Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
Matsuhiko
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Front lights became "foggy"

Hi there,
I am a happy owner of that Yaris model: http://www.cartrucktrader.com/Ad/For.../Effingham-IL/ Bought it last year and everything has been OK so far (except that I don't quite like the flat, small front seats) until last week when I saw the lights have become somewhat foggy. Is it the shield that is not tight and the moist entered? Can I have it fixed under waranty or should I rather try some DIY? What do you think?

Thanks in advance
Matsuhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Lights have ventilation holes at the back. It's possible that some humidity might have entered through thosed holes. Just use the headlights to dry the humidity. Also, look for small cracks in the headlight cover or housing- these could also be the source of humidity inside the light.

If this does not help and there are no visible cracks, the cause could be faulty isolation of the headlight cover. Although this is not a common fault on Yarii, it should be covered under warranty.

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
I typed up a response, then looked at your link. It's brand new, right?? Bring it back to the dealership! Tell them they are fogging up and you want the headlights replaced. Best thing would be to do it around the time of day that it's most noticeable. I had to have my headlights replaced twice on my Celica because of that!
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote