Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
Response from Toyota on my special order

I thought everyone with special orders in might find this interesting!!
Many ways to interpert this but in my mind it says they will not be building my exact car for me...unlike what the dealer lead me to believe when he took my $500. 15 weeks ago! About one more week before I confront the dealer and he has to fess up!!! I really doubt he will have my car built for me!! I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED..

MY EMAIL TO TOYOTA...

Toyota Customer Experience
Customer (David Rosenstein) 10/15/2006 07:42 AM
Dear Toyota,
I wanted a yaris liftback with manual tranny and the power package, fogs,
rear spoiler and keyles entry. Since you are not building them this way for my
dealer area in NY NJ my toyota dealer, "prestige toyota " in Ramsey NJ took my
order for one, $500 deposit and told me the factory wait could be as long as 16
weeks. Its now 15 weeks and I'm wondering if MY car is actually being built ?
My dealer does not have a production # or vin # for me and says unlike BMW
cars, toyota does not give out these #'s!!!
Does toyota actually fufill specisal orders or has my dealer just took my $$$
and dragged me along hoping to find a similar one in the allotments?
IS MY CAR BEING BUILT?
How can I find out?
Does toyota actually accept orders and build yaris for individual customers?

PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE!!!

I'VE BEEN DRIVING TOYOTA'S FOR 30 YRS AND RATHR STICK WITH YOU GUYS...

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME REAL DIRECT HELP HERE,

THANK YOU,

SINCERELY,

DAVID S ROSENSTEIN, DC

PS...NEVER FELT I COULD TRUST THE DEALER BECAUSE THEY NEVER ANSWER MY
QUESTION DIRECT AND ALWAYS GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND ABOUT MY ORDER...

THEIR CANNED REPONSE:

Recently you contacted Toyota. Below is a summary of your contact message and our response.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Re: Yaris liftback..

Discussion Thread
Response (Sheena) 10/16/2006 06:45 AM
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate your interest in the Yaris, and apologize for the difficulty experienced in trying to find your vehicle of choice.

Our vehicles are equipped with options and in model grades that we have found to be popular in the geographic area in which they are marketed. Because of this, some options or model grades may not be available in your area, while other options may be, but as part of a package. We do extensive market surveys and studies to assist in forecasting product features and equipment that will be desirable to the consumer.

We apologize; we are not equipped to take special orders for specific vehicles. Vehicle allocation is based on the geographical area in which they are marketed. Toyota dealerships and distributors are prepared to take your request and make every attempt to obtain the desired vehicle.

If the dealership is unable to locate the vehicle of choice, they may submit a preference request for your desired vehicle. This preference request does not guarantee you will receive the vehicle with the exact options requested, and may create an extended wait-time.

When trying to build your Yaris on Toyota.com, please ensure that you are entering your zip code in the "Build and Price Your Yaris" box. This will ensure that you are only shown options and model grades that are available in your part of the country.

We encourage you to contact the Customer Relations Manager at your local Toyota
dealership for further assistance.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200610160089. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdavidr4u
I thought everyone with special orders in might find this interesting!!
Many ways to interpert this but in my mind it says they will not be building my exact car for me...unlike what the dealer lead me to believe when he took my $500. 15 weeks ago! About one more week before I confront the dealer and he has to fess up!!! I really doubt he will have my car built for me!! I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED..

MY EMAIL TO TOYOTA...

Toyota Customer Experience
Customer (David Rosenstein) 10/15/2006 07:42 AM
Dear Toyota,
I wanted a yaris liftback with manual tranny and the power package, fogs,
rear spoiler and keyles entry. Since you are not building them this way for my
dealer area in NY NJ my toyota dealer, "prestige toyota " in Ramsey NJ took my
order for one, $500 deposit and told me the factory wait could be as long as 16
weeks. Its now 15 weeks and I'm wondering if MY car is actually being built ?
My dealer does not have a production # or vin # for me and says unlike BMW
cars, toyota does not give out these #'s!!!
Does toyota actually fufill specisal orders or has my dealer just took my $$$
and dragged me along hoping to find a similar one in the allotments?
IS MY CAR BEING BUILT?
How can I find out?
Does toyota actually accept orders and build yaris for individual customers?

PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE!!!

I'VE BEEN DRIVING TOYOTA'S FOR 30 YRS AND RATHR STICK WITH YOU GUYS...

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME REAL DIRECT HELP HERE,

THANK YOU,

SINCERELY,

DAVID S ROSENSTEIN, DC

PS...NEVER FELT I COULD TRUST THE DEALER BECAUSE THEY NEVER ANSWER MY
QUESTION DIRECT AND ALWAYS GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND ABOUT MY ORDER...

THEIR CANNED REPONSE:

Recently you contacted Toyota. Below is a summary of your contact message and our response.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Re: Yaris liftback..

Discussion Thread
Response (Sheena) 10/16/2006 06:45 AM
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate your interest in the Yaris, and apologize for the difficulty experienced in trying to find your vehicle of choice.

Our vehicles are equipped with options and in model grades that we have found to be popular in the geographic area in which they are marketed. Because of this, some options or model grades may not be available in your area, while other options may be, but as part of a package. We do extensive market surveys and studies to assist in forecasting product features and equipment that will be desirable to the consumer.

We apologize; we are not equipped to take special orders for specific vehicles. Vehicle allocation is based on the geographical area in which they are marketed. Toyota dealerships and distributors are prepared to take your request and make every attempt to obtain the desired vehicle.

If the dealership is unable to locate the vehicle of choice, they may submit a preference request for your desired vehicle. This preference request does not guarantee you will receive the vehicle with the exact options requested, and may create an extended wait-time.

When trying to build your Yaris on Toyota.com, please ensure that you are entering your zip code in the "Build and Price Your Yaris" box. This will ensure that you are only shown options and model grades that are available in your part of the country.

We encourage you to contact the Customer Relations Manager at your local Toyota
dealership for further assistance.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200610160089. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Why they always say this : we encourage u to contact the customer relations manager..........
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
drdavidr4u I had 2 orders(preference) for my Yaris with Power Package and ABS for 4 weeks and I was told they were unable to get my car allocated to them. So I checked every toyota dealership in PA,MD,DE,VA and WA. And I was able to find 4 cars built the way I wanted it, in one of the 2 colors I wanted. I then told my local dealerships I found 4 cars in nearby states,and they told me that the other dealerships would not trade with them. So I took a road trip to Maryland and bought the car on the spot. The Maryland dealer thought I was crazy for traveling 3 hours for a Yaris, but it was well worth it. If I was you I would do I search everyother day in those states,and who knows you might get lucky like me. Hope this helps, good luck.
04 BMW 330 XI (Traded in)
03 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (gave to Dad)
01 Civic EX (gave to Mom)
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
Vanderkitten

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
You have to understand (but not agree with!!) the dealer point of view:

They are allocated a certain number of cars, and get them on their books. they finance them through a lending company and have them "sitting on the lot", although most cars are kept offsite these days to reduce the cost of the dealership.

In order to get "another car", the dealer needs to trade or order from the MFG. The problem is they operate on a tight margin counting on the inventory to turn to reduce the cost of financing their cars in inventory.

Your order does not "help them", and if you are not in the Bay Area where dealers can't keep any Yaris' in stock, most dealers don't want to absorb another car into thier inventory. The behind the scenes story too is that if a dealer has a hot car, and another dealer wants it, they bundle the car with another one... ex: You want that Yaris with ABS? You need to take this Tacoma 2wd without A/C. That might be a horrible deal for the dealer, so they don't do it.

Anyhow, I learned this from working in the motorcycle industry, and the car industry is only more sophisticated and shistery. It sucks, but it's business...

I got some awesome, perfectly fitting foglights on ebay for $80 a set, and some super-dope wheels for $132 each plus $79 for tires. There is so muc coming out on the aftermarket scene now, it's not reall worth buying everything from the factory unless you are cash-short. (like their $2000 18" wheels!!).

Might be time to get your deposit back and get into a good relationship.
Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com
Les Schwab Tires http://www.lesschwab.com
317 graphics http://www.317graphics.com
Vanderkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
gaffo

Drives: integra
David - I ordered the exact same - minus spolier add side airbags/abs (for safety - SHOULD BE STANDARD ON ALL OF THEM). now entering week 18.

Like all the other manufacterers offer on the small cars - even the Aveos.

You other guys can be appologiests for poor customer service and poor and limited options (many of which are standard on all other cars) until the cows come home, but Toyota has been scewing the pooch WRT this car here in the United STates.

They offer ALL the options as standard offerings in the rest of the world on this car, they have no exuse if the yaris tanks like the echo hre in the states.

no side air/no abs - absolutely inexcusable in this day and age.

yet all I see are excuses!

One fed up dude.................
gaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
If he doesn't have his car or deposit back by now. I need him to send me $14000.00 and I will have a car built for him! Trust me !!!
Thotprawsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
oilman930

Drives: 2009 Yaris S Hatchback
I was also told by the dealer that a Yaris can be built with just the options I want. If this is still the case that Toyota does not build to a customer order, then prehaps the Yaris is not for me.

If I am going to spend my hard earned money, then I want the car built the way I want it. I don't like the car that much to take just what the dealer has on the lot.

Toyota has to go back to school when it comes to dealing with it's customers. Because of the Mini, customers demand that their car be built the way they want it. Customers also want to be able to track their car through the whole building process. When a person orders a Mini, the car can even be located when it's on the container ship steaming to America. I've ordered three Mini's, I know how serious Mini motoring advisors are with making the customers happy. Mini want's every customer to be satisifed.

I'm hoping I can make the Yaris work for me, and I hope the dealer can make it happen.
oilman930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #8
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman930 View Post
I was also told by the dealer that a Yaris can be built with just the options I want. If this is still the case that Toyota does not build to a customer order, then prehaps the Yaris is not for me.

If I am going to spend my hard earned money, then I want the car built the way I want it. I don't like the car that much to take just what the dealer has on the lot.

Toyota has to go back to school when it comes to dealing with it's customers. Because of the Mini, customers demand that their car be built the way they want it. Customers also want to be able to track their car through the whole building process. When a person orders a Mini, the car can even be located when it's on the container ship steaming to America. I've ordered three Mini's, I know how serious Mini motoring advisors are with making the customers happy. Mini want's every customer to be satisifed.

I'm hoping I can make the Yaris work for me, and I hope the dealer can make it happen.
it took 14 weeks, but we got EXACTLY what we wanted. toyota CAN do special orders, but the problem is only certain dealers can/will do them. good luck!

--B
Old 08-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #9
adamschneider

Drives: Bayou Blue 2dr, AT
I wouldn't take the response from Toyota too literally. It sounds like a standard boilerplate answer that was triggered by the words "custom" and "order."
adamschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:20 PM   #10
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
if you dont get it on specified time frame.. either cancel it and go somewhere else or ask for extra stuff..like rally spoiler or something...
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #11
Yariz
Banned

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman930 View Post

Agreed, but Minis are double the price, you are paying for all of that. If you guys want to have all the order capabilities the car is basically going to go up in price 5-7k whether you like it or not. You are talking about millions of millions in infrastructure that have to build to make one of the smaller markets happy... us.... like it or not while they are spending $1,000,000 per hour right now on their campaign, and we are not close to a priority. I work in the industry that makes the software for this stuff, and it is very expensive.
Yariz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #12
Yariz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamschneider View Post
I wouldn't take the response from Toyota too literally. It sounds like a standard boilerplate answer that was triggered by the words "custom" and "order."

Yup it sure is, and you will have to find it on your own and go get it... or if you bitch enough they can ship it sometimes, but thats up to you and how much noise you want to make. Me personally, I would make a scene. But thats just because I hate dirty car salesman/dealerships...
Old 04-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #13
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yariz View Post
Agreed, but Minis are double the price, you are paying for all of that. If you guys want to have all the order capabilities the car is basically going to go up in price 5-7k whether you like it or not. You are talking about millions of millions in infrastructure that have to build to make one of the smaller markets happy... us.... like it or not while they are spending $1,000,000 per hour right now on their campaign, and we are not close to a priority. I work in the industry that makes the software for this stuff, and it is very expensive.
You do realize this thread is almost 3 years old.......
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #14
Yariz
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
You do realize this thread is almost 3 years old.......

You do realize I could give a flyin crap? Good....
Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yariz View Post
You do realize I could give a flyin crap? Good....
It's just funny how you are bringing up Toyota's recent problems to make a point about a post that is 3 years old. Lot's of things have changed since then!
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote