Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
Toyota scaling back models?

Interesting article discussing Toyota's future plans.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...une-car-lineup

The beginning is not that surprising- they want to make more of the high dollar vehicles(i.e. TRD, big SUVs). However, it looks like we could be seeing some effect on our beloved Yaris! They specifically call out the Yaris, Corolla, and Prius as having too many models and wanting to trim the lineup. I'm not sure if that means no more Yaris iA or regular Yaris instead. I realize Toyota doesn't make a lot of money on these cars, but isn't the whole point of having entry-level vehicles to get folks into the brand and create loyalty?

Maybe they will let Mazda have the iA(it's really a Mazda anyways), badge it as a Mazda2 and let us keep the awesome little regular Yaris? I guess if you want choices with Toyota in the future you better be willing to pay up!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote