. and I think they have to ship the car to me right?

and, whats the Maryland dealer(or whatever thtas clost to NY) zip code? so I can try to get one.

MANY THANKS !
Old 05-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #12
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
You can buy a car in any state in the union. You'll have to pay that states sales tax, but that is about it.

You could have it shipped, but you could also just go pick it up.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #13
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
You can buy a car in any state in the union. You'll have to pay that states sales tax, but that is about it.

You could have it shipped, but you could also just go pick it up.

NOPE... I believe that is wrong WHY? You only have to pay the sales tax for the state you live in once you register it. The dealership will give you the temp tags so you can get your butt home. Then once home you need to go to your licensing place and pay the tax and register it. I purchased a vehicle once in NJ and they actually did everything for me even though I was from another state. I paid the tax from the state I live in only

~Don't have it shipped. Just go and pick it up..... Also since you are in NY take a look at NJ. I think they offer the B package too. Its only NY and CT that I know of in the area that doesn't offer the B package.

Try looking up PA or NJ. Its alot closer for you then going to Maryland.
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #14
Chickon

I tried the NJ zip code but B still didnt show up. sigh .... Cuz NJ is part of the "Greater New York" ... CT as well ....

Let me find a PA one thats closest to NJ ...

Last edited by Chickon; 05-19-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:00 AM   #15
DARK505

Drives: Subaru Impreza WRX
Quote:
Option Combination #B $2,350
- 4-wheel Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) w/Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)( AB)
- 50 States Emission( FE)
- All-Weather Guard Package( CP)
- Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags & Front & Rear Side Curtain Airbags[1]( GY)
- Power Package Includes: Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Power Outside Mirrors, 60/40 Split, Reclining, Sliding, Fold-flat Rear Seat, AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA Playback Capability and Auxiliary Audio Jack, Rear Window Wiper, Rear Defroster and 15-in. Steel Wheels( PQ)
It shows it is availible here in New Mexico, but unfortunately the cars are sold before they hit the showroom floor. I am on the waiting list but (like i mentioned in the other thread) they told me when i am on the top of waiting list they will call me with the car that is availible (not necessarily the one i want).
DARK505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #16
Chickon

ok, just found the cloest dealer in PA .... and yes they have the power Package ! but for some reason ... theres no airbag option ..... man Toyota is REALLY GAY !

I like my RX8 more now .... Mazda dont confuse customer like Toyota does ...

Anyway ...

I just sent some Quote to 3 of them .... I asked them to give me the price on the same model, whoever gets me the best price wins the deal.

If they dont send me the price over the internet, dont expect me to even consider them.

Waiting for reply ...

Last edited by Chickon; 05-19-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:35 AM   #17
DARK505

Drives: Subaru Impreza WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickon
ok, just found the cloest dealer in PA .... and yes they have the power Package ! but for some reason ... theres no airbag option ..... man Toyota is REALLY GAY !

I like my RX8 more now .... Mazda dont confuse customer like Toyota does ...

Anyway ...

I just sent some Quote to 3 of them .... I asked them to give me the price on the same model, whoever gets me the best price wins the deal.

If they dont send me the price over the internet, dont expect me to even consider them.

Waiting for reply ...
No airbag option...

Well from my experience using the "contact dealer" or "get a price quote" buttons all i have recieved was emails saying "My name is xxxxx,come on in and ask for me so we can take a test drive and ill be more than happy to set you up with a new Yaris".
One problem i have found as far as trying to get an exact price is that they do not know what they are getting untill it is allocated to them... and usually by that time its already sold. At the shop i put my deposit in they had recieved a shipment of X amount of cars, all but one were sold within hours. The only one left was the S sedan i tested. They have 3 coming in this month... all pre-sold. :( Ive looked in phoniex, denver, las cruces, el paso and of course albuquerque and no one has any that arent pre-sold.
If you really one one put the deposit in asap... every dealer i have talked to basically told me that if i didnt have a deposit i would have to be in the right place at the right time, and since most (at least in my area) are presold.....
DARK505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:49 AM   #18
Chickon

Err .... maybe I should wait a couple of months until the shipments starting to show ?

I still dont like the idea of "Great New York will not need power package for Manual"

Why? Do they honestly think that no one drives a Manual in the City?

bunch of morons