Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
jessica

Drives: yaris lb
question about ordering a yaris!

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to buy a yaris liftback with the power package at a local dealership in southern california.
i don't need the car until 3 weeks from now, but im going into a dealership this weekend.
i know this may sound dumb, but how do you "order" a yaris? do you just go to the dealership and do it there?
how long does it usually take after you order it (for it to be ready)?

p.s. if anyone got a good deal on their yaris hatchbacks (w/ power package), would you mind sharing how much you got it for?

any feedback would be much appreciated. thanks!
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
flint_mica_manual

Drives: S Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm looking to buy a yaris liftback with the power package at a local dealership in southern california.
i don't need the car until 3 weeks from now, but im going into a dealership this weekend.
i know this may sound dumb, but how do you "order" a yaris? do you just go to the dealership and do it there?
how long does it usually take after you order it (for it to be ready)?

p.s. if anyone got a good deal on their yaris hatchbacks (w/ power package), would you mind sharing how much you got it for?

any feedback would be much appreciated. thanks!
I have a sedan, so not terribly on topic, but they should have what you're looking for on the lot (if all you're looking for is LB with power). I got ridiculous wait times when I asked about "ordering" a bone stock sedan -- like 9 weeks I believe. I'm in Indiana tho. I got mine drove in from TN with a bunch of options I didn't care about. Certain "packages" are regionally based -- and you're closest to the import port. Welcome to the forum anyway :)
flint_mica_manual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
your always best off buying one off the lot, you will get the best deal thatway, if there are several dealerships in your area I would dusggest checking their websites and see if they have exactly what you want in stock and request a bottom dollar quote before you set foot on the lot, this will save you time, also there isn't much haggling on these cars anyway, good luck
Old 05-23-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
Bis

Drives: Yaris LB
^ x2

building a car usually takes from 3 weeks to 3 months, so buy off the lot!
Bis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
KS SOLO

Drives: too many 2 list
Go online and configure the car you want, then you can email that exact configuration to several dealers and tell them exactly what you are looking for and to send you their best quote. Don't even go to the lot and waste time. Make sure you are already prequalified with your lender and say that also in your email to the dealer, shows you are serious and are going to buy a car and not just shopping. This also ensures that you are not adding any extra "dealer options" and have to bargain from that standpoint. My dealer did not have the car I wanted, so they traded with another dealer to get it. I never set foot on their lot until my car was sitting there exactly like I wanted it. Well except for all the TRD options, still waiting on my TRD Seats from Japan. :) Good Luck
KS SOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
I waited 5 1/2 months for my car, but I got what I wanted. GOOD LUCK!
'07 3-door Meteorite Metallic Liftback: manual transmission, power package, 60/40 split fold-flat rear seat, ABS, side airbags, keyless entry, fog lights, 7-spoke 15" Toyota alloys, cruise control, TRD sway bar.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
gaffo

Drives: integra
Well Jessica - you'd think that a hatchback with power-package is a simple and easy thing.........................but NO!!

Esp. if you want 5-speed version.

I ordered mine from Japan via my dealer (what a joke!! outside of the US this configuration is the top seller and easy to buy) in MARCH!!! - I've been told I MIGHT get it by SEPTEMBER!!

truely unacceptable - yet I'm accepting it!

Toyota will probably never get any business from me again however - not with the lack of service I've gotten and from trolling many dealers before one would even consider ordering a car that has no business NOT being on the lot in the first place!!

I have alot of anger over Toyota's utterly poor costumer service as you may be able to tell. If they cannot manufacter Yaris hatchbacks in volume they have no business promoting them for sale!
gaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #8
gaffo

Drives: integra
Boris - saw the picts of your new car. very nice.

Exact same options as I've ordered - but Black. But TRD lowering springs instead of sway.

I probably could use the sway option in the future.

Small stock wheel though. I like the tiny wheels ;-). probably add some oldshool 50's hubs to em.

IF I actually get my car!! (the salesmen just don't give a crap if I buy or not - since I told em I was going to pay in CASH such a cheap car.............they will get little profit from me ;-/.........)

All they want is for me to get a loan from them for that Luxery 50,000 buck SUV!! When my car costs as much as my home I know something is amiss in the my life! (yes my home is a dump ;-).....)
gaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:55 PM   #9
petesimac

Drives: Yaris LB
Jessica, I just brought my baby home today! I'd been searching and looking and number crunching to see if I could do this, and it all worked out. I ended up getting a 5-speed LB, meteorite metallic, with the power package, side and curtain airbags, the 60/40 split, slidding, fold-flat seats -- all the things I really wanted, and some things I really didn't want, such as the keyless entry and the arm rest. After working with several dealerships in the area, trying to find the best possible deal, the fine folks at Washington (not D.C.) Auto Mall, just south of Pittsburgh, sold it to me at about $900 below sticker. They told me I was getting it at invoice, but who truly really knows what invoice is. Anyway, the original sticker price was just over $14,600 and I got it at $13,700 and change. They were able to get me 5.89% financing, and after tax, tag, title and a $500 down payment, I financed $14,300 and change over 5 years at $276 a month! I'm so happy. In celebration of the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie -- which is really good -- we named the car Jack (you have to say it like Barbosa to make it funny).
petesimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:03 AM   #10
15thJuneYarisNamedHaris

Drives: Yaris YR 5 door Caribbean Blue
Smile

I ordered mine in April and I will be getting it in July. In my case it took a long time because I want the airbag pack.

Fortunately I don't need or have anywhere to park the car until July anyway, but I am glad I went shopping really early

I am soooooooooo looking forward to my Yaris
15thJuneYarisNamedHaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:22 AM   #11
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
what a user name you got there...um.... 15th.... well what can we call you for short?