Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #37
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Its my personal belief that the Yaris is enormously more appealing than the xB and xA to modify, and that will run its course. If Toyota runs with this car for 5 years and enough current owners actually take them to the track, it'll make a little name for itself. Its kind of a big deal, the little Vitz.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #38
ChinoCharles
Banned

... of course, I say that looking through the rosy lenses of my YW glasses. It may all be a pipe dream. Who cares, lets mod!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #39
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Its my personal belief that the Yaris is enormously more appealing than the xB and xA to modify, and that will run its course. If Toyota runs with this car for 5 years and enough current owners actually take them to the track, it'll make a little name for itself. Its kind of a big deal, the little Vitz.
and i agree, ON PAPER the yaris IS a better car. just don't open the hood or look at that ECU..

and yes, with a little support from toyota, you may see some good factory championships.. but the VITZ already did that, so why would toyota bother again? remember toyota's motorsports law?

"cheat til we get caught and penalized, the win, then quit"
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:06 AM   #40
ChinoCharles
Banned

Yes, the ECU is an evil, evil mistress. Someone needs to kill it.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #41
Tamago

Quote:
Yes, the ECU is an evil, evil mistress. Someone needs to kill it.
yes, but certainly none of us, let's all sit back and wait for the magic wand
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #42
ChinoCharles
Banned

Us laymen with a little bit of money have to sit around and wait for a real tuner to get off their ass and figure this ECU out.

Wait, isn't that you? Get in the garage biotch! Whatchya waitin' for?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #43
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
nothing can happen without someone stepping up and trying different things, even if they don't work or you got really really close and the shift cables were the issue.... you'll never know til you personally try something
Old 04-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #44
Tamago

Quote:
Us laymen with a little bit of money have to sit around and wait for a real tuner to get off their ass and figure this ECU out.

Wait, isn't that you? Get in the garage biotch! Whatchya waitin' for?
if one of you lillyfooted yaris owners would loan me their car i'm sure i'd have that "professionally tuned" AEM FIC working just fine.

but none of you have

excuses ?
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #45
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
nothing can happen without someone stepping up and trying different things, even if they don't work or you got really really close and the shift cables were the issue.... you'll never know til you personally try something
i applaud you for actually saying "hell, it might work", spending the money, and are now able to say "hell, it didn't work"

but i'll guarantee that one of these blokes will disagree with you, even though you know first hand ;)
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #46
Morgan

thanks, I tried... that was my contribution

....would have been awesome though... damn those tempting scion short gears...
Old 04-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #47
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
I missed this one... Scion transmission fits, but shift cables don't? Did you try using the cables from the Scion? If they don't fit the Yaris shifter... did you try fitting the Scion shifter? Seems like a pretty small problem to deal with to reach a worthy goal.

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #48
Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
I missed this one... Scion transmission fits, but shift cables don't? Did you try using the cables from the Scion? If they don't fit the Yaris shifter... did you try fitting the Scion shifter? Seems like a pretty small problem to deal with to reach a worthy goal.
ok well I tried fitting the transmission, sensors worked and bolted in, transmission mounted to the block but the rear engine stabilizer mount was missing on the scion trans because they have a different subframe... and the scion shifter cables are totally different that the yaris and the shifter assemblies are different...

so if you want the shorter scion gears dont fool around with installing the transmission just swap the gear sets and be done with it, if I had the actual gear puller this may have been a possible modification but I didn't so I cut my losses and returned the scion transmission

but yes I did make a blog post about this a few weeks ago when I tried it.... :)

least I know how the subframe goes in and out of the car know, always good to know - secret hit, its really easy I don't know why people mess with trying to do things from the top its like 6 bolts....
Old 04-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #49
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
and the supercharged people can wave while the turbo people pass them. Sorry guys, but I truly think you're all crazy. Still love ya though.
easy to say when you've bought a 500$ turbo kit, but is slowly falling apart. you still haven't dyno'd your car. let's see some numbers before you wave to an imaginary s/c yaris. But for a fact, you are definately putting down more whp. We are all just curious to see how much, and I highly doubt you'll be in the 13s on a 1/4. But good luck.

*when i retune with a larger tb/injectors, we might be seeing similar numbers if you don't upgrade your kit.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:41 AM   #50
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post

*when i retune with a larger tb/injectors, we might be seeing similar numbers if you don't upgrade your kit.

translation

*when i've spent a total of $5000, i'll surely have beat your $500 turbo kit

good job buddy
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:03 AM   #51
dallas

Drives: Yaris Hatch /Landrover D2
Sadly the Yaris is too underpowered as a starting point for some people, so no Tuners take the car too seriosly. Hence a lack of really knowledgable tuners, or suppliers who want to build us a reliable turbo kit.

While its light and a fun car to drive, tuners feel there are not enough people lining up to go crazy with the car. Sadly, we just end up with suppliers flogging the same old basic bolt on parts, without any real R&D in tuning or a Supercharger or Turbo formula to sell us. maybe that will change in the near future.

If you go look at some other forums for example the Cobalt SS foum, Hyundai Genesis forum, Ford Focus forums and see the progress they're suppliers have made in such a short time, its sad our forum moves so slowly ahead.

I have to give credit to the trailblazers like Lt Noggie, Chinocharles, Peterpoop,Caliyaris and others who keep at it.

I think if there was a reliable 130-150 hp kit to be had there would be a lot more people ready to spend the money.
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:05 AM   #52
Tamago

the reason there's innovation on other forums for their specific cars is because they're actually worth modding "for speed"
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:11 AM   #53
dallas

Drives: Yaris Hatch /Landrover D2
I agree, and sorry I forgot your one of the trailblazers as well. I feel the Yaris is overlooked, for its fun potential. I guess with for example with a 150 hp turbo kit we would still get our asses whopped by a lot of stock performace cars, so the tuners decide its a waste of time to develop stuff.

and if there were more people interested
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
the reason there's innovation on other forums for their specific cars is because they're actually worth modding "for speed"
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:42 AM   #54
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
translation

*when i've spent a total of $5000, i'll surely have beat your $500 turbo kit

good job buddy
lol panda boy. why are you back? get banned on a scion forum?

Definately not 5k. I could have gone the turbo route easily too if I wanted and made a ghetto setup like you and run a panda hood, but I decided to go with blitz. I got the money, no biggie. Not in debt, and don't need to make plans to get out of debt by the end of the year or something stupid like that.

Last edited by PETERPOOP; 04-25-2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: farts
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote