Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #1
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 119
Bose sound speakers from Audi to Yaris?

Hi all,

I am looking around for some speaker replacements and I saw some used Bose speakers for audi cars in very reasonable prices. And I thought is it possible to buy them an plug them to the stock yaris stereo ?? I mean apart from the adapters that I will need for sure.
Links:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/262875787864

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152440298743

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122363897883


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
WeeYari
 
WeeYari's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,350
Not knowing the diameter and depth of those speakers, combined with the funky mounting brackets that appear to be on some of them, I'd say probably no to fitment. Huge gamble imo.
__________________
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 119
It is a gamble but with some work and retrofitting I think I can make them fit.
What about this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292045842670

I will check about the depths, but apart from that, you think it's possible??



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #4
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Not knowing the diameter and depth of those speakers, combined with the funky mounting brackets that appear to be on some of them, I'd say probably no to fitment. Huge gamble imo.


https://www.ebay.com/itm/201842433629
Or theese


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Not knowing the diameter and depth of those speakers, combined with the funky mounting brackets that appear to be on some of them, I'd say probably no to fitment. Huge gamble imo.


It is a gamble but with some work and retrofitting I think I can make them fit.
What about this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292045842670

I will check about the depths, but apart from that, you think it's possible??



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #6
tarkus
 
tarkus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YYZ
Posts: 298
Sure, it's possible. If they're either 8 or 4 ohm, they should work with most head units. Make sure their RMS power rating is at least double the RMS power output of your head unit.

Sent from my phone with Tapatalk. Please excuse any typpos.
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 119
Bose sound speakers from Audi to Yaris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
Sure, it's possible. If they're either 8 or 4 ohm, they should work with most head units. Make sure their RMS power rating is at least double the RMS power output of your head unit.

Sent from my phone with Tapatalk. Please excuse any typpos.


They are Bose. So I guess they are. But I am wondering why none does that?
Why we all go to aftermarket solutions and we don't go for Bose speakers from an Audi that they are fairly cheap and the sound quality is one of the best????
I mean with this way I can even plug bang & olufsen Audi speakers on my Yaris! LOL!!!!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:00 PM   #8
tarkus
 
tarkus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YYZ
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiser View Post
Bose speakers from an Audi that they are fairly cheap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does not compute. Audi+Bose cheap???

Sent from my phone with Tapatalk. Please excuse any typpos.
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #9
WeeYari
 
WeeYari's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
Does not compute. Audi+Bose cheap???
Meaning Audi Bose speakers can be had on eBay for cheap.
__________________
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:39 PM   #10
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
Does not compute. Audi+Bose cheap???

Sent from my phone with Tapatalk. Please excuse any typpos.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Meaning Audi Bose speakers can be had on eBay for cheap.

Yes that's right. Check out the links on the top and you will understand what I am talking about


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:22 PM   #11
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 783
The links at top would be enough to make me say no way. Speakers like anything else are susceptible to age and weather. The age of the cars they came from were 2002,2003,2004.
The newest ones are 13 years old!!!!
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:33 AM   #12
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
The links at top would be enough to make me say no way. Speakers like anything else are susceptible to age and weather. The age of the cars they came from were 2002,2003,2004.
The newest ones are 13 years old!!!!


The one I found is a 2007 model.
So ten years :p

But you think this might be a problem?
I mean all these speakers are coming from expensive cars with top soundproof and weatherproof quality. And they are one of the best speakers out there.
My other choice apart from these, are:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000P...-gL&ref=plSrch

Or

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0037...5ML&ref=plSrch

You think it will be better to buy one of these?
And if you can recommend me which one for these is better, please do.
Thanks



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:40 AM   #13
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 119
These are bang & olufsen:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112322905468

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112322901355

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302200452642

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122375164248


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #14
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 783
I personally would go with the new stuff over the used stuff. I actually have the Polk Audio 6501's in my sedan and love them. The two things I would change on my install is one, the tweeter install. I put them on the sail panel for ease of install. (the little triangle panel above the door panel) I should have put them on the pillar in front of the door,facing forward a bit. Two, I would mount the door speaker so that it angles up and toward me.
They still sound great, but these mods would have made a noticeable difference.
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:07 AM   #15
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
I personally would go with the new stuff over the used stuff. I actually have the Polk Audio 6501's in my sedan and love them. The two things I would change on my install is one, the tweeter install. I put them on the sail panel for ease of install. (the little triangle panel above the door panel) I should have put them on the pillar in front of the door,facing forward a bit. Two, I would mount the door speaker so that it angles up and toward me.
They still sound great, but these mods would have made a noticeable difference.


I have stock tweeters in the car in the front so I don't really need to plug the other tweeters.
Do you use amp??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:05 AM   #16
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 783
Yes, I have a 75 watt RMS per channel amp mounted under the passenger seat for the fronts. I also replaced the factory speaker wiring as its so thin. I have a JL Audio 12" in the trunk which is soon to get a bigger amp and separate sub control.
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #17
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 119
Bose sound speakers from Audi to Yaris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
Yes, I have a 75 watt RMS per channel amp mounted under the passenger seat for the fronts. I also replaced the factory speaker wiring as its so thin. I have a JL Audio 12" in the trunk which is soon to get a bigger amp and separate sub control.


Damn
I have a pair of jvc cs-j620x in the front. You think I have to go for an amp first an then for another pair of speakers?
I have good highs but I don't have bass. He amp will solve the problem?
Also wiring affects the sound that much?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by miiser; 03-16-2017 at 10:59 AM.
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #18
Motzking1
 
Drives: 47 2013 yaris l hatchbacks
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Renton, wa
Posts: 39
IMO you are paying more than aftermarket price for a speaker built for a specific application that is NOT specific to your application. Then trying to rig it into a place it was never meant to be. If you value your time and money buy a mid quality aftermarket speakers. They will blow this factory speaker away in sound, fit, finish and ease of installation. IMO your setting yourself up for a lot of fustration that is not necessary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Motzking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**SAFETY RECALL!! 06-07 YARIS HB & SEDANS** slvryaris DIY / Maintenance / Service 84 09-30-2012 12:25 PM
06-10 Yaris Sedan cold air intake $40 kylevh21 Items for Sale by private party 2 04-01-2012 02:14 PM
Raising the sound stage... SAV912 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 11 07-30-2011 05:26 AM
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 5 09-05-2010 08:53 PM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.