Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2009, 02:14 AM   #1
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Black Projector Headlights Question

These headlights have been around for awhile and i know a few threads have been covered about it. I was thinking of buying them, i know some people have said the light output was bad and some say its abit better then stock.

Anyway i was told by a fellow member that because we have to use the old indicator socket from the Original Assembly that the Australian sockets are of a different size of that of the ones being sold, which i think are mainly from Taiwan or something. As he has to use another method to hold his in place.

The question is to the people who own these lights, have you had any issues getting the indicator socket/bulb to go into place without having to glue or stick it to hold it there.

And generally is there a specific seller people have been buying from? I've noticed some stores sell slightly different looking ones sometimes.

Thank you in advance. I know some people don't like the idea of buying these lights. Haha.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
the turn signal socket has 3 tabs in some places and 4 tabs in others. I can post more when I'm at my shop on Tuesday and can look at my stock sockets.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #3
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
You Would almost be better off with the Retro hid/ projector
Garm is selling .
I have a set arriveing tomorrow , For my own car

but as for your querry you can buy the correct fitting locally
at your local Auto electrical shop .
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:00 AM   #4
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
the turn signal socket has 3 tabs in some places and 4 tabs in others. I can post more when I'm at my shop on Tuesday and can look at my stock sockets.
Thanks for the info Garm. I think what someone i was talking to was saying was the actually the bulb fitting into the hole thing on the top where the bulb goes in.

I think your talking about the actual plug that goes into the power socket thing.

Sorry i think i explained it incorrectly before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1 View Post
You Would almost be better off with the Retro hid/ projector
Garm is selling .
I have a set arriveing tomorrow , For my own car

but as for your querry you can buy the correct fitting locally
at your local Auto electrical shop .
Haha Ray, they would be good. But i'm also not keen on opening up my own headlight housing and doing my own DIY. Haha. Would be good to paint the inside black.

Anyway yeh maybe i needa get a different bulb.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
Old 09-06-2009, 03:00 AM   #5
ruimond

This is what i was told and i quote:

Quote:
Re: Black Projectors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What i mean. Everything fits well except the turning signal bulbs.

The socket where you insert the turning signal bulbs are different. I tried for about 1 hour to insert the turning bulbs into the headlights, doesnt fit. So you have to somehow glue them down in the socket. I used blutack....

Old 09-06-2009, 04:14 AM   #6
1NZYaris1

Got ya , simple answer , some use a 1156 bulb and some use a 1157 bulb
the differance is the 2 pins on the side of the bulb .
if you buy them and need help just holla .
or you could send me a set of stock head lights and i will do it for you .
The retro fit that is
Old 09-06-2009, 04:35 AM   #7
ruimond

Quote:
The retro fit that is
Cool Thanks, i'll have a look for some bulbs if i do need them. Otherwise i'll see how it fits myself.

Haha i wonder how much a set of stock head lights sell for.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
I just bought a pair and it arrives for me this wednesday off of ebay. I'll let you know if I have problems with the plugs or light bulbs.
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyachris84 View Post
I just bought a pair and it arrives for me this wednesday off of ebay. I'll let you know if I have problems with the plugs or light bulbs.
Cool Thanks Kuya, though i might be buying it before then. As the special auction ends on tuesday. Will see how it goes i guess.

Haha thats some mighty amount of bandwidth you have in your signature pic.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:33 AM   #10
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
hey i have just got sum off ebay and i was wondering can i plug in my H4 HID,s into the projectors?? i have not got them yet and i was a little confuzled with the blinker size ??? i also got the rear lights too
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1
The retro fit that is
rock on dudes
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 AM   #11
1NZYaris1

Ahum Ruimond was chasing those . i guess he missed them
Old 09-08-2009, 06:48 AM   #12
ruimond

Quote:
Ahum Ruimond was chasing those . i guess he missed them
Nah i got them Ray. Mine were the combo package. Their being shipped off tommorow.

AND189 must have bought it off a different auction.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #13
1NZYaris1

Cool , i guess you will be working on the car very soon then
Old 09-09-2009, 04:47 AM   #14
AND189
Banned

mate i got the combo pack too i spoke to the guy after the action had to sets of heads and tales i realy only want the heads though i will put them bothe on and if they look good i guess i will keep them although i dont want the trashy bling look i wouldnt mide the rear ones non smoked in the plain red thay look a bit sporty and stockish
Old 09-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #15
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by AND189 View Post
mate i got the combo pack too i spoke to the guy after the action had to sets of heads and tales i realy only want the heads though i will put them bothe on and if they look good i guess i will keep them although i dont want the trashy bling look i wouldnt mide the rear ones non smoked in the plain red thay look a bit sporty and stockish
Oh ok awesome. Yeah im mainly just using the Headlights most likely. My friend will be taking the taillights.

Would have been better if they were the plain RS taillights. But yeh, will see how they look in real life.

Mine were posted out today, ETA says next week 18th. But will see if it updates tommorow.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:23 AM   #16
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
help

so i got these installed n wen i turn my car off... the halos still look like they're. on... its like glowing / very dim... is this okay?

I know this has been discussed b4 but can't do a sear ch right now on my phone
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:13 AM   #17
AND189
Banned

yeh the RS one are nice where could i find a pair like that swap even ??
Old 09-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #18
Midon
Mod Freak

Drives: 88 MR2 GT
Just a fyi on thoese. I bought as set and they looked great and still look ok, but after about 3 months in the texas sun the UV coating on them started to come off and they are not as glossy now. so this k=might happen to you and then again it might not. I do know I will have to go over mine with some polishing compound to get the luster back in them. One the light output with the stock bulbs they came with it was a lot less then the stock headlight assemblies. But since I also bought a HID kit for them (and yes I have them all adjusted right so i not blinding anyone.) they are really nice now.
Midon is offline   Reply With Quote