Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-07-2006, 07:50 AM   #1
Toyota005

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
New Yaris Owner and a question...

Hey all. This will be my first post! I purchased our second car ('07 Yaris Sedan Pacific Blue) and I must say it is a great little car. I have already learned a great deal from browsing the forums since I have joined. Like some, our car did not come with the power option such as power locks. Based on some threads I have read, I saw that some people have upgraded to power locks. I have ordered the 4-door kit as well as the flush mount switches and I am going to install them next weekend. My question is.. has anyone been able to install an actuator to remotely unlock the trunk? A-1 Electric does have the universal trunk actuator, but I don't want to purchase something I will be unable to do.I have checked out the setup of the lock and not sure if its do able and have not read anyone else adding an actuator to the trunk lock. Just curious... Thanks!

Marcus
Toyota005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota005 View Post
Hey all. This will be my first post! I purchased our second car ('07 Yaris Sedan Pacific Blue) and I must say it is a great little car. I have already learned a great deal from browsing the forums since I have joined. Like some, our car did not come with the power option such as power locks. Based on some threads I have read, I saw that some people have upgraded to power locks. I have ordered the 4-door kit as well as the flush mount switches and I am going to install them next weekend. My question is.. has anyone been able to install an actuator to remotely unlock the trunk? A-1 Electric does have the universal trunk actuator, but I don't want to purchase something I will be unable to do.I have checked out the setup of the lock and not sure if its do able and have not read anyone else adding an actuator to the trunk lock. Just curious... Thanks!

Marcus
maybe one can put a cable from the Echo
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Welcome to the Yaris family!!!! the trunk is kind of tricky. i have seen some posts in the forum and had an outsider do my power locks and I had an aux. button and it didnt do anything and its cause he told me that the trunk has a latch that you can pull from the inside if you get kidnapped and get stuffed in the trunk. I know it sounds funny but go outside and check it out. It is by the hinge. I think this poses a problem for some people, but hell if you are doing it all yourself I am sure you can use an actuator if done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota005 View Post

Marcus
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
there is a DIY in the DIY section about the hatch popper :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:37 AM   #5
Toyota005

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Thanks for the info

I appreciate all the comments
Toyota005 is offline   Reply With Quote