Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #37
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Yes. I do believe i read the same thing.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #38
richard_rsp

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 3Dr
Hmm. Sounds like I need to venture over to Buccaneer and check out your setup. I'm over in Valdosta (Dixie Region) and just picked up a 2012 Yaris L 3D. Do you guys still run at Hutchinson Island or are you over at Roebling?
richard_rsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #39
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
I think all of you guys need to take a road trip to So-Cal and run in CalClub to give me some company
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #40
ilikerice

We run mostly hutchinson and have 2 events at roebling. Ive been to dixie region once 3 years ago. Havent been able to get the time to go again. That was with my crx though and was still a beginner.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #41
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
We finally got to see Hutchinson Island last time we raced at Roebling, looks like a fun coarse, hope I can run there some day!! The Wife liked it to, thinks she might want to drive it herself...

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #42
ilikerice

Keep in mind. We dont use the actual track. We use the padock and use pit lane to grid up. At roebling we start at the line and go thru turn 1,2,3,4.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #43
racerb

Some of my buddies go down to Hutchinson about once a year and race the full coarse, thats what I wanna do!

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
Old 05-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #44
richard_rsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Ive been to dixie region once 3 years ago. Havent been able to get the time to go again. That was with my crx though and was still a beginner.
Well we have an event on Sunday (20th) at Spence Field in Moultrie. I'm not running (still breaking in the engine/car) but would love to check out ur car I u head this way! :)
Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #45
ilikerice

Thanks. I am still on vacation this weekend. It prob wont be til later in the summer early fall before i can make a road trip out of an autocross event.

That just made me think of something. If your region has a website that post up event dates thru out the year can you post a link so i can add to my calender and see which one i will plan on doing a few months in advanced. After my wedding next year i wanna hit up as many events as possible on the east coast. I had planned to do that this year until i proposed :facepalm: lol.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #46
ilikerice

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerb View Post
Some of my buddies go down to Hutchinson about once a year and race the full coarse, thats what I wanna do!

racerb
Yea. It opens up for clubs who pay a huge amount to run. Ferrari club, Z club, Porsche club, etc..
Old 05-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #47
richard_rsp

http://www.dixiescca.com/

Under "About Our Events" ---> "Event Schedule"

I would LOVE to see a crowd of Yaris owners at our events!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #48
racerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Yea. It opens up for clubs who pay a huge amount to run. Ferrari club, Z club, Porsche club, etc..
Yea my NASA buds went down last year to instruct with the Ferrari Club, they took their American Iron cars (mostly Mustangs) to play on track. All said they had a ball and most were faster than the Ferrari guys, so that kinda was icing on the cake!!

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
Old 05-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #49
ilikerice

Well. I will say i am sure those Ferrari guys are only putting %50-%70 what that car is capable of. There are alot of concrete walls on that track. Esp after the first long stretch and S turns. There is no run off. If you lose control its all wall.

About 10 years ago a bunch of street racers used to hang out back there cause it wasnt closed off. A kid died racing hitting a wall. Shut that while track down. Owned by ga ports athority now. Gotta pay them to open it up.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #50
ilikerice

here are the BuccaneerRegion in Savannah, Ga. event schedule
http://buccaneerregion.com/soloevents.html

Here are my results from my event a couple weeks back.
http://buccaneerregion.com/ce-4-12.html
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #51
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Well its my turn to add my results to this thread. While I didn't get in the top 20 like I was hoping for I did pull a 45/138 which in San Diego isn't bad. We also had a couple of FRS show up which it was cool to see but they turned out to be much slower than I was expecting. This event was also an experiment for me, I wanted to test to see how the car performs with the front sway bar disconnected. The one thing I noticed immediately was the car had way more traction off the line, this helps because I can rev the nuts off the engine and get it moving whereas before I would flow the passenger tire away. Handling wise the car is completely different you would definitely need much stiffer springs to do this since body roll increases dramatically which also causes turn in to suffer. The car also developed a pretty bad tenancy to oversteer when lifting off and applying the brakes it was easily controllable but it kept me from keeping the car on the edge of grip. The main benefit to removing the front bar was the insane amount of grip available on corner exit, I've been so used to the inside tire spinning I wasn't trusting the car was going to have grip available when I got on it but it held on each and every time.

Here is a video of my fast time, my driving wasn't very good since I didn't have a great feel for how it was going to behave but overall I'm satisfied with the results.

http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/result...-7_pax-web.htm

Video of the run you can see how unsure I am with the way I'm driving. The car also seems to have lost a small bit of lateral traction which if fine since it's gained so much corner exit grip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAVDlZPhc8
Old 06-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #52
ilikerice

nice. our event last sunday got canceled due to bad storm. rescheduled for the 24th. I will try to get videos this time.. lol.. I just hate the quality of my epic. Need a gopro
Old 06-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #53
ilikerice

oh, and the FR-S. Were the guys running them have any previous experence more then a year or 2 of autocross? I ask because we had a guy bring a new GT-R a few times and it wasn't doing very well. But one of our expericenced Evo drivers took it for one run and got a really good time just on his first run. Just saying I dont want a bad judgement on the FR-S because of some guys with money that are afraid to plow into a chicago box.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #54
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

We had 4 drivers and 2 different cars. The fast guy was somewhere in the nature of 2 seconds quicker than me and he was running 225 star specs on stock rims and the driver said he had somewhere in the nature of 10+ years of experience. The other car was about a seconds slower than me in a completely stock car. I normally wouldn't comment on the speed difference but I have about a year of experience and I run rain tires so a decent driver with decent tires should be faster than me.

The FRS looked pretty composed but I don't have high hopes for it in B/C stock its just to slow.

If you scroll down to "Time Only" you can see the time results for yourself.

http://sdr-scca.com/solo2/results/20...-7_fin-web.htm