Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-20-2018, 04:25 PM   #19
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
The "simplest" solution for this is to just find a wrecked Series 2 Elise with the supercharged 2ZR motor. Buy the drivetrain and engine electronics. Follow the already well documented 2ZR swaps elsewhere on this site. Done. =)
it still has to be same year same car in america for the swap to be legal in most states that you would actually want to drive it in ie california non salt belt areas non hurricane areas.

but funding one of those is a pain in the butt. plus i want to keep mine an autobox because i dont like manuals so still leaves those really rare seats that i need.

i found a secondary alternative but i cant reveal what because id like them first.

regardless a warrantied factory build new car will always fit better then any vehicle someone puts together because its all automated and perfect.

so we want the GRMN in america and canada. its really simple stop walling us.

Edit: forgot to add ive been assembling a GR for a while now on my own yaris and have almost 90% of the parts documented but there really expensive and one off so it will take some time.

also forgot to add that SPAIN get a LHD version of the GRMN.

ive always wondered if these are made to order..... hmmmm....................
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:32 PM   #20
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
regardless a warrantied factory build new car will always fit better then any vehicle someone puts together because its all automated and perfect.
Definitely disagree with that.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #21
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
Definitely disagree with that.
do you want the car or not here in america. i disagree with that because the GRMN is built on the same plant as where the yaris is built and hand assembled perfectly.

they had to dev new processes to build 7 GRMN a day and to paint the roof black, they also have people from lotus and whatnot working on the same line to put it together and had entirely new training processes, the 3 door is much more rigid then the 4 door, spot welds " just marketing" to support those extra doors making it heavier and a "sport tuned suspension" read the same suspension but marketing

i want to see it, I'm tired of toyota making bland and horrible cars. time to step up the game its 2018.

you may be old and disagreeable but im not one for buying a fast sporty yaris that can put porsches to shame for half the money.

and id like to add that before everyone jumped on the corolla engine wagon i had already worked out the entire deal with jerkratt but have moved onto another engine now because everyone seems to take my ideas :c
Old 11-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #22
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
do you want the car or not here in america. i disagree with that because the GRMN is built on the same plant as where the yaris is built and hand assembled perfectly.

they had to dev new processes to build 7 GRMN a day and to paint the roof black, they also have people from lotus and whatnot working on the same line to put it together and had entirely new training processes, the 3 door is much more rigid then the 4 door, spot welds " just marketing" to support those extra doors making it heavier and a "sport tuned suspension" read the same suspension but marketing

i want to see it, I'm tired of toyota making bland and horrible cars. time to step up the game its 2018.
You made a very generalized statement about factory cars being "perfect and automated." I'm sure the GRMN is built to a higher standard as it's a limited run car, so yes it could potentially be better than a standard yaris. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't be able to build a car in my garage that could perform just as well for less, though.

I very much doubt we will see a GRMN yaris in the US. We always get the short end of the stick with hot hatches.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:56 PM   #23
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
You made a very generalized statement about factory cars being "perfect and automated." I'm sure the GRMN is built to a higher standard as it's a limited run car, so yes it could potentially be better than a standard yaris. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't be able to build a car in my garage that could perform just as well for less, though.

I very much doubt we will see a GRMN yaris in the US. We always get the short end of the stick with hot hatches.
ill be building one regardless ive already got most of the pieces. and no we dont get the short stick end of the deal its that the american companies pour money into restricting the japanese and forgien companies by making it extremely expensive to bring these types of cars in and then the american cars end up being built to crap like the ford RS blowing headgaskets like how can something so expensive fail a quality check like that.

people dont want toyotas performance vehicles because they undercut the market and perform better then the american cars which have a higher profit margin because american companies are all about selling and how much money they can make and how much they can sell where the forgien companies ie toyota follow kaizen and much different business practices that have practically sunk the american market ie why the baillouts happened and why people bought jap cars in the 80s during the gas crisis.

this whole restriction thing is antiquidated and causes the us to be in further and further debt i have spent what about 3 grand total importing parts from japan and putting together my yaris? its a pain. and its all the same stuff.

Edit:

crash standards on a tiny yaris bumper with a diffuser and 2014 style long overhand lights arent going to save you more then the standard kit or be any worse for that matter. the GR/ GS rear lights from japan are actually LED and are brigher and safer in all conditions and more visible and are non pulsing type sporty or not its all going to fold the same in a crash 8 inch crash bumpers or euro crash bumpers.

also those crash bumpers for the jap and euro models are called type B or type C i forget you can get it in my GSIC that was posted to another thread.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #24
Pinchlite

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Turbo

I would be happy with a normal yaris with a turbo.If crappy chevy/GM can put out a car with 138HP spark why doesnt toyota do this.It would be a true RS instead of just sideskirts and different seats.I love the yaris but next car will have more power.
Pinchlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:49 AM   #25
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchlite View Post
I would be happy with a normal yaris with a turbo.If crappy chevy/GM can put out a car with 138HP spark why doesnt toyota do this.It would be a true RS instead of just sideskirts and different seats.I love the yaris but next car will have more power.
"Doing" a 138 hp car is a lot different than building a reliable 138hp turbo car. GM does a lot of things and they di a lot of things poorly. Sub compact cars and turbos are some.of those things. Ask all the turbo Cruze owners with blown turbo oil and water lines...

I hear you about a true sports segment for the subcompact from Toyota, but I reality Toyota's focus seems to be reliability and sports cars are not up there in priority
Old 11-22-2018, 09:00 AM   #26
Pinchlite

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Too bad.130HP yaris HB would be perfect.

GTI for my next car, kind'a weary of the reliability though.
Pinchlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #27
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchlite View Post
Too bad.130HP yaris HB would be perfect.

GTI for my next car, kind'a weary of the reliability though.
Trust me, a 130hp yaris is awesome but never perfect. Ine you got 130 you want more and so on and so forth.

GTI would no doubt be fun, just get used to chasing electrical issues and fixing broken motors and relays. Fun var none the less just dont expect near yaris reliability that's all
Old 11-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #28
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
"Doing" a 138 hp car is a lot different than building a reliable 138hp turbo car. GM does a lot of things and they di a lot of things poorly. Sub compact cars and turbos are some.of those things. Ask all the turbo Cruze owners with blown turbo oil and water lines...

I hear you about a true sports segment for the subcompact from Toyota, but I reality Toyota's focus seems to be reliability and sports cars are not up there in priority
well they should of just build a sports line with the yaris, nobody asked for a butchering of the Ae86 and the supra. sometimes its best to just let things be things and live on in unaffordability. ferrari does it porsche does it, so what if a supras expensive now its prevent everyone and there momma building a 1200hp car for under 30k it undercuts companies like bugatti and all the supercar owners and is bad for the economy like real bad.

now everyone just LS swaps and has an instant 500hp car.